New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

RMXPU Performance Survey

Performance  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How slow do the pages load?

• 1 - blazing fast
    • 5 - unbearably slow
  2. 2. How often do you get an error page? (database error, 404, etc.)

• 1 - Rarely
    • 5 - So frequent that it affects the time I spend on the site

Hi all,

Due to recent performance concerns I have decided to make a poll and see how things are affecting all of the members.

Please vote and/or comment below, particularly if you have concerns other than those in the poll. This is your chance to rant all you want about what bugs you regarding rmxpu. :)

There both 4 for me. Page takes forever to load sometimes then returns a Cloudflare error or a database error.

Usualy 90% of the time its been slow.

It takes about 2 whole seconds to load anything on this site on my P4 desktop with windows XP. On my HP Laptop with windows 7 it takes less than 1 whole second. I don't know if that's fast or slow, I am ridiculously patient, so of all the problems on the site, the speed is my least I think about. But I don't think that is true for the average user, I can't be certain.

There both 4 for me. Page takes forever to load sometimes then returns a Cloudflare error or a database error.

Usualy 90% of the time its been slow.

Other then this, at least your system doesn't log me out every fking 5mins like at rpgmakervxace. If you leave the site alone for like 5 and you want to look at some forum that requires you to be logged in or post something, you have to relog back in even if you select the option stay logged in. So back to the site ya your doing fine I'll give you a 3.

To be completely honest, this site's performance is rather poor (relatively speaking). I was actually going to pose the question to you the other day. I am using Opera as a browser if that offers any insight, though I experience the same with Firefox.

1. On average, the pages load rather slowly, about 3-5 seconds to even show anything.
  2. I often experience error with scripts when going to make a post, and I am forced to hold CTRL while clicking the post button, which opens it in another window, but at least makes it so the post actually goes through
  3. Usually once or twice a week when I visit, I am greeted with an error saying their is a problem with the database. The only solution I have found is to try back a few hours later. Resetting the router and changing my IP do not seem to have any effect.
  4. Having the BB code parsed in the reply box makes editing a post a complete pain in the ass, although this is more of a personal bitch than an actual error.

Having the BB code parsed in the reply box makes editing a post a complete pain in the ass, although this is more of a personal bitch than an actual error.

I would have to agree. And then you switch editing modes you can see the codes and such but cant use tools like Bold, Underline. Well you cant use anything at all except type text. Not sure if that's an error or its like that. I know in the past it wasnt like that.

I would have to agree. And then you switch editing modes you can see the codes and such but cant use tools like Bold, Underline. Well you cant use anything at all except type text. Not sure if that's an error or its like that. I know in the past it wasnt like that.

That's not marked, its the type of site he's using as rpgmakervxace.net site does the same thing.

Edited by bigace

Yeah it as Bigace says, its a new feature in the software. There's an option in the edit to disable it. Its the first icon, the little light switch. I find it annoying too.

@ForeverZer0: Thanks for your feedback. It's really getting out of hand and its time that I did something about it.

Hey Marked, I am ready and willing to take a look at all the performance problems you are having with this site.There is no way its the fault of the software, seeing as the Minecraft Forum has

1,590,993,372 all-time pageviews

12,477,762 forum posts

1,093,094 forum threads

1,158,345 registered users

And it runs IPB just fine.

But then again, I can guess the answer to this.

for me the site loads at a speed im just used to, and errors don't happen very often, but i get them occasionally.

I must admit my lack of activity is due to this poor site's performance. I do get awesome speed. However, the forums are broken. I'm always getting 403 errors, the download section is broken, the front page login is broken, etc. All of these problems have turned me away from the site.

I must admit my lack of activity is due to this poor site's performance. I do get awesome speed. However, the forums are broken. I'm always getting 403 errors, the download section is broken, the front page login is broken, etc. All of these problems have turned me away from the site.

That is very disappointing... I do take responsibility for all the broken down stuff. The performance stuff (speed, mysql losing its connection) I don't have control over. Instead I have been preparing to move the site over to gdunlimited.net but as usual there's very little time to do that. But the time is quickly approaching and when it does, I will make up for the mess I created here and take care of any errors, bugs, etc. that need fixed.