New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Too bad you have no idea what you're talking about and love to accuse without providing evidence :).

The 4th nightly has been released - it features the first steps towards crafting in the game and pvp!

-----

Download:

brlBt.png

Highlights:

abTkn.png

PVP has been added to multiplayer. It works the same way singleplayer combat works: your health is based off your body parts, your hits are based off your body parts, you can bleed and you will gain experience in your combat skill.

ZFreB.png

Rocks have been added to the game. These rocks can be picked up and used to skin animals in order to get your first Sharp Bone (which has replaced the knife). This is the beginning of the crafting system and it will continue in the next nightly which will be all about the crafting system.

Languages in the next Nightly

We've decided to take out the entire language system. Basically, there are too many things to translate and most of these things are GUI elements which can't actually be translated and therefore the language system is pretty useless. Thank you to anyone who has worked on language support up till now and we apologize to whomever this may be an inconvenience to.

Changelog:

# FIXES

- Fixed the water not properly surrounding the island.

- Fixed water, tall grass, dirt & stump generation.

- Fixed being able to chat in singleplayer.

- Fixed baskets in multiplayer.

- Fixed blood in multiplayer.

- Fixed the ridiculous rate of headshots from animals.

- Fixed bleeding in multiplayer.

- Fixed bleeding after dieing.

- Fixed the path not found serverside error.

- Fixed house doors and floors in multiplayer.

- Fixed the server not clearing offline players.

- Fixed being able to put down ladders on non-existant holes.

# CHANGES

- Shadows will now disappear at night.

- Knives are now 'Sharp Bones' and now have their own graphic.

- Passwords now only have to be 3 characters in length.

# ADDITIONS

- PVP combat!

- Sharp rocks that can be used to skin animals. They can be picked up using right-click.

Nightly 6 is out! It completely revamps the dungeon system and makes it room based. It also adds the ability to craft fishing rods and makes the game a lot harder.

Download:

nightlysmall6.png

Highlights:

HkgaU.png

A brand new dungeon system! Dungeons are now room based and you will have to travel by portal to each room. Dungeon monsters now also drop golden keys instead of pots and chests.

gMOPH.png

Fishing rods can now be crafted. To do this, simply carve a stick (using right-click -> Carve Stick) whilst having a knife-type weapon in your inventory and then simply attach Sinew to it (again, using right-click).

The game is also about 63.8% harder. Your stats regen much slower and stats deteriorate much faster.

Nightly 7:

Nightly 7 will not come out in 2 days unfortunately. This is because I want to do quite a lot of things in it. There are many engine issues that I'm only picking up on now and I'd like to take my time in fixing them, plus I'd like to add something else pretty special so the nightly will come out a bit later than usual.

Changelog:

# FIXES

- Fixed broken textures.

- Fixed the dungeon portal not being aligned.

- The game now properly starts maximised if it should.

- Fixed all the stats.

- Fixed some range issues.

# CHANGES

- Dungeons are now room based.

- Removed keys from chests and pots - added different things instead.

- Dungeon monsters now drop gold keys (30% chance).

# ADDITIONS

- Added cracks, twigs and pebbles.

- Portals for room-hopping in dungeons.

- Increased the stat take chance and decrease the stat regen chance for all stats.

- Added a suicide key, K.

- You can now carve logs! (Right-click on the log with a knife-like tool in your inventory).

- You can now make fishing rods (Attach sinew to a stick).

- Added new items to the villagers' tradeable items.

I regret that I never really have time to make these development logs. If you haven't already heard the game is in a closed testing stage. You can sign up for that here.

So there've been a load of new changes. I'll be describing only a few of them because there are simply too many (I haven't even documented half of them!).

First, there's the feature that I've wanted to put in since the early stages of the game but couldn't. In order for me to do this I had to switch over to the BASS sound library but here it is, volume sliders!

http://tinyurl.com/9p3vssp

Next, I've finished up a feature that was added too hastily and was terribly implemented back in the early nightlies. Keybindings have been given a proper interface and a few more keys have been added to the list of Keybindings.

http://tinyurl.com/9v8zamj

One of the main things I wanted to do is to increase the consistency in the interface design. I would usually use a pixel art font for the interface and then use a regular font in-game, I've simply changed this so that the game now uses that pixel art font and the main green and white colours for buttons, etc.

http://tinyurl.com/8wvz39g

Raw food has always been in the game. However, it is overall disadvantageous since it will cause diseases. Fire has been added to allow you to cook raw food and to get the ash it leaves behind to fertilise dirt (to reduce the time it takes to grow crops).

http://tinyurl.com/9ds3kpj

Here's a video of fire in action:

We're still working on this massive release and be prepared for a whole load of new content and changes before pushing out our first major release.

(Sorry for the images being links. I have no idea why the site doesn't support PNGs in IMG tags).

This is the 1st time I have seen this game. I am going to give it a try.

This is the 1st time I have seen this game. I am going to give it a try.

Me too. Downloaded it just now. Gotta extract.

You should probably sign up to the beta, Nightly 9 isn't nearly as good as the latest beta build :P

Been quite a while since I've posted here, sorry! I feel it's worth reintroducing the game since it's been such a long time.

logo.png

We launched Crawle Beta on 12/12/12 and we've been pushing out updates since. If you're interested you can buy the game for as little as $1 http://sleepystudios.com'>here. Today we've released yet another update that you can check out here.

Kj2gzzU.jpg

Crawle is a sandbox dungeon crawler with a focus on realistic survival using mechanics such as hunger, thirst, diseases and wilderness survival such as creating your own tools, skinning animals for meat and fur and using the resources around you to stay alive. The game is currently in beta meaning that the game is very subject to change in the next few months before full release.

Make sure to follow the development blog here!