New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bigace360

Florida mother kills 4 children, then herself, deputies say....

MSNBC News

Source: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/15/11716702-florida-mother-kills-4-children-then-herself-deputies-say?lite/

uhhhh.... So appearently in florida Tonya Thomas shot and killed her four children, ages 12-17, before turning the gun on herself. Authorities said three of the kids had sought help from a neighbor when Thomas called them back home and fired the fatal shots.

So whats you guys comments on this random suicide/murder case.

First thing that comes to mind from a non-american is americans and their guns. It's very unusual to non-farming families here to have any sort of gun in their home. Secondly, where's the father in all this? No offense to females, but sometimes you go a little nutty without us (or maybe just kiwi woman).

It's pretty sick killing your kids, that's just unecessary. Just kill yourself. You have to mentally ill to kill all of your own children like she did. The world is better off without her.

It's very unusual to non-farming families here to have any sort of gun in their home.

I always thought Canada was bad for guns too, but then I read that statement and realized it totally applied directly to here(Canada) as well. I never realized it but civilians for the most part do not have guns here, it's all farmers and bush folk. Accessibility/availability/opportunity definitely plays a part in any crime.

Found this in the article

Also, a friend of Thomas told police she texted him during the night that she wanted to be cremated with her four children, Goodyear said

But why, that sounds stupid as shit. What she doesn't want to die and be cremated alone so she decides to take the kids with her? Story makes no sense.

As a parent, I find this quite shocking. I don't get how some people would ever dare to harm their children. :(

These kind of people make me wish I wasn't born in this era.

Well it certainly hasn't been any better in the past, so I take it you mean the future. Personally I don't allow myself to feel any sympathy for others like that or wish that everyone would play nice, because the world will always be like that and people will always do cruel and disgusting things to other humans. This is only shocking coz it happened in america, think of all the things that go on in the undeveloped countries and those where the women are practically slaves (which we would consider a primitive culture). It gets a lot worse than this, it won't get any better, so you can only really care about the wellbeing of your friends and family.