New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Mooshra

Rpg's or first person shooter

Ok i have been getting flames from many people saying that first person shooters are better than Rpg's I say not, but also think everyone is their own. So post your thoughts which better, but please no flaming.

Edited by Mooshra

Setting a comparison between the two in terms of quality is quite pointless since both genre have nothing to do with each other. People who're fond of FPS clearly do not seek the same kind of pleasure in video gaming than do those who're fond of RPG, and vice-versa. That's all there is - you can't argue that a game with no FPS elements is better or worse than a FPS, and same goes for RPGs. Those flaming about that fool no one but themselves.

Ok i have been getting flames from many people saying that first person shooters are better than Rpg's I say not, but also think everyone is their own. So post your thoughts which better, but please no flaming.

I was under the impression that all top of the line first person shooters have already raped the rpg genre for their good ideas. In other words first person shooter players have rpgs to thank for leveling characters, upgradable weapons, skill tress and the many other rpg concepts added to the FPS genre. Anyone who argues one category is clearly better than the other is closed minded and a fan boy of video games, and doesn't even understand why their is variety in the first place.

I play both, I hate driving games and sports games, would I say first person shooters and rpg's are better than sports games and driving games? Heck no, that's such a blind statement it makes no sense.

It's like saying apples are better than oranges.

Or westerns are better than kung fu's.

Or trucks are better than cars.

It's definitely preference in general because each is so different, and why they are in a different category entirely. No one rpg can be better than no one first person shooter because there are so many parameters that can't even be compared fairly, it's really just a matter of opinion.

EDIT: Moonpearl beat me by seconds, by yeah I agree with him 100%

Edited by Jon Bon

Apples and Oranges.

Its like arguing which tastes better. Seriously, if someone needs to have it explained that it is merely a personal preference, then they are not capable of intelligent argument.

Apples and Oranges.

Its like arguing which tastes better. Seriously, if someone needs to have it explained that it is merely a personal preference, then they are not capable of intelligent argument.

I couldn't agree more. The whole versus discussion reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZx2r3ISuKA

i like first person shooters, but i like RPGs more. i grew up with them. I can get addicted to an RPG, but i've never been addicted to an FPS. they just tend to be not as good, and usually there's less to do. especially in games like COD. all you do is go around killing people. sure there's a campaign mode and an online mode, but are they really a whole lot different? i personally dont get how people can sit there playing an FPS for hours, and not get bored of it. I know i would, and i have. RPGs on the other hand, tend to have a lot more stuff to do, including mini-games sometimes. there's usually more ways you can customize your team, and side quests you can do.

I really like Metroid Prime, even though its technically an FPS, but it has so much more stuff to do than a regular one.

I know that there are some first person shooters with RPG aspects, and some RPGs with FPS aspects, but its because of the RPG parts, that i enjoy the games.

but, like ForerverZer0 said, its a question of opinion, and i stick to mine.

Aight I respect all coments here this is a versus to me because its a stupid one I agree i just wanted others take because i am the only rpg player in my family.

Edited by Mooshra

Aight I respect all coments here this is a versus to me because its a stupid one I agree i just wanted others take because i am the only rpg player in my family.

You had it right when you said;

I say not, but also think everyone is their own.

Don't second guess yourself and let the haters/ney sayers win. You knew what the answer was along, thankfully this site is filled with intelligent thinkers.

Don't ever hesitate to post stuff like this, because now you know even though you weren't the majority in that situation you were still correct and fair in your mindset.

Even better to make people realize how absurd the argument is - ask them what about games that are a combo between FPS and RPG?