New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
OverlordMao

Thinking of the... what again?

So as some of you may know, its been a long while since I've worked on any RPG Maker... So I just wanted to know what everyone here uses as ideas for making a game. What ends up being the first thing you think of when developing the game? The story? The scripts (such as getting a good equipment screen and proper battle system)? Do you think of the villain that will do a cliché thing and try to conquer the world or build the hero up who will do what is right? Do you draw out the world first so you can map out (ha!) what will be where or form the world after you already know when it will be important?

In case you just decided to skim over that entire paragraph for this much smaller sentence, the question is: What do you plan out first when making an RPG game?

Quick edit before I forget: I wasn't 100% sure where to put this... I still actually have to reread all of the forum rules, so sorry if I broke one or nine of them. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by OverlordMao

Hmm, I guess for me first it's mechanics(scripts) but I develop the Story along with in a general sense, after I've done the mechanics I go into the story and the world map. That way I can decide what's important and where it goes while the story is being developed. Most importantly though, is an idea that makes me think, "I would love to make a tribute to that." Or, "That sounds like a game I would want to play... I wanna make it" :D. Is that the kind of answer you were looking for?

1. story

2. resource(musics, graphics, maps)

3. development(scripts, dev't , remakes)

i make story first so that i will have a goal then I will start to gather resources for me to have a quick vision of what it looks like as a game. development includes story implementation and resource remakes.