New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Punk

[Bug] Blank page when visiting profiles

Just logged in for the first time since the rebranding and before I start, I've got to commend you for the theme you pulled off here. You put some fantastic effort into it and it shows! Wish you luck on the rebranding, man.

Anyway, here's a bug report for you. Whenever I try visiting profiles, I keep getting a blank white page. I'm not sure if this happens on other browsers or even other operating systems. If it helps, I'm using Firefox 15.0.1 on Windows 7.

Actually I would also like to say I noticed this, this morning and messaged Mark about it.

I only tried on one profile, I should have tested other ones and forgot to (PS3).

They used to work so this just started happening. :(

I haven't got this error for profiles, but Wyz has been sending me the errors and I think we just figured it out. It's something to do with the new profiles which I started but aren't ready to takeover the old ones. Just missing columns in the database.

Just logged in for the first time since the rebranding and before I start, I've got to commend you for the theme you pulled off here. You put some fantastic effort into it and it shows! Wish you luck on the rebranding, man.

Thanks Punk :D The rebranding is more of a side-effect of a much bigger reform. It's a shame when the launch looks like a mere change in theme. The reason we're having a few issues is because the forums run through the "GDU System" which I wrote from scratch and really only was able to make progress once I figured out to integrate IPB's member systems into the gdu system. Similarly for the design, what you're seeing now is IPB's content loaded up, cut into variables, and plugged into a globally common template: perfect theme integration. I only figured out how to all this about 1 year ago, and have spent a concerning amount of time working on GDU through my studies and work. The effect of it all, aside from every single page being integrated, is breaking all the limits that we had with a CMS and forum software. We can now develop applications right into the system, very quickly (because all the UI markup and CSS classes all exist and are common everywhere). It will all be custom and unique, and specifically designed for a game development website (particularly profiles, I hope). It requires a bit of faith from the members of course, these things take time :P