New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Lammorra

I have two requests for help

Question

I am finally getting down to the actual hands on learning about making a game. I know that I will have to change my story of Dream to Survive quite a bit. I have been studying and working on my manuscripts. I have had several people say that with some changes I could turn my first manuscript which is on this fourm in the story and literature section.

1. Here is what I need. How do you open doors?

2. How do you link one say the outer part of a house or store to the iinner part?

One question. Will this linking work the same way for moving from one map to another.

I am going to tell you all something. This is the only forum where I don't get the run around.

Some of the other forums are helpful, but it seems that everyone has to give their opinion on

the said subject. I find that this sometimes confuses the issues.

From day one, this forum has really put there hearts and souls into helping others. I am one person

that is grateful and wishes to thank you very much for your best efforts (you all seem to act like a family).

I for one appreciate you hard work. To me this is a do and get done thing. I even have a 300 G hard

drive that sits beside my main computer. What I am trying to do is to create a story book like game.

Where others can participate or interact with the characters, NPC's and Monsters.

Lammorra

9 answers to this question

Yeah that can be easly done, you use the "Teleport" event command to move from maps.

now about the doors, how do you want it to work first ? do you want an animation to run *door opening* and the Hero moving *Entering door* then teleporting ? or just teleporting with some sound ? there are many different ways..

oh and people used to be kewl here..... but are they now ? *Holdz his breath 10 secondz !!!!!!!111*

Nope. Sorry Dark Dragon, but in the time since we've been gone, the site has begun to severely discriminate against the evil-geniuses like we two fine Shmokes-s.

They don't like our pioneering attitude and lack of respect grammar and the english language.

They want us destroyed.

But more to the point, the easiest way to handle doors is to simply use the teleport option while playing a sound that sounds like a door opening and closing. Option two is more complex, but better. DD already got that one pretty good.

(Okay, so he covered both. What's your point, shoulder Vader?)

That is a fedral offence to the rights of human rights based on chapter 8 column 339920786 :

Taking any offence on any member of the say-it-all-say-it-wise group should be treated immediately by the new all-new medicene discovered by the new family health care proffesor who studied in Hugerwartos school of smithcraft and treachery, also knowen as "AKA" Omlete

Now I have to add something "useful" to help maintain the health of the memberz of this forum.... uhhh... ummmm...... oh yeah !!!111111

(I'll just make an example)

>Move Event :

Event "Door"

Face left

wait 1

Face right

wait 1

Face down

>Play SE "Door 01"

>Tint screen "Black"

>Teleport to "Map02"

>Tint screen "Normal"

That should statisfy 'em... I hope......

Nope. Sorry Dark Dragon, but in the time since we've been gone, the site has begun to severely discriminate against the evil-geniuses like we two fine Shmokes-s.

They don't like our pioneering attitude and lack of respect grammar and the english language.

They want us destroyed.

But more to the point, the easiest way to handle doors is to simply use the teleport option while playing a sound that sounds like a door opening and closing. Option two is more complex, but better. DD already got that one pretty good.

(Okay, so he covered both. What's your point, shoulder Vader?)

Demondaze,

Thank you for your help. I like your quote about writers. It is so true!

Lammorra

Dark Dragon,

I want to thank you for the teleport. This will save me a lot of work in the future.

Lammorra

If you would like to read my story and give me your impressions it would be greatly appreciated. It is not much of a game yet, because it is my first novel. Just look for Dream to Survive parts 1, 2, 3, and 4. It is in Story's and Literature. I am just trying to get feed back from anyone that will give it. If you don't have time it is all right.

Years ago, my children gave me the nickname of Dragon Lady. I have two sons, but many of their friends call us their parents as well. Some still stay with us. It gets a little crowded in a mobile home. I do not care about how people use language or grammar. Some of our young friends have not even finished the lower grade schools. I live in Canada. I think that if you respect yourselves, that is all that matters.

Thanks again two you both for your help.

LOL Daze you devil, to2ly ignored me, WRITERS SHALL DIE N' MAMALS SHALL LIVE

All that typing took so much time ;-; thats it I'm going back to my spamming habits =DDDD

plz if you solved your problem you may as well change teh name of teh topic and add "[RESOLVED]"

at the start

thank you

I dont get it though, he just said what I said ;-; .... I should work on my english... oops "English"... damn capital letters and, DAMN, COMMAS,,,,

LOL Daze you devil, to2ly ignored me, WRITERS SHALL DIE N' MAMALS SHALL LIVE

All that typing took so much time ;-; thats it I'm going back to my spamming habits =DDDD

plz if you solved your problem you may as well change teh name of teh topic and add "[RESOLVED]"

at the start

thank you

I dont get it though, he just said what I said ;-; .... I should work on my english... oops "English"... damn capital letters and, DAMN, COMMAS,,,,

Try writing out over a thousand pages by hand. Typing is much faster. (No writers cramp) LOL LOL

Lammorra

Why do I always have to tell 'em? I hate tellin' 'em. It drains far too much of my brain juices already in short supply.

Besides, a thousand pages by hand, when written in simple, sweet, golden words is allot easier than writing fifty seven pages of code, free-hand or computer or otherwise. But that might just be me. I am, after all, lazy.

And besides that, I've written well over three thousand pages in collective works. I'm a font of imaginative juices.

I'll read your story. Why not? I'm an insomniac writer; I've nothing but free time. I'll PM you my review.

Why do I always have to tell 'em? I hate tellin' 'em. It drains far too much of my brain juices already in short supply.

Besides, a thousand pages by hand, when written in simple, sweet, golden words is allot easier than writing fifty seven pages of code, free-hand or computer or otherwise. But that might just be me. I am, after all, lazy.

And besides that, I've written well over three thousand pages in collective works. I'm a font of imaginative juices.

I'll read your story. Why not? I'm an insomniac writer; I've nothing but free time. I'll PM you my review.

Demondaze

I am looking forward to your review. Thank you!

Lammorra