New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jar Of Dirt

I've got a jar of dirt!

Hey guys. Bassfire here. RGangsta (not sure if he goes by the same name here) referred me over so here I am. Uhm.. I guess this is supposed to be about me? I'm lonely, fat, and like cake. More? Seriously? OK.

I'm 18, lived in the same little town all my life (still fail at giving directions). I'm working on getting my GED (taking the test on the 8th of Nov. Wish me luck) and after I pass it, I'm going to Full Sail University for my Bachelor's in Game Design. It's my passion.

I like music, too. Rock, Metalcore (Melodic, moreso. Bullet for my Valentine, and the likes.), Electronic Rock (Kill Hannah) and a variety of others. Chances are, I like it. I dislike, however, rap (hip hop, and the like) and country. Anything else, I'm all up for it. :) Yes, that inclues Djenttrance and Djentstep. And

Oh, and I'm into computers. Learning a bit of Ruby coding (I work with RMVX Ace) and I'll be learning C# (I think) during my Game Design courses at FSU.

I also like tearing them apart. And building them. The building, I don't do so much. I've torn apart more than I've built. But once I get some cash flow, I'm putting about $1200 into a PC for my gaming.

Anything else? No? Yes? What?

Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.

Just ask.

Edited by Jar Of Dirt

Welcome! GDU is the right place for you to be :> There's not much here, think of it as a framework for a future home of game developers :D

Yeah, I've noticed. But RG was a pretty good friend in my Seppie days so I have total faith that this will become a great place. Plus, everyone here seems pretty cool. :)

We're trying to get this place up and happening :D

nice to meet ya Bassfire, hope you enjoy yor stay

:) Maybe if we offered jars of dirt, there would be more people?

I have a jar of dirt. Anyways welcome Bassfire nice to meet ya, hope that you'll be a regular in the chat on here, it's pretty lonely in there for now.

Welcome bassfire. Anyone RG recommends is good enough for me! That's my homie! FO SHIZZLE!

Oh and this won't become a great place! IT ALREADY IS A GREAT PLACE! It's lovely in fact. If I could live in GDU I would :)

$1200 not a lot :-p. The computer I'm working on building I'm putting $2000 into. haha.

$1200 not a lot :-p. The computer I'm working on building I'm putting $2000 into. haha.

It's a lot when you have no job. And a 6 month old daughter to feed. And considering the most expensive car I've ever bought was only $1,100.

I've got a dream build of about $12,000. Lol. Just max out 128GB RAM with that Big Bang from MSI. Couple of good GPUs, fully OC'ed Xion. I don't have all the specs off-hand but it's a beastly build.

Well now that does change things! Most expensive car I ever bought was $500. Then ending up selling it anyways.

And $12,000 is too much! :-p

Most expensive car I ever bought was $500. Then ending up selling it anyways.

I bought a $500 car once. It needed another $500 to get it running lol. It was an 89 Toyota Camry DLX. 350K Miles. Little 2.0 4 Cyl. That thing got great gas mileage though.

And $12,000 is too much! :-p

Not when you're doing high-grade video and 3D rendering into 1080p +. I need a powerful computer that will handle everything I need for the rest of my life lol. :) That way I can pass it onto my child when she grows up.

Kinda like when a parent hands down a 72 Mustang. The best of it's time, and still smokin' the competition to this day.

Could always upgrade it as the years pass or you could always spend 12k on many... oh so many, bottles of dirt? Your choice.

Forgot to mention, welcome to GDU Bassfire!

Could always upgrade it as the years pass or you could always spend 12k on many... oh so many, bottles of dirt? Your choice.

Forgot to mention, welcome to GDU Bassfire!

I could upgrade it. I'd forgotten that. Anyone here know of BitFenix cases? The Ghost case, I want. Although with something like a $12K machine, I should probably hide it in a Rosewill FBM-01. Lol.

I have never heard of BitFenix or Rosewill. But I just looked at BitFenix and seem like some nice cases. Not many choices on the full tower end though which is what I want.

I have never heard of BitFenix or Rosewill. But I just looked at BitFenix and seem like some nice cases. Not many choices on the full tower end though which is what I want.

BitFenix makes very aesthetically pleasing towers. I personally enjoy the Ghost and Prodigy styles. And if you're looking for full tower, perhaps this will interest you.

That is a pretty sweet case. Will consider it.

Can't believe I never though to look on NZXT for case. Even though I bought my girlfriend a badass laptop charger from them last Christmas.

That is a pretty sweet case. Will consider it.

Can't believe I never though to look on NZXT for case. Even though I bought my girlfriend a badass laptop charger from them last Christmas.

I've never personally bought from NZXT, but all of their reviews are 4-5 star. Thinking of purchasing the Whisper for it's silence and minimalistic design.

Any friend of Gansta is a friend of mine.

Welcome to the Green Degree University and hope you feel at home here.

but Jar of Dirt...

I pee'd in your Jar of Dirt and now it is a smelly jar of pee mud!

Now you can have it back for the next ten hours...

This has got to be one of the best full tower gaming cases I've seen, it's functionality, quality, design and aesthetics are top of the chart. Some call it the ultimate gaming case.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-116-TT

Ah yea that case. We've had this convo before. :-p that is the case as of now I plan on gettin' but in black. Not a big fan of white.

This has got to be one of the best full tower gaming cases I've seen, it's functionality, quality, design and aesthetics are top of the chart. Some call it the ultimate gaming case.

http://www.overclock...rodid=CA-116-TT

That case, in my honest opinion, is terrible. Perhaps not for functionality and quality, but to me the design is just ugly. Maybe it's because everything I have is very minimalistic in design, but.. I dunno. This is my kinda case: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-087-BX&groupid=2362&catid=1850&subcat=

Edited by Jar Of Dirt

That case, in my honest opinion, is terrible. Perhaps not for functionality and quality, but to me the design is just ugly. Maybe it's because everything I have is very minimalistic in design, but.. I dunno. This is my kinda case: http://www.overclock...id=1850&subcat=

that case to me is as uglly as anything, harldy any design has gone into it. That's how I see it :P So yeah two different angles that we're looking from. I think the design of the G10 is superb in every sense.

See that is where we would have to different. I noticed that Dirt is all about minimal design. Where I'm a show-off. I wanna show things off. And I feel Mandanchi is the same way since we have similar taste in cases. :-p Haha.

To each their own!

To each their own!

No. This is my intro thread and I say you have to like minimalistic design! >:[ GOT IT?! Lol.

Seriously, though. I prefer minimalistic designs because one, it keeps things nice and clean and two, nobody would think that a minimalistic style case would hold a $2500 computer system inside it. on the other hand, someone sees that G10 and they're like, "damn dude."

See like I said previously. I want people to look at it and go DAMN DUDE! Just my nature.

I say one thing to your jar of dirt

I have a Faerie in a Bottle!