New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

My Globalization course had a discussion about sex crimes. Rape is one of the worst crimes that a person can do. The United States can be a very sexist country. Police departments like the LA PD(watch the video above) do not care rape seriously enough. The process to make a rape kite is just as bad as being raped. The victim is not allowed to wash her body. The process takes six hours. I think the process is very degrading.

My class and me were very upset at one student. He said if a woman is dressed very sexy then she is asking for it. A woman is not asking for it if she likes to dress sexy. You never hear a man is asking for it when he is wearing a muscle tee.

How do you feel about American police departments ignoring this serious issue?

This reply contains some mature language and or situations which may not be suitable for younger members.

I hate to put it like this but why is there even any Rape in a Non-Prison area? There is way to much "free pussy" and cheap hoes. What the hell is wrong with people now days.

This reply contains some mature language and or situations which may not be suitable for younger members.

I hate to put it like this but why is there even any Rape in a Non-Prison area? There is way to much "free pussy" and cheap hoes. What the hell is wrong with people now days.

Rape isn't about sex. Rape is normally about abusing and controlling another person.

The LAPD is one of the worst police departments in the US. Why don't they test these kits? Because they just don't care.

Rape isn't about sex. Rape is normally about abusing and controlling another person.

True. Usually the rapist is only raping another to have control over the other person, or to just  hurt them.

Is there any stats on that? Coz you need a few body functions going before rape is going to happen. I can't really imagine a rapist going... this girl is overpowering me, I need to show her who's boss, she's gona get it. Etc. Just thinking out loud. And no random rapes can be about control. Perhaps hurt, but here's definitely a sexual element if you're going choose rape. Surely its not easy to get said bodily functions going when you're trying to hurt a stranger, unless its a sexual thing. Ok, enough putting myself in the rapists shoes :oops: It's a heinous crime. I like the old eye for an eye system you find in the middle east where the punishment is what you did... eg a rapist would get rapped.

Hmm, well rape isn't just through physical intercourse so having a few body functions going wont' mean anything. It can done by sexually assault. The definition of rape is often confused.

They have done studies, interviews and whatnot. Not all rapes are done for power, but a majority of it is; it isn't about how attractive they are, or if they are (won't use crude language) feeling the need  to have sex. It is scattered all over the place, but I can try and find some of the articles I read. Here is one I  found in the mean time;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape (skip to "Motivation of perpetrators")

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-do-rapists-rape

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php "Skip to (Myth Once a man is sexually aroused he cannot help himself. He has to have sex. )"

http://mokhlibnene.wordpress.com/2013/03/09/how-to-prevent-rape-inside-a-rapists-mind/ (skip to .4)

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Yeah I know what rape is. I've watched girl with the dragon tatoo. But what I'm saying is that I would be suprised if most are not sexually motivated (and therefore the bodily functions we are talking about are required).

Not sure if I want those links in my history D: :P

. I like the old eye for an eye system you find in the middle east where the punishment is what you did... eg a rapist would get rapped.

Child molesters (male or female) should have their parts removed.

Okay, just to get this straight, any form of rape is wrong.

Okay?

Its never okay, its immoral, its sinful, its animalistic, and its not funny. Geez man. And anyone who thinks this beastly act is okay, is not thinking straight.

Plus, rape is wrong before God, and goes on the category of sexual immorality.

Edited by FaithUkwuomah

Uh whats with all the revival of all the old theads? lol The other post you made had a lot of your opinion, but this one is kind of pointless, but carry on I'm interested to see where your going with this sense it't not really spam, but just nero-posting.

Uh whats with all the revival of all the old theads? lol The other post you made had a lot of your opinion, but this one is kind of pointless, but carry on I'm interested to see where your going with this sense it't not really spam, but just nero-posting.

Btw, just to add to what I said, when the Bible mentions the beastly act, it is depicted as a gross violation of God’s design for the treatment of the human body (Genesis 34). The Bible CLEARLY condemns rape whenever it is mentioned. An example of that is, a particular passage in the laws given to the nation of Israel before entering the Promised Land under Joshua’s leadership. This passage (which is Deuteronomy 22:13-29) spoke directly against forcing a woman into a sexual encounter against her will, or what we now know today as rape.

Simple as.

And I don't see any reason why people these days think that such a beastly, sinful and animalistic act is okay, when in reality its wrong.

And I don't see any reason why people these days think that such a beastly, sinful and animalistic act is okay, when in reality its wrong.

While that is probably the most correct sentence from you that I've read, I have to wonder...

Why did you make an account except to post in old topics and then preach to us? Seems like spam to me.

Since you're such a new member, I suggest you start posting other places because this site is not a religious debate one.

PM me if you have a problem. I'll read whatever you throw at me.

CLOSED

Yeah this topic was never about the morality of rape (unless the further posts talked about it, I only read the OP). You're certainty not going to get any argument by saying rape is wrong in any shape or form from any perspective.

Why did you make an account except to post in old topics and then preach to us? Seems like spam to me.

I can see why you think nu dude might be spamming but I'm quite sure he's legit. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs (and lack of). *hippy-mark* But nu dude, you're laying it on a bit heavy. Every thing you say down to your avatar is about your faith. You're entitled to come in and give your two cents from whatever perspective you like but we're not going to argue rape or gay marriage from a religion perspective, so I'm not sure there's a great deal of point. Just mix it up a bit coz it comes to a point where we're looking at you like you're the mother on the movie Carrie, which I just started watching. :thumbsup: