New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
albertibay

Hey guys can you criticize my works in photoshop

First is my game logo

dayofthedarknesslogo.png

Then my lighting and the hud that still in progress(need feedback for improvement)

screenshot1hi.png

Then there's my windowskin

screenshot8.PNG

screenshot7cj.png

screenshot5ur.png

screenshot6ug.png

tell me what you think for me to know what to improve

*THE POWER OF PHOTOSHOP*

The battlebackgrounds with big trees and obviously small plants was not a really appropriate with the characters(too big too small) and those 2 black birds was way too tight on positions of each other. The thing that gets my attention is the time system. I wanna see how it works. The quest logs didnt. If you post a video preview then it will be a lot better.

The logo looks good, but the colour scheme is too dark. The colours almost blend together and are too grim. I suggest selecting 1 primary colour for the text and secondary for the sword both with their individual opacity levels where necessary. Also you might want to experiment moving the sub text in different positions. I think "You choose the path you'll take" would look good above the bottom left sub text.

Alterations of the text could be:

• You decide the path that you will take.
  • You decide your own path.
  • The path taken, will be the one you decide.
  • You are the one that decides your own destiny.

I really like the HUD design and lighting, pulled off quite nicely :)

All the transparent sections of the Window Skin look great but I think the rest is too dense/ bleak. Maybe keep it the same but choose a lighter colour. The HP/ SP colours are very suiting. Font used is good, and I like the gentle hint of blue applied to the HP/ SP/ Lv/ E titles.

Its actually a day and night system ones one day passed then it would change to the 7 days of the week i was planning on adding months but didn't go through with it and each day the people were in different places/ dialogs

Edited by albertibay