New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Downtime

Hi guys,

Apologies for the recent downtime. I think it was 9 days. We've had a tough time trying to get the forum back up and had to move our database over to a new server to get things working again.

This alternative server is a temporary thing while I clean up the database.

The transfer may have caused some data to be lost and some errors may pop up. If so feel free to report them here. Sometimes you will get those blank screens, sometimes it will be temporary (in which case its probably a lost connection and can be solved be refreshing the page) and other times there's an actual error, which is what we're looking to find.

Right the site is loading really slow for me. Anyone else?

Hopefully we won't have such a long period of downtime again, but it's likely there will be a bit more with this database work that needs to be done.

Good luck fixing it all Marked. It seems like a tough time but I know for sure you can do it. Cheers!

Hi Marked glad to see GDU back up online even if it is a temporary server! Best of luck in fixing it all up :)

Pages take a long time to load for me too.

Yay its back up. I was so lost while it was down. Glad to see it back up and hope you can fix it :D.

Yea its a little slow for me. 10 sec per page about.

I noticed a login error when trying to login. All you have to do after you get the error is go back to the site and you should be logged in.

*checks back* Yay! xD

Hopefully everything will be back to normal...my computer thinks this is an attack site now, lol

Well this is quite bad. It's very difficult working with such a large database. I thought all the data was here since the forums actually started working, but that's not the case.

As for the speed, it's almost pointless having the forum up with it being so slow.

I'll try to get all these things resolved as quickly as I can..

*checks back* Yay! xD

Hopefully everything will be back to normal...my computer thinks this is an attack site now, lol

Yeah that issued is resolved now.

Well this is quite bad. It's very difficult working with such a large database. I thought all the data was here since the forums actually started working, but that's not the case.

As for the speed, it's almost pointless having the forum up with it being so slow.

I'll try to get all these things resolved as quickly as I can..

Yeah that issued is resolved now.

According to my computer, its not...that page keeps popping up every time I enter the site. Says that this is an attack site and blah blah blah.

According to my computer, its not...that page keeps popping up every time I enter the site. Says that this is an attack site and blah blah blah.

At some stage during the downtime some of our files were edited and subsequently the site got flagged. Google has reviewed us and removed the flag, and we have since moved hosts with original files, so you're pretty safe.

Welcome back again everyone. What a nightmare. After successfully uploading the database for the second time to the 3rd sever in the last few weeks, this host had some kind of configuration issue which was causing a PHP variable to be set to nothing and thus none of our URL's actually worked. I was thrown off course by thinking it was an apache issue and spent all of yesterday failing miserably trying to figure out the issue, and finally today it took just 30minutes to find a solution using PHP :)

I would have liked to have a nice new section up and running as an apology for the downtime, but it's taken so long to get the site back up that I will have to keep it a secret for about another week yet.

At some stage during the downtime some of our files were edited and subsequently the site got flagged. Google has reviewed us and removed the flag, and we have since moved hosts with original files, so you're pretty safe.

Welcome back again everyone. What a nightmare. After successfully uploading the database for the second time to the 3rd sever in the last few weeks, this host had some kind of configuration issue which was causing a PHP variable to be set to nothing and thus none of our URL's actually worked. I was thrown off course by thinking it was an apache issue and spent all of yesterday failing miserably trying to figure out the issue, and finally today it took just 30minutes to find a solution using PHP :)

I would have liked to have a nice new section up and running as an apology for the downtime, but it's taken so long to get the site back up that I will have to keep it a secret for about another week yet.

...It kinda just gave me the same warning screen again. :c

(it popped up when I tried to log in)

...It kinda just gave me the same warning screen again. :c

(it popped up when I tried to log in)

Can you describe the screen or send me a screenshot? Was it your own software or did the warning come from your browser? I'm certain that its more that the site was flagged rather than there being an existing security threat. While the site was down I spent a lot of time on it and I know how it works.

Can you describe the screen or send me a screenshot? Was it your own software or did the warning come from your browser? I'm certain that its more that the site was flagged rather than there being an existing security threat. While the site was down I spent a lot of time on it and I know how it works.

It seems to happen randomly...but I think it's mainly Firefox. I can "ignore" the warning and enter the site. (sometimes, because I also get the "The page cannot be displayed" error as well) But having to click it randomly gets annoying after a while, lol.

Ho hoo, Now I can finally try out this shiny new GDU

btw, when you transfer back to the original server, will there be a heads up and how much down time can be expected.

Yeah it should only be about 10 hours. The main issue this time was that I didn't have access to the database as it had disappeared and could be obtained via the host. We had a bunch of issues in getting it to me, and then when we did my plan to use two servers for a single website was a bit stupid, that was always going to cause unbearable slowness. We're currently hosted on my boss's server, so thanks to him we got back up. The reason it takes 10 hours to upload is because nearly 1,000,000 queries need to be run to upload a 630mb database. I have to do it about 3 times in order to go through and pick up missed queries from the previous upload.

Ok, well I took a screen of the warning, lemme know if you want me to upload and show it to you.

Wait when did the site come back cuz marks post was set on 14 and 2 days ago i checked the site and all i got is this

"<<"

Edited by albertibay

*round of applause

*pack on the back.

"Good Job Marked!"

You deserve all of these. Merry Xmas GDU!

...Or Pol can post the warning pic, lol. Anyways that's what I'm getting, seems to happen every now and then.

hmm.... thats peculiar since thats not happening to me

well do you use avg internet security or norton by any chance

if not try disabling your anti virus

I think its the browser, or like Marked said, Google...and that it should take a week or two for it to leave or something.

That's annoying >.> Anyone else getting the attack site screen? I've been googling about it and the only solution mentioned is for me to get the site reviewed by google, which I have done and have been cleared.

It seems it pops up every other time I visit the site, and yeah...HIGHLY annoying.

I've been getting that Virus message with Chrome also. I fixed it though. For Chrome, there's this Extension called Default Extension 1.0. All I did was delete that from Chrome and find the extensions folder and deleted it from there. Now, I get no more virus messages.

It was called Scour Redirect.