New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
ryanrulz_11

RMXP Unlimited MMORPG

RMXP UNLIMITED MMORPG  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try again?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we start it again, how would you be able to contribute?

• Mapping
    • Scripting
    • Writing
    • Eventing
    • Animating
    • Organising
    • Advertising
    • Testing / Editing
    • Spriting
    • Artwork other than scripting
    • Other
    • Nothing
  3. 3. How enthusiastic are you towards the project? (5 being highest, 1 being lowest)

As am I.

I've always been a fast learner, and I'm picking up every facet of RPG Maker XP pretty fast. I can help with mapping, testing, writing, and eventing, and probably scripting a bit too.

EDIT: So are the forums down, or what?

Yes they are. All the members except me have disappeared. Ryanrulz, the leader of the project, is not here, so we are unable to continue with this. We still have all the data on the forums, the board is just turned offline so no one can access it. If the team members come back, we can start this again. But right now, it just won't work.

That's a terrible bummer. I have a feeling I could add something to this project. I haven't noticed anyone claiming to be particularly good, or interested in, game balancing. I'm talking stat progressions, level up speed, equipment stats, monster stats etc. All of the battle crunch so to speak. This happens to be my area of expertise, and it goes back well before I knew about RPG Maker. If this project ever gets started up again I'd LOVE to help out in this area which seems to be lacking.

You're right about that. I'd say many games barley touch that area, as most fail before completion, and as there are presets it is generally ignored. You are the first member I have seen say that is their expertise.

If the team leader comes back, we may get this project started again. I dont think it will happen anytime soon though.

Well I can wait. I've got my own project to work on.

I consider the battling, leveling up, and equipment of RPG's to be very important. They help define the genre. Otherwise it's just an adventure game.

You called?^.^ Sorry guys for my absence, but no-one was really going on the dev forums and it got quiet so i was gonna wait until the publicity of the project grew. And since people are wanting to get back into it, away we go^.^

Wow, I didn't think it would be that easy.

Thanks for coming back. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates it!

Well three of us are back so far.

Come on people. Your activity is a necessity!

Yes. We sorely need someone to do the music. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

well, as far as Ive heard the "leader" hasnt been on in a while. and as maph said we can just asume he abandoned us after a while. But why should that stop us, we could just elect a new leader for the project. After all its not the person were doing this for right, its the idea.

Wait woah!? People are still responding to this thing? Sweet!

Polraudio, just so you know the team isn't much of a "team" yet. We technically have 4 people (5 if you join in). Your help would be much appreciated, ESPECIALLY in advertising. We have a lot more done than what's currently on the forums, but they were recently moved, and Marked hasn't reposted all of our stuff yet. So don't worry, we've actually got some good progress done already.

Anyway here's the forum

http://z15.invisionfree.com/RPGMakers/index.php?

PS: Thanks Horro for bumping this into the new post section.

Sorry people for my absence, i didn't want it to seem as though i'm abandoning you guys, ok? Its just the the forums were VERY inactive so i thought that people would not bother with it, and as i have seen form the link, the forums are down (am i mistaken?) So, ware people still willing to continue with the project? Because its ridiculous how we start off good, then after about 2 or so weeks, we just drop out, we come back, and do the same thing. So, if people are willing to contribute long term, then i will come back but...do you see where i'm coming from?

Ah, so he returns.

Actually a bit did happen while you were away. Maph took over the project and we decided to separate from RMXP Unlimited.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/RPGMakers/

I'm sure this project has ceased though. It did seem like you abandoned it disappearing for a couple of months, but was keen to take over. You will have to ask him what is going on with it. I'm assuming he is in fact not continuing with it.

Arrrg. That's the fatal flaw with the forums. It doesn't keep "New" posts around long enough for people to realize that I've actually posted something.

Hmmmm, I actually just went and looked at the forums, and actually looking at the entirety of what I've written so far, there's really not much there. It felt like I had written a lot more, so I can see how it looks like I kind of just gave up on it. Well now I'm aware that it's going to take more time than what I've been putting in to it.

This project isn't dead. I have at least a half dozen people willing to help IF the story gets done, so that's our first priority here.

Ryanrulez, we should probably talk over MSN or through PM's or something.