New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Dragon324

Tutorials

Hello everyone, sorry it’s been a while since I posted anything. However after spending some time talking with Marked and Lizzie last night and spending several hours of debate. I’ve personally decided to put my game on hold and try some tutorials for VX Ace (if you all like the idea). I thought I would probably do this on eventing considering it’s the thing I’m best at. However I wanted some feedback from you all before thinking about getting started to make sure it’s a success :). Below I listed some ideas that I would like some feedback on.

1. Video or just Writing?
  2. I was thinking of doing like an event for the week. This would be mentioned the week before and then the next week with the new tutorial it would be completed and a demo with comments in the demo for people to use.
  3. A challenge section. This would be where someone could ask for something (that they would use of course) and I would attempt to do it. I could even give a challenge out to the community to see if they have learned from what was taught and to help them refresh.

These where just some ideas that came up. Let me know what you all think, and if you have any other ideas let me know. If enough people are interested and Marked approves I would really like to give this a try ^^. For now peace out.

and try some tutorials for VX Ace

That's just about the best idea I've heard in a very long time :)

Video or just Writing?

35x3zp.jpg

I duno bout other people, but I still prefer the old text tutorial, although it really depends. If you're teaching photoshop, I'd say video. With eventing, I'd probably go video also so you can walk through each command rather than posting an image with all your commands.

I was thinking of doing like an event for the week. This would be mentioned the week before and then the next week with the new tutorial it would be completed and a demo with comments in the demo for people to use

A challenge section. This would be where someone could ask for something (that they would use of course) and I would attempt to do it. I could even give a challenge out to the community to see if they have learned from what was taught and to help them refresh.

Sounds good. But don't be let down by participation. Are you thinking about publishing your tuts in the tut section then linking to their from your challenge topics?

Sounds good. But don't be let down by participation. Are you thinking about publishing your tuts in the tut section then linking to their from your challenge topics?

Alright and I'll try not to be swayed by particpation :P however things could get lonely if I'm doing the challenges solo :( lol. I could publish the tutorial part there in the tut. section. Then I could place the challenges here in the cafe and update the same post as new week challenges come by that way if particpation slows I can still work on the tutorials :). In that case I shall start when I get some free time and try to finish the first one by Sunday xD.

Sounds good. But not the cafe, in the Ace somewhere. I'm thinking general discussion is the best fit.

I was wondering if you could make a tut on the differences between parallel process, autorun, etc for Ace? Like a pretty basic one. According to my stats that's what people are searching over the last month.