New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Punk

Site looks better than the last time I seen it (Fall '12)

Damn, Marked! You did a real good job at this place! :)

Yeah, it's just a thread where I compliment the site's appearance but hey! :p

Thanks Punk. Yeah, GDU didn't really work out. I had lots of ambitions and goals, but nothing really happened.

I know that feeling all too very well, believe me! :p

still a lack of posting activity.

ad87a9ff967c1c69d2b98048779e0b83.png

Everyone's gone. All of our staff are gone. Liars like Kiriashi and assholes like Jon Bon didn't help. No one posts anything, and when they do, no one else even bothers to reply to the topic. Only 2 members went out of their way to submit tutorials to the relatively new tutorials section. I was too ambitious with GDU and having to deconstruct RMXPU for the new GDU system was a mistake that I can't take back. May 7th is our 7 year anniversary. I think that will be a good date to pull the plug. We used to help people make games, I think we helped a lot of people over those years. I wouldn't do it again if I had my time again, but I'm still happy I did.

still a lack of posting activity.
Okay I'm tired of people saying this and not contributing anything. If you have a problem with activity maybe you should help by posting yourself. Start new relevant conversations, resources threads , etc. But don't post dick-worthy post like "lack of posting activity" and barely post yourself. This month and others have been lacking, we don't need constant reminders everytime.
ad87a9ff967c1c69d2b98048779e0b83.png

Everyone's gone. All of our staff are gone. Liars like Kiriashi and assholes like Jon Bon didn't help. No one posts anything, and when they do, no one else even bothers to reply to the topic. Only 2 members went out of their way to submit tutorials to the relatively new tutorials section. I was too ambitious with GDU and having to deconstruct RMXPU for the new GDU system was a mistake that I can't take back. May 7th is our 7 year anniversary. I think that will be a good date to pull the plug. We used to help people make games, I think we helped a lot of people over those years. I wouldn't do it again if I had my time again, but I'm still happy I did.

Wait your closing the site? I still have scripts to add and update. Sorry, I've just been procastinating so much that I've been coding slow and not updating. I'll try to get those in this weekend, but damn I didn't know you were going to pull the plug. All those features you show before releasing GDU looked sick. Such as the profile stuff. Feels like a bummer.

Also I agree on Kiriashi, before he decided to be a dick and disappear, the dude was being a dick when it came to creating my map. If you want to see the emails, I can show you. Plus for someone who is dead, his gmail account shows that he just posted something new on youtube. Now either someone stole his account or couldn't just tell us he quits.

I didn't say that I was closing the site. But at this rate... and by May 7th, y'know.

Also I agree on Kiriashi, before he decided to be a dick and disappear, the dude was being a dick when it came to creating my map. If you want to see the emails, I can show you. Plus for someone who is dead, his gmail account shows that he just posted something new on youtube. Now either someone stole his account or couldn't just tell us he quits.

There's no question he's alive. He made big contributions and the above post in saying he is a liar is mostly things between him and I. He's certainly not the only one to take advantage of the anonymity of the internet. But at the end of the day he made the decision to do something stupid, and a lot of members were sad to hear that news as a result of another lie from him. Anyway, I'm done talking about him, he's gone and its time for him to be forgotten.

I didn't say that I was closing the site. But at this rate... and by May 7th, y'know.

There's no question he's alive. He made big contributions and the above post in saying he is a liar is mostly things between him and I. He's certainly not the only one to take advantage of the anonymity of the internet. But at the end of the day he made the decision to do something stupid, and a lot of members were sad to hear that news as a result of another lie from him. Anyway, I'm done talking about him, he's gone and its time for him to be forgotten.

Well If we can get more VXace scripts and resources, we can bring in more traffic since thats what everyone wants now a day. Crap from a upgraded RMVX engine. Just need members to contribute more, than saying crap like what shinx said.

True, was just going by my emails with him that he was a liar, but ya I think it's a good I deal to end that conversation.

I used to contribute a ton of stuff and be here at least once if not twice a more a day. 

What is May 7th? Besides my little sisters birthday?

I've always noticed that Jan-Feb is our low points of the year. I think with a bit more work (admittedly from myself as well), we can make this site work again. Just have a little faith :) If not anything else, we still have a lot of close members whom would help you :D 

I think we could do it. But help me? Can someone else do it for a change? lol. All I've been doing for 2 years is coding, and getting lost in my code, and refining it and making existing things a lot better. The end result of all that is neglecting all other adminy duties and not a lot of impressive functionality to show for it.

I'm just a guy these days you know. I can make websites, but it doesn't matter how impressive or fancy the functionality is, there needs to be contributors. I had the submit a script system for ages for that old script archive, and nothing. It's not gona work you know. I'll make things, but that's all I can do. If I know there's people who need and would use it, to get their work recognized for example, then I'd make it.

It is what it is, all of us oldies have helplessly witnessed the depreciation of the RPG Maker community. I really don't want this place to turn into something like what Creation Asylum is these days. It's still nice and friendly etc, but it's a graveyard for spammers essentially.

Just an idea - maybe it would be better if the main theme of this forum would be gaming, instead of RPM. It could affect a lot more traffic.

I know this whole forum is actually about RPM, and all people, old and newer came here for that. But face it, RPM is dying, and almost dead. VX Ace barely helped enterbrain. If you're looking for traffic, more people, you won't be able to attract them with RPM.

Just an idea - maybe it would be better if the main theme of this forum would be gaming, instead of RPM. It could affect a lot more traffic.

I know this whole forum is actually about RPM, and all people, old and newer came here for that. But face it, RPM is dying, and almost dead. VX Ace barely helped enterbrain. If you're looking for traffic, more people, you won't be able to attract them with RPM.

I believe that was the main focus of GDU, but you'll have to talk to Marked about that for info. He's the mastermind behind all this.

I think, as it is, we have a functioning site. So now our focus should be maintaining it as it is. We can do any changes at a later date :) I will help out as I can, Mark.  :grin:

I believe that was the main focus of GDU, but you'll have to talk to Marked about that for info. He's the mastermind behind all this.

Oh, I had no idea. But RM still seems the biggest part of these forums.

Now the site looks amazing! (I want it to stay these colors! and bars.

With all the cool new stuff Marked has for us it's just a matter of time before we get more people to return or sign up. Look already in the last week we've had a few people come back.

Patience is a virtue and greatness can't be rushed lol

In the mean time lets all help out if we can by making great games and cool scripts :grin:

I am learning to script right now so soon I will be making my own scripts too.