New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jiyujin

Set move route issue

Question

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search, didn't see it.

Anyways, when I try to use set move route the event just uses the first command and doesn't stop.

So for example, if I say move up, it moves up and doesn't stop until it runs into something.

I've tried putting wait until move completion at the end. Or a self switch. Nothing seems to work. I've tried it as parallel process and auto. I really can't think of anything else. Can anyone help?

6 answers to this question

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I did a search, didn't see it.

Anyways, when I try to use set move route the event just uses the first command and doesn't stop.

So for example, if I say move up, it moves up and doesn't stop until it runs into something.

I've tried putting wait until move completion at the end. Or a self switch. Nothing seems to work. I've tried it as parallel process and auto. I really can't think of anything else. Can anyone help?

YOU MEAN, only one event bugs the entire character to move upwards?

SEEN SOLUTION:

UNTICK the "Repeat Action" box.

OPTIONAL SOLUTIONS:

Use a Switch , not a Self-Switch.

ADVISES:

Be Careful on using the "Parallel Process" trigger.

Parallel Process enables an event to repeat tasks every 1 frame when in is switched on or activated alone.

"About the Continuously moving upwards" 

CHECK WHETHER THE "Repeat Action" box is ticked.

Because you Set an event action to Move Up, it will move a step upwards depending on the "Move Up" action. But since your event is on Parallel Process trigger, it will repeat the task every 1 frame, so the tendency will result on the event to Move Up again - and - again continuously.

Try Setting the trigger to "Action Button" then assign a switch to activate it, and see the Result.

WAS IT HELPFUL?

Edited by QuesTMajoR

Ok, so when I set the event to the action button, rather than autorun and it worked. But how do I get the event to do it automatically?

in an auto-run event you need to create a new event page with the condition of a self switch(lets say self switch A) then at the end of your first page turn self switch A on, that will make the second event page be the active one and not the first

Ok, so when I set the event to the action button, rather than autorun and it worked. But how do I get the event to do it automatically?

Set the Trigger to: AutoRun

However, you need to create a new event page from that event and set it to Self-Switch = A

Now, you need to create another task which is called : Control Self Switch and set it to A

Now see what happens if you tried to test it.

rblo.jpg