New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Designing Awards  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I design Awards for the site?

• Yes, do it.
    • No, thats a stupid ideal
    • duh....

Okay, I  have a question. Every month we have "Member of the month" contest and then the "Member of the year" contest at the end of the year. We then vote for the nominees and then the winner. However, after all this is over nothing else happens. I was wonder, how would ya feel if I created the awards for the winners? I'll set up a poll this time and it will end next week when my spring-break begins. 

What I wanted to happen is when someone wins the contest, the award would appear under the person user name. Then it would stay there for the duration of time between when that person won the contest until when the next winner wins the contest. The same would go for winning the member of the year. This possibly means that a member could have 2 awards under there user name. One for Member of the Month and the other for Member of the Year Possible more for any other contest that are held, Such as: Best Advisor, Best Artist, Best Eventor, Best Graphic Artist, Best Mapper, Best Musician, Best Scripter, Best writer.

So, if you like where this is going cast your vote and I'll see where this goes on Sunday. Also please state your reasons, especially if you clicked No.

Wow so the week is almost over and I'll have 2 post. Weeks almost over with just a messily six votes when I swear on Tuesday their was like 10 people logged in. Well what ever the case, I'll make my choice on Saturday. 

I think it's a good idea, even if it's only to recognize those who've won motm. If we have other contests it would be cool to give them an award every one could see

@dolarmak: Ya I was also planning creating other awards as well.

Best Advisor, Best Artist, Best Eventor, Best Graphic Artist, Best Mapper, Best Musician, Best Scripter, Best writer.

This is a good idea. I would be neat to have them for each month so you dont have to take awards away.

EX: Best scripter March 2013 or Scripter of the Month March 2013.

We could tie it into MOTM and call it Members of the Month?

Why not? I think it would be a great idea :) Would help to make things a bit more unique here.

Why not? I think it would be a great idea :) Would help to make things a bit more unique here.

... We're quite unique. It may be hard to see. I only wrote custom IPB member/template integration, scripts section, tutorials section, the chat room, the quick upload and my manager section and the member map.

Just sayin' :P

Alright I guess I'll get started on Monday, I'll be closing this and then I'll open anew thread when I've created the awards.