New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bob423

Really weird Blizz-ABS problem

Question

So i recently started working on a system for teleporting the player to a location of their choice via a menu, with a window for area descriptions.

While trying to figure out what default script i would use as a template, i may have accidentally edited one of them.

later that same day (i made the script at school, but never tested it, because it wasn't ready to be tested.) I tested my game, and got a weird error every time i pressed either continue or new game on the title screen.

the first error, for new game, was this

"Script "Blizz-abs part 3" line 183: No method error

undefined method "pixel_rate" for #<Game_System:0x69c8f88>"

the second error, for continue, was this
"Script "Blizz-abs part 3"
line 6676: no method error
undefined method "util" for nil:NilClass"

here are my scripts. it should be easy to tell which ones are edited. if i had the time, patience, and scripting knowledge, i would do it myself, or, go through the scripts and add "puts" lines everywhere for my debug console script to make things like this easier to debug.

the teleport script i made shouldn't be in there. the same thing happens without it.

Edited by Bob423

2 answers to this question

I still have that script file you sent me about the ice system the other day, if you haven't changed much or don't have that file available I can upload it for you, would just be easier rather than trying to find an unknown error

edit:

think I found your error, your blizz abs part2 is the same as part1, i am guessing you might have edited the config and pasted it in the wrong one?

Edited by diagostimo