New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Cjboy

Looking for a simple Battle Sys

Question

Hey guys,

Yeah it's been a while, but I'm working on a different project. It requires a Simple SBS system.

Similar to FF in how the characters move and attack:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diIxpG25UJc

Some versions out there I looked at aren't exactly what I'm looking for, but may be easily modifiable (I'm not that great of a programmer)

Like this: http://save-point.org/thread-2288.html

Probably somewhat simple to modify.

5 answers to this question

Well to be perfectly honest you might not find exactly what you're looking for unless you build it yourself. That's not to say you won't be able to find something similar and that you might be able to "fake" or modify what you want it to be. Most of the time it's just fixing graphics to get the look you want.

There are tons of Side Battle Systems available, so since I'm not sure what you've checked out i'll list a few I know that are simular to FF.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers

Atoa Custom Battle System 3

Both have tons of custom scripts that might be helpful and can be customized to be exactly like the FF battle system. I know that for a fact cause I've used both of them. I'm currently using Atoas script for my Breath of Fire game.

Well to be perfectly honest you might not find exactly what you're looking for unless you build it yourself. That's not to say you won't be able to find something similar and that you might be able to "fake" or modify what you want it to be. Most of the time it's just fixing graphics to get the look you want.

There are tons of Side Battle Systems available, so since I'm not sure what you've checked out i'll list a few I know that are simular to FF.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers

Atoa Custom Battle System 3

Both have tons of custom scripts that might be helpful and can be customized to be exactly like the FF battle system. I know that for a fact cause I've used both of them. I'm currently using Atoas script for my Breath of Fire game.

I understood that when I was looking, I showed that link because it wasn't exactly what I had wanted. It wasn't simple and there was no clear instruction in the thread

well give Minkoff or Atoa's a try, they do have better sets of instructions and have plenty of things you can do with them.

Hard to import, not sure if I'm doing it right or the right way to do it.

I've used Paradog's SBS in the past but that didn't operate on a seperate battler. Just not getting the configurations right I guess.

If you'd like I can give you tips for Atoa's Battle system to get the look you want. 99% is just making new graphics.

You only need to change one line to get a FF feel in the battle system

Step 1

ACBS | Config1 Basic

Line 79, Move_to_Attack = false

This will make it so they don't move next to the enemy when they attack

Step 2

Now it's just to make battle sprites for your characters.

Open one of the main sprites from Graphics/Battlers and see how they did it. basic ones are made with 4X11, but you'll notice special ones. I would keep to 4X11 that way you don't need to edit each characters battle pose frame rates in the config, but if you want more frames per pose, at the end of 'Config2 Advanced' it has instructions on how to edit them.

near the bottom of Config1 Basic they have a list of the poses, they change slightly from the version you get but basically they are:

Idle_Pose    = 1  # Wait pose (Recomended never change, because it can cause funtion losses)
  Hurt_Pose    = 2  # Pose when Taking Damage(Recomended never change, because it can cause funtion losses)
  Danger_Pose  = 3  # Idle pose when HP is low
  Defense_Pose = 4  # Idle pose when guarding
  Advance_Pose = 5  # Moving foward
  Return_Pose  = 6  # Return move pose
  Attack_Pose  = 7  # Pose when attacking
  Skill_Pose   = 7  # Pose when using Physical Skills
  Magic_Pose   = 8  # Pose when using Magical Skills
  Item_Pose    = 8  # Pose when using Items
  Dead_Pose    = 11 # Dead Idle pose

If you want to change the pose they use just change the number and it'll use that row in the characters battler sheet.

The rest is just tweaking the graphics, set a new battle background, make and edit enemy sprites...tedious but thems the breaks.