New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

[WIP]RMU Side Menu

This is a work in progress feature. It's a side menu designed for users who have a reasonably large screen resolution (optimal for resolutions above 1230 and above, which is the majority of users).

It will supports a compact user menu, change avatar feature, and most noteably the inline notifications that we used to have. I have stopped and merely displaying the most recent notifications. I could do something like marking the newest notifications, mark as read on mouse-over, or something like that.

750239b1b5f723cf8aca6b88c8f8b9e9.png

To try the side menu, click the cog (now in its new location in the top menu to the right) and select the side menu from the options.

Suggestions, thoughts, bugs?

I rushed this coz I got stuff to do. There's a javascript conflict with the tooltip but hopefully it won't be obvious.

Another idea I like! I have a high res- screen.

tried it got --ERROR! 

and thats all it did.

Edited by ShinGamix

It works fine for me. It looks awesome, but it seems to lag the site significantly. When i disable it the site runs much more smoothly.

I like it, this looks impressive piece of work you have going on there.

It works fine for me. It looks awesome, but it seems to lag the site significantly. When i disable it the site runs much more smoothly.

Hmm... Ok, I will remake the system so it's built into the markup. Right now I'm using javascript to attach it and center the site to the screen. That's why you get it on the side first of all... I think that ought to fix the lag.

Impressive.
I like it, this looks impressive piece of work you have going on there.

What do you guys mean by impressive? If its a reference to my coding ability, the tutorials system is the most advanced :P

The notifications are useful, right? I need to write a version for the top menu. I had to post this last night coz I'm real busy this week :/

Impressive as in innovative. It has some bugs and lag to work out. Aside from that, not a bad idea.

It still said error today but then it finally worked a min later.