New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
dolarmak

Vote: One Week Contest!

One Week Contest  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which game did you like best

• Capture the Flag by Dolarmak
    • The Elusive Prey by Saltome
    • When Slimes Attack by BrokenMessiah

One Week Contest!

The One Week Contest was suggest by Broken Messiah to make a short game in one week based on the scenarios on The Big List of Plots. Participants had from June 16-23 to make a new game with a unique plot.

Now it's time for people to play and vote for the game they like the most.

Here are the entries:

Capture the Flag by Dolarmak

The Elusive Prey by Saltome

When Slimes Attack by Broken Messiah

Thanks for Voting and Enjoy the games.

What, I have a vote? That's unbelievable.

And here I thought that all hope was already lost.

Guys I was just thinking, each of us has demonstrated a specific skill in their demo, this looks like a great opportunity to me. After the contest is over we should get together and make a complete, polished game, with the contest winner as team leader, it will have the best of each of us. Something short and simple to work on in our free time, I even know some people who would be interested in publishing and promoting it.

To be honest Saltome, with how much I got done on my entry for this contest I'm actually thinking about making this a full project. I'll edit the story and give it more thought, but with the majority of the leg work done I'm pretty happy with my progress. I might make a few ascetic changes to the menu, but over all I'm happy with it. I also need to look more carefully into balancing the weapons and enemy drops, but those things are easy to fix.

Well that's a bit of a disappointment, maybe after that. If you need help tell me.

Saltome dont faint but I voted for yours.....

I don't think something so short deserved a vote, but thanks anyway.

It' really hard to go past Dolar's entry as the winner. I thought Broken's was great though. The map looked great and the cutscene and battles were smooth and it didn't get boring. Great job on it. It was easily aesthetically the best. Facesets are a must these days, I can't stand a plain textbox with the name at the start. But in the context of this contest it has to be Dolar because the other two are really just cutscenes, Dolar's entry is so much more complex and has actual game play, it looks like a massive effort for a 1 week contest. It's a win by default for me. Salty's entry was interesting, it looked like someone quite inexperienced in RMXP (no offense).

The vote is pretty useless. It probably should have been judged rather than by votes. These members are far too lazy, its slightly pathetic. I declare myself the judge and this is my verdict: 1. Dolar, 2. Broken, 3. Salty.

Thanks Marked for noticing the effort i put into it. I worked really hard. Since I plan to continue the game into a proper one, i guess i'll make face sets for all the characters and enemies too.

Man, we should really post Email notifications.
I got a notification from another site I forgot has my email, didn't read the name and assumed it was this site.
I got all pumped up about doing one of these. Then I found out I missed one. =( Fack.

Yeah, yeah! But you know what I mean. I didn't know about that function and sometimes people don't know they need something until you tell them they do!

Anyways, I played all three games and my thoughts:

Saltome - Straight to the concept, didn't experiment very much or build further off that concept with his one style. Very cookie cutter feeling.
Broken Messiah - Got creative, followed the concept, lacked content.
Dolarmak - Lots of content, needs more support elements to support gameplay, story needed a more logical flow, enjoyed the custom graphics (MGS who-hoo!), needs more polish.

Overall my vote would go to Broken Messiah, although I did enjoy Dolarmak's project and it's ambition, I couldn't get past the tedium, illogical story flow, and lack of overall polish is what killed it for me. Broken Messiah may have not had as much content, it just felt a little more solid.

But kudos to all three of you for entering a contest and seeing it through. Hopefully next time around I can compete against you guiz! :thumbsup:

well it was made in one week and had considerable content for that. I've decided to continue making the game, edit the story and game play.

Overall my vote would go to Broken Messiah, although I did enjoy Dolarmak's project and it's ambition, I couldn't get past the tedium, illogical story flow, and lack of overall polish is what killed it for me. Broken Messiah may have not had as much content, it just felt a little more solid.

I shouldn't act on the urge to say this, but, it was a game contest and Broken's entry is pretty much a cutscene. It was definitely good, it just wasn't a game. I feel like we're comparing apples to oranges here, and it's a contest for the best orange.

well it was made in one week and had considerable content for that. I've decided to continue making the game, edit the story and game play.

Perfectly fair point, yours definately had the most content and was the best hands down.

I shouldn't act on the urge to say this, but, it was a game contest and Broken's entry is pretty much a cutscene. It was definitely good, it just wasn't a game. I feel like we're comparing apples to oranges here, and it's a contest for the best orange.

Your right and I think his was the best (Not trying to shut down the other two), I'm rating it more on what I expected vs. what was provided. My interpretation isn't "Right" or anything. Ultimately it doesn't matter, I'm just necroposting anyways. Ha, ha. :lmao: