New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

IndieGameShowCase

Hi everybody! I made a special Reddit group just for game developers! IndieGameShowCase is for game developers to showcase their games to the world! It is a great way of advertising for indie game developers like ourselves! 

Click here and showcase your game! 

http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGameShowCase/

It's hideous and there's nothing there?

Well yeah, it's reddit (thus it will be hideous) and he just started it (thus empty) lol

You might want to PM people who already have games finished or atleast have demos to post there if you want to start things off Franklin.

It's hideous and there's nothing there?

Thanks for the kind words.  :shock:

Well yeah, it's reddit (thus it will be hideous) and he just started it (thus empty) lol

You might want to PM people who already have games finished or atleast have demos to post there if you want to start things off Franklin.

Thanks for the advice. I don't know who to PM here about that. I will be posting this on other game development sites. 

Lol I needed to be a little bit harsh on you coz you're not really advertising anything. The design of the website is gona be a pretty significant factor. Look at the projects forum and see who's posted recently.

Lol I needed to be a little bit harsh on you coz you're not really advertising anything. The design of the website is gona be a pretty significant factor. Look at the projects forum and see who's posted recently.

Do you know what Reddit is? 

No. Seriously all I see is a blank page with a bad design.

How can you judge something without knowing what it is. You're bashing something that can become very positive for game developers on this site. 

Edited by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Lol, bashing. Honestly, Franklin. I am quite literally stating facts. It's your job to tell people what it is. If a web developer doesn't know what a website does, you think RM users are going to? This is an advertisement topic, not an invitation to research whatever this is.

Marked: Reddit is just a blogging style site with millions of people on it. my joke of it being a hipster version of myspace isn't far off. Its just another part of social media which people can use to get their stuff seen.

Franklin: Lots of people already use Reddit to showcase their stuff, this isn't going to be the great revolution you seem to think it is. The problem with Reddit is that it's main consumer base are people almost entirely self-absorbed or only interested in celebrity gossip. The site isn't meant to be used to showcase new material, and it's audience probably won't care as much as you think.

Personally the best form of advertisement is to get your game on every indy game forum you can find. These are the people who care about indy games and will play the games for enjoyment as well as offer constructive criticism

Marked: Reddit is just a blogging style site with millions of people on it. my joke of it being a hipster version of myspace isn't far off. Its just another part of social media which people can use to get their stuff seen.

Franklin: Lots of people already use Reddit to showcase their stuff, this isn't going to be the great revolution you seem to think it is. The problem with Reddit is that it's main consumer base are people almost entirely self-absorbed or only interested in celebrity gossip. The site isn't meant to be used to showcase new material, and it's audience probably won't care as much as you think.

Personally the best form of advertisement is to get your game on every indy game forum you can find. These are the people who care about indy games and will play the games for enjoyment as well as offer constructive criticism

This sub group is for Indie games. Not every sub group craters to celebrity gossip. I have seen many successful sub groups that have nothing to do with celebrity gossip. 

Furthermore, Reddit isn't a site for celebrity gossip. It is a site for people to share information and news to one another in topics they are interested in. 

Lol, bashing. Honestly, Franklin. I am quite literally stating facts. It's your job to tell people what it is. If a web developer doesn't know what a website does, you think RM users are going to? This is an advertisement topic, not an invitation to research whatever this is.

I don't own the site! How many times must this be said. You are judging something without knowing it what it is. I clearly said in the first post that it is a sub group on a website. It is a social networking site. 

This has nothing to do with research! What the heck are you reading? READ the first post. This is for developers to spread the word about their projects.

Since you're jerk about this you can close this topic. Hell, I am done with this forum. 

I know you don't own it. What I am saying is that people who don't use reddit have no idea what it does. I still have no idea what I can do with it. When I say it's ugly, that's just a fact. I was aware you cannot help it, that doesn't change the fact its really ugly.

Since you're jerk about this you can close this topic. Hell, I am done with this forum.

Am I? I thought I was just informing you that you're not making it clear what you can do with it. And that it's ugly. If you're going to advertise something you should probably let people know what it does, coz not everyone uses reddit. Personally I'm not into celebrity gossip. The only reason you're even at this forum is because none of the others accepted you, so we'll see you back once leaving doesn't pan out.

Given past events, I've had to lock your account so you won't delete anything. Feel free to PM me and I'll unlock when you're ready.