New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

YYH vs DBZ  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Yu Yu Hakusho vs Dragon Ball Z

• Yu Yu Hakusho
    • Dragon Ball Z

Which do you like the most?

I think that Yu Yu Hakusho absolutely destroys DBZ in every category. Better characters, better humor, amazing ost, better story, its not predictable etc.

Lol. Pretty funny that you have that opinion and made this topic. I guess you must think a lot of people like DBZ. Which is true. DBZ was childhood, thus it destroys yu gi ohakusho any day son.

I never watched Yu Yu Hakusho, so my vote is for DBZ a child hood favorite.

DBZ was childhood, thus it destroys yu gi ohakusho any day son.

While I agreee that DBZ beats Yu Gi Oh, I don't believe that Yu Yu Hakusho and Yu Gi Oh are the same thing.

I watched them both at around the same age. In retrospect I was too young to be watching YYH lol, since I stayed up to 2am with my older brother to catch it. I think though, that if you were to watch them both today, Yu Yu Hakusho would beat DragonBallZ just because of how much in depth it is and how much the characters evolve. Yusuke was relatable to alot of teens, he was a trouble maker but had a good heart and throughout the show you see him mature. The story wasn't overly predicable as DBZ is. It makes sense DBZ would be, to keep things simple for the intended audience, but each sage consisted of the same plot devices. In YYH, that only occurs once and when it does, the bad guy has a understandable motive for seeking destruction. In DBZ, they were bad out of conviencency.

I watched them both at around the same age. In retrospect I was too young to be watching YYH lol, since I stayed up to 2am with my older brother to catch it. I think though, that if you were to watch them both today, Yu Yu Hakusho would beat DragonBallZ just because of how much in depth it is and how much the characters evolve. Yusuke was relatable to alot of teens, he was a trouble maker but had a good heart and throughout the show you see him mature. The story wasn't overly predicable as DBZ is. It makes sense DBZ would be, to keep things simple for the intended audience, but each sage consisted of the same plot devices. In YYH, that only occurs once and when it does, the bad guy has a understandable motive for seeking destruction. In DBZ, they were bad out of conviencency.

here is the thing, DBZ is in a different genre of anime than YYH. Their demographic is different and altho DBZ does take from a lot of tropes(many which it created) the enemies threatening to destroy everything is a classic and often used Anime trope. This is like trying to compare One Piece to Monster, or Naruto to American Naruto lol they aren't the same and can't really be compared by the same standards.

Naruto to American Naruto? I'mma be that 'murican' and ask the difference. I hear the sub is better, but I hate subs. I also hear its more gorey, which is understandable.

Naruto to American Naruto? I'mma be that 'murican' and ask the difference. I hear the sub is better, but I hate subs. I also hear its more gorey, which is understandable.

It was kinda a joke (Naruto isn't as bad as others), but american TV does changes a lot of content in anime that's ported. Funny enough I believe that YuGiOh is actually one of the most changed shows from japan to america. It was a gritty show where people died from the insane puzzles and demented guys he faught...to a card show...how that happened I donno.

Personally I've never watched a dub that I liked, mostly because the voice acting sucks. At least in Japanese tho I can't understand what they are saying, i feel like they get the emotions right in their ton of voice. That's my personal preference.

But there are many animes where the dub has slaughtered the original content. Case in point YuGiOh. I only watched the first few episodes of the original and didn't actually watch the dub, but 30 friends who loved the original couldn't get past the first few episodes of the dub because of the content change. It essentially went from pg16 to pg8....from teen to kid....that's sad.

Tbh I only liked DBZ's better. Although it may have an affect depending on whichever you listened to first. I know some people like the dub and it's bloody terrible, IE deathnote. That said I don't watch anime now.