New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

A 16 year old American boy ordered to die by Obama

I thought this article was interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/18/opinion/the-drone-that-killed-my-grandson.html?ref=opinion&_r=1&

It's stupid though how the whole point of the article was that was boy was American, and how bad that it is. It is worse that they killed one of their own, from their own point of view, but to me, the dirty yank government killing any civilian of any nation is pretty bad. Obviously doing it by a drone strike is blatant terrorism. The article would obviously get far less attention if he wasn't.

Here's an interesting discussion point; does the US deserve more or less terrorist attacks, given all their own active terrorist regime (as exampled above)?

"does the US deserve more or less terrorist attacks"

Are you kidding me? Nobody deserves any terrorist attacks, because it hurts more innocent than any government employees. Although the US is a mess, and extremely hypocritical, no innocent people deserve to die for the actions of their government.

because it hurts more innocent than any government employees

But the government represents the people, and anyway, killing civilians is how you would go about seeking revenge on a government.

Nobody deserves any terrorist attacks

Of course that is correct. That was poor phrasing on my part lol I guess I was asking do you think US citizens deserve to die for the actions of the US government. So let me rephrase...

Is it fair if the US gets more terrorist takes in retaliation to their drone strikes killing civilians (aka their terrorist attacks)?

In regard to the rephrase, yes. the US is extremely hypocritical. I do not understand terrorism, though, because most people don't even agree with anything the US federal government does, so they're harming people that either do not understand, or do not agree.

As far as the government representing the people, that's not how it is in the US. THey make us feel like theylll do what we want them to do, but upon ellection, it's nothing but mass corruption. I did not choose to live in this backwards country. If I could, I'd move to... Canada, or New Zealand... need a room-mate? lol

Edited by Chief

Believe it or not, only like, 11/50 US states really elect the President of the US. Don't for a minute think that he represents the entirety of the US people.  The electoral college and lobbyists have screwed this country and proven all you need is money to get what you want. Honestly, over 70% of US disapprove of the government right now.  Truth be told, I could foresee a civil uprising in the next 20 years.

Believe it or not, only like, 11/50 US states really elect the President of the US. Don't for a minute think that he represents the entirety of the US people.  The electoral college and lobbyists have screwed this country and proven all you need is money to get what you want. Honestly, over 70% of US disapprove of the government right now.  Truth be told, I could foresee a civil uprising in the next 20 years.

More or less. Sadly I don't foresee a civil uprising. Though one will be needed. Preferably non-violent.

I thought this article was interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/18/opinion/the-drone-that-killed-my-grandson.html?ref=opinion&_r=1&

It's stupid though how the whole point of the article was that was boy was American, and how bad that it is. It is worse that they killed one of their own, from their own point of view, but to me, the dirty yank government killing any civilian of any nation is pretty bad. Obviously doing it by a drone strike is blatant terrorism. The article would obviously get far less attention if he wasn't.

While I agree that the US government should not be killing civilians, it is worse, in a way, because our Constitution specifically states that citizens have the right to a trial by due process of law. This boy was denied that right and murdered.

I also agree that the US government, my government, is full of hypocrites and warmongers.

As much as people like to blame corruption and lobbyists, which are a problem, the citizens of this country just don't care. Most US citizens care about reality TV more than they care about government corruption and murder.

We don't deserve any terrorist attacks, no one does, but the government does not represent all the Americans. A majority of Americans (who aren't extreme left wing nutters) hate what Obama is doing with the drones. Obama and his administration is abusing their power and the longer we sit aside and allow our "president" to kill innocent people, even our fellow Americans, the worse things will get. We have waited so long to confront him about this that now he doesn't even acknowledge the people he kills as innocent and when he does, it is just "collatiral damage".

This boy's death, and Obama's scandals (which he denies are scandals or that they are "phony") is just the perfect example of how far this nation has fallen and how far we will continue to fall until someone actually attempts to make good change.

It disgusts me to think of the American government being responsible for the death of children and other innocent lives to stop one terrorist that is just replaced by another that grooms another hundred terrorists.

While I agree that the US government should not be killing civilians, it is worse, in a way, because our Constitution specifically states that citizens have the right to a trial by due process of law. This boy was denied that right and murdered.

I also agree that the US government, my government, is full of hypocrites and warmongers.

As much as people like to blame corruption and lobbyists, which are a problem, the citizens of this country just don't care. Most US citizens care about reality TV more than they care about government corruption and murder.

True

We don't deserve any terrorist attacks, no one does, but the government does not represent all the Americans. A majority of Americans (who aren't extreme left wing nutters) hate what Obama is doing with the drones. Obama and his administration is abusing their power and the longer we sit aside and allow our "president" to kill innocent people, even our fellow Americans, the worse things will get. We have waited so long to confront him about this that now he doesn't even acknowledge the people he kills as innocent and when he does, it is just "collatiral damage".

This boy's death, and Obama's scandals (which he denies are scandals or that they are "phony") is just the perfect example of how far this nation has fallen and how far we will continue to fall until someone actually attempts to make good change.

It disgusts me to think of the American government being responsible for the death of children and other innocent lives to stop one terrorist that is just replaced by another that grooms another hundred terrorists.

Dude stop drinking the kool-aid, you make it sound like Obama is the only president that has done something to make America look bad. Drone attacks were started by Bush in 2004 due to propaganda on WMA's. The only thing Obama did worst was increase the amounts of Drones that are being used in Pakistan.

• Total strikes: 370
  • Total reported killed: 2,548 - 3,549
  • Civilians reported killed: 411 - 890
  • Children reported killed: 168 - 197
  • Total reported injured: 1,177 - 1,480
  • Strikes under the Bush Administration: 52
  • Strikes under the Obama Administration: 318

Also yes I agree, these statistics do make Obama look bad in his position.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_attacks_in_Pakistan

Drones are useful, but whats going with them isn't a good use for what they are meant to be used for.

True

Dude stop drinking the kool-aid, you make it sound like Obama is the only president that has done something to make America look bad. Drone attacks were started by Bush in 2004 due to propaganda on WMA's. The only thing Obama did worst was increase the amounts of Drones that are being used in Pakistan.

She's not making it sound like Obama is the only one to make the US look bad, she's saying something needs to happen with the people currently in power. Everyone blames Obama and that's what he's there for. He signs them because he is a puppet, that's pretty much what a US president does these days. The only difference between bush and obama is that the latter speaks as well as Hitler did. It's also not about making "America look bad", that boat has sailed. I think you meant to say not the only president to do bad shit / terrorize. Which is obviously true.

Drones are useful, but whats going with them isn't a good use for what they are meant to be used for.

They are useful for anyone involved in a war, or want people dead, or any other terrorist-like agenda (eg arming the Syrian rebels, (the US even arms its own enemies)). It's still terrorism, anyone who uses them. It's just a matter of time before the enemies of the US get drones of their own. Does that worry anyone?

She's not making it sound like Obama is the only one to make the US look bad, she's saying something needs to happen with the people currently in power. Everyone blames Obama and that's what he's there for. He signs them because he is a puppet, that's pretty much what a US president does these days. The only difference between bush and obama is that the latter speaks as well as Hitler did. It's also not about making "America look bad", that boat has sailed. I think you meant to say not the only president to do bad shit / terrorize. Which is obviously true.

Why didn't the site say you posted, that's kind of weird. I didn't even notice until I checked my email. lol.

OT: true I did miss some words when I was writing. Thats what I get for writing too fast and not paying attention. It's also true that the president does get the finally say on what happens. Not to say other organizations, such as the CIA, had nothing to do with it. But the higher ups would just put it on the puppet president to move suspicion away from them.

They are useful for anyone involved in a war, or want people dead, or any other terrorist-like agenda (eg arming the Syrian rebels, (the US even arms its own enemies)). It's still terrorism, anyone who uses them. It's just a matter of time before the enemies of the US get drones of their own. Does that worry anyone?

Ya I know. Everything owned by Korea, the middle east, and a couple of other countries have U.S. technology; either we sold or gave it to them. This was known way back when Nixon was President, so that the Middle East could protect itself, or so we are told. However the main point of the drone was surveillance, but were instead used on attacking targets. Also of course drones in the wrong hands is a bad ideal. Any weapon in the hands of criminals is a bad ideal. Edward Snowden can tell you that. But it's to late for that the U.S. government already fucked that up and are doing an even shitter job cleaning up. However, I believe we all know why the U.S. is truly their and they've been doing since the 70's.

Quiz: Who received the Nobel Peace Prize and then killed 200 children with drones?

BTrW5GiCUAAOGBl.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/376849795446358016/photo/1

BToKfv3CEAAIRKg.jpg

But you know, it's reassuring to see citizens voices in the US being heard in terms of Syria. Social media is partly helping to offset the media's misguidance, worse in some places than others.

A chemical attack appears to have taken place, although the whole time we've been fed "unverified" footage. The US arms the "rebels", perhaps they are also responsible for the chemical attacks (if they even happened). The US's answer is to slaughter more people (lets not sugar coat it, terrorist attacks) who have not been found guilty, and no proper investigation has taken place. Russia is standing justice against a tyrant who thinks they are above the law, and with the clear objective of destabilizing the government to obtain the country's natural resources.

It justifies the existence of terrorists. The US fights against terrorists but perhaps terrorists exist to stand up against the biggest terrorist of all.. the US. It's fighting fire with fire.

It's true. The US government are the greatest terrorists in World History, really. I can honestly see things from that perspective. We say don't use chemical weapons, or we'll nuke you, just like we did to Japan. Simply put, we're that crazy kid that brought a machine gun to class to end the bullying. We literally went to New Zealand to arrest Kim Dotcom for breaking US law. How fucked up is that!? We went to Europe and arrested some kid for pirating music. The US is NOT the flipping world police! Sure it sucks to live in Syria, but has anyone sent troops to Detroit or Chicago? Nope. They're still like forth world countries with severely understaffed police. While we keep invading other countries for oil and profit under the guise of giving a shit.

Oh, and it's really not even Obama's fault. Do you know how many penises that man had to suck in order to get elected? He's just a puppet for the 1% that rule America's wealth.

Edited by Jesse66126

It's true. The US government are the greatest terrorists in World History, really. I can honestly see things from that perspective. We say don't use chemical weapons, or we'll nuke you, just like we did to Japan. Simply put, we're that crazy kid that brought a machine gun to class to end the bullying. We literally went to New Zealand to arrest Kim Dotcom for breaking US law. How fucked up is that!? We went to Europe and arrested some kid for pirating music. The US is NOT the flipping world police! Sure it sucks to live in Syria, but has anyone sent troops to Detroit or Chicago? Nope. They're still like forth world countries with severely understaffed police. While we keep invading other countries for oil and profit under the guise of giving a shit.

Oh, and it's really not even Obama's fault. Do you know how many penises that man had to suck in order to get elected? He's just a puppet for the 1% that rule America's wealth.

Thats why I said stop blaming obama for everything. The U.S. is very funny place. A giant bully that terrorizes other countries while beating itself up. This has been going on since the Cold War. Presidents Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr and Jr. You barely here about any of there fucks and they did some really stupid shit, but some how Reagan is some big ass hero, just ask Chuck Norris. But soon Obama does something all the republicans start bitching. The bitching doesn't help the country at all, but just make it worse. They have no plan to counter anything Obama does, they just don't want it to happen. I really do believe it has less to do with him being a democrats and more to do with him being black. 

Chicago and Detroit goes bankrupt, republicans are to fucking worried about obamacare and how it's going to affect their buddies. 

I really do believe it has less to do with him being a democrats and more to do with him being black. 

Lol really? Do you think it makes a difference? I feel like talking about the past presidents is crying over spilt milk, although it is important not to place all the blame on this president; He's just a puppet like the others. He is there to take the blame. It's more fruitful to talk about the US government than the US president.