New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Vis_Mage

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone! I'm new around here, but I've been using R2K3 for game making for about 9 months, as well as recently getting RPG VX Ace just this week. I am looking forward to being a part of a community that shares my passion for game making! 

Welcome to RMU, Vis!

I'm just curious...why did you use RM2K3 and then VXACE?

By the way, I personally prefer RMXP.

Welcome to RMU, Vis!

I'm just curious...why did you use RM2K3 and then VXACE?

By the way, I personally prefer RMXP.

Thanks for welcoming, and as far as your question, I started with R2K3 because I received a copy of it a while back (Legal mind you, I am bilingual), but as of late, I decided to buy a more recent version of RPG maker for the reason that from what I could tell, people really liked VX Ace, as well as it seemed that most people frowned apon using R2K3, which made it difficult for me to find places where people were willing to help me test out my game. It's too bad that the RPG makers can't open projects from previous makers, the process to converting the game from one maker to another will be a nightmare T-T .

Hmm, welcome. I've only tested this converting project from one patch of the maker XP to another, not between different programs altogether, but every project has a file that let's you open the project directly from the folder, if you replace that file with one from a different version it allows you to run the project in the new engine. I assume the file structure will be different in the different rpg makers, but with a little fiddling you might be able to transfer some of your data to a new project without redoing it. The same can be said about copying data from one project to another, you might be able to use the ctrl+C ctrl+V shortcuts to copy and paste data from one project to another. Once again I haven't actually tested these methods between different rpg makers so it might be completely useless.

Anyway, I don't know how much experience you have but I have a Training project, for people like you to show what they can.

You can find a link to the topic in my signature, I don't really have time right now, but feel free to check it out. We might figure something out.

Welcome to RMU Vis_Mage :) .  Id you need anything at all feel free to ask.

Yea its hard to convert your project over. Only way i know of is doing it manually. But its worth upgrading at some point.

It's different software and a different system. Conversion is out of the question D:

Yeah nah welcome! I'm Mark, the local dictator. If anyone gives you trouble just lemme know. We're currently the #1 RPG Maker website in specific undisclosed areas, so you're in good hands.

I look forward to seeing some of your stuff :) (which you should post immediately)

The fact that you're a normal member with the title "I administrate" can be confusing when you make declarations of being the local dictator. Especially to new members who don't know you just handed the site over to Pol.

First Crimson says the site was going to go down, and now say that I'm a normal member and handed the site to Pol :P All incorrect.

4c65d9b14e898e670d6eb1f87f5304c9.png

Pol is still my slave, but now has authority to take direction of the site. All I did was change my Admin usergroup appearance. I will still be here moderating, quietly, because I get bored sometimes and procrastinate whenever my at-home web dev job gives me work. Which reminds me, I have work to do. :dizzy: