New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Vis_Mage

Conversion Project Help Request

As of late, I released a playable demo of my game “The Era of Perfectionâ€. Up until now, this game has been in progress in RPG Maker 2003. However, as time came to pass, I have begun to see that RPG Maker 2003 is not capable of continuing my game as I hope to. Because of which, I hope to continue progress in RPG Maker VX Ace.

What I am asking is if anyone is willing to help me convert what I have of my game so far from RPG 2003 to RPG VX Ace, or at least the maps, that is. If anyone is willing to help with the events as well, that would be jolly good, but the maps are my main concern as of now. Even if you only feel like helping with a handful of maps, any help would be greatly appreciated! J

Also, don't feel that you have to perfectly fallow the maps to every detale. The two makers are very different as far as visuals go, so feel free to spruce it up, or add your own creative style to it as you feel fit. Alternatively, you could also just map the bare outline and basics of a map, and I could spruce it up myself if you don't feel like doing so.

Here is a link to a download to the current version of the game, with the bulk of the larger files (Music) taken out for convenience:  http://www.mediafire.com/?z2g65d7pcfffqt0

If you’re able to help me to any degree, I’ll be sure to have your username in the credits of the game.

~Thank You!~

EDIT: I forgot to add this, but if using RPG2003 to see the maps is an issue, I can also provide pictures of the maps themselves by uploading them to an image sharing site. If this is the case, just let me know! I also added a little paragraph up above.

Edited by Vis_Mage

A quick update, I  forgot to add this, but if using RPG2003 to see the maps is an issue, I can also provide pictures of the maps themselves by uploading them to an image sharing site. If this is the case, just let me know! 

Another thing I forgot to mention, to anyone that would decide to help, don't feel that you have to perfectly fallow the maps to every detale. The two makers are very different as far as visuals go, so feel free to spruce it up, or add your own creative style to it as you feel fit. Alternatively, you could also just map the bare outline and basics of a map, and I could spruce it up myself if you don't feel like doing so. I also added both of these to the OP.

I think this would be a good opportunity for you to update your graphics and work on your mapping skills. I know it'll take longer doing it solo, but I also believe you'll have more to show for it in the end.

Also things like visual clues that trees or bushes have berries and such would be a good upgrade to the system (like the tree shows berries and when you pick it they disappear).

Since I don't use Ace I can't really help, but you might be interested in paralax mapping like Kevin.ds does. He gave a link to a good tutorial link this might help with the limited Ace mapping abilities..

I think this would be a good opportunity for you to update your graphics and work on your mapping skills. I know it'll take longer doing it solo, but I also believe you'll have more to show for it in the end.

Also things like visual clues that trees or bushes have berries and such would be a good upgrade to the system (like the tree shows berries and when you pick it they disappear).

Since I don't use Ace I can't really help, but you might be interested in paralax mapping like Kevin.ds does. He gave a link to a good tutorial link this might help with the limited Ace mapping abilities..

Thanks for the input, I'll be sure to look into that bit about the trees.

More importantly, I did decide to take your advice and really start remaking the game myself. I kind of figured I would do so the whole time, but having a game that took 9 months to make, and then up and starting over again is a little discouraging, or so I thought. I am only to the third town in the game, and it both looks and plays a thousand time better than before! Needless to say, I am having quite a bit of fun with this now, so thank you!

no problem, good to see you're active about it. Good luck, maybe show some screens so we can see the differences and your progress?