New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

No MOTM This Month

I have decided not to do member of the month this month. Im instead planning to revamp member of the month so next month and on will be better. The plan is to get more people to be noticed instead of 1 person every month and give out points each month(cause more then 1 deserve it every month).

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve MOTM more feel free to post here(no i cant give money unless you guys want to donate every month).

I think that we should bring back the little module we used to have that displayed the current member of the month. I also want to write a section for members of the month + year so people can browse all the winners; adding prestige. Also I can have an awards system up asap showing the award in topic-view.

While voting is on, we could display some sort of banner with the nominees avatars lined up and parade it like some sort of competition; this member vs this member vs member. Etc.

Fine with me for now. An achievements/trophies page for users to see the types of awards people get as I've stated before , would be nice.

I always find it sad that during some points in the day we have probably up to 12 people log in. No posts, except maybe like 2 people. That's not good.

I need to change my username to "No" for a month now...LOL!

I always find it sad that during some points in the day we have probably up to 12 people log in. No posts, except maybe like 2 people. That's not good.

It's better than not having those people log on at all... We just need to slowly build on things and invoke community involvement. It's only sad if things get worse. I think we're in a good position to build.

Don't know what you had for the module before, but you could add a cool factoid type thing, something about the MOTM that we don't already know.

Don't know what you had for the module before, but you could add a cool factoid type thing, something about the MOTM that we don't already know.

It was just displaying the latest winner, eg;

3be091d5cf1c0264e1188735f5cb6350.png

But I like the idea of having info and the like in there. I won't be able to code an awards section until mid november, but we could link to that and have a bunch of stuff such as stats, and countdown until next nominations, and, as above, the MOTM status.

I made those small banners that winners could display, remember marked. if you still have them go ahead and use them if you want, or i could resend them.

That module would be nice to have. Awards under the members title or in their profile would be a cool thing to have.

What i had in mind for MOTM was to have more then just member of the month and make it more like members of the month where there will be sections people can be nominated under. So we can have thing like scripter of the month, graphics of the month, game of the month, etc....

I think that we should bring back the little module we used to have that displayed the current member of the month. I also want to write a section for members of the month + year so people can browse all the winners; adding prestige. Also I can have an awards system up asap showing the award in topic-view.

While voting is on, we could display some sort of banner with the nominees avatars lined up and parade it like some sort of competition; this member vs this member vs member. Etc.

THIS. We can make it all flashy and graphical and shit..

Be likess.

MOTMMock.png