New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
SpriteZilla

3 Default Battle System questions...

Question

1.) My  first question is about the defend (or guard ability). I'm using Rmxp. I want to know if I can add an animation to a guarding actor. If so, how? Sick of seeing that white blink effect!

2.) Is it possible for enemies to guard?

3.) and lastly, I have been scouring google for Cover ability scripts to no avail. Any Ideas guys? 

P.s The first two requests are more important to me than the third. Thanks for any response given. Good day guys!

9 answers to this question

To get an enemy to guard in both vx ace and xp, set it as one of the enemy's actions like you would a skill. click on the check box next to "Basic" and change the drop down menu to defend. You can even have them defend a ton if their HP gets low for a bit of AI.

edit: In ace, both attack and defend are skills in the database instead of normal actions

Edited by Bob423

1)it's as simple as adding this line

in Scene_Battle4 line 218 (right after # if guard)

@active_battler.animation_id = x 
replace x with the animation you want (its number in the database)

should work for enemies too,

2) yes they can. just add a new action for the enemy, and choose basic , then defend.

3)um, what's a Cover ability ?

By cover, do you mean have one character take damage in place of another character?

Yes I did. Like in one of the FF games. Maybe FF4?

1)it's as simple as adding this line

in Scene_Battle4 line 218 (right after # if guard)

@active_battler.animation_id = x 
replace x with the animation you want (its number in the database)

should work for enemies too,

2) yes they can. just add a new action for the enemy, and choose basic , then defend.

3)um, what's a Cover ability ?

1) Hey thanks! It worked. That is freaking awesome. 

2) I have added a defend. Haven't seen them perform one yet. I keep killing them too soon lol.

3) It was an ability in one of the FF games where the caster would "Cover" an ally with his body thus taking the damage himself. Pretty nifty skill. Thank you for your help.

To get an enemy to guard in both vx ace and xp, set it as one of the enemy's actions like you would a skill. click on the check box next to "Basic" and change the drop down menu to defend. You can even have them defend a ton if their HP gets low for a bit of AI.

edit: In ace, both attack and defend are skills in the database instead of normal actions

Thank you so much for your info. Now that you mention I do remember that in the Basic section. Man, I spaced that one lol. Thanks again.

You're using RMXP?

b5f8d601398ef3972c43b6cfa99f2260.png

Yes.

Please use the edit button next time, unless it has been three or more days, instead of double, triple, and quadruple posting. :ok: 

Edited by bigace
Quadruple posting

I wonder how many people actually know about the green up arrow button at the bottom right of every post.

If a person is helpful, click that to let them know. Otherwise Marked's point system won't be used fully :(

@spiritZilla: Dawg really quadruple post? :no: Edit your post next time please.