New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

Is Incest Wrong During a Zombie Apocalypse?

This is a hypothetical situation. It's the end of the world. Zombies are roaming the Earth. You and your sister are the only two living humans to your knowledge. Luckily you and your sister have found a safe place to stay for many years with little to no trouble from zombies. It's an underground bunker with years of food and supplies.

However, you have a problem. You need to repopulate the Earth. The only person who you can have child with is your sister. She is the only other person alive. What would you do? Would you have sex with her to repopulate the Earth or would you let the human race become extinct?

Only you, Franklin...

"Put two people in a room long enough and eventually they're going to have sex" - Quinn, from Dexter.

I don't really have a sister so it's much easier for me to say, well yes I would. In 100 years everyone is gona be related to me. It be like bitches I made you all, I am the king of the world... They would prob see me as a god.

If she looked like me, I'd probably go to town on her a lot sooner.

Only you, Franklin...

"Put two people in a room long enough and eventually they're going to have sex" - Quinn, from Dexter.

I don't really have a sister so it's much easier for me to say, well yes I would. In 100 years everyone is gona be related to me. It be like bitches I made you all, I am the king of the world... They would prob see me as a god.

If she looked like me, I'd probably go to town on her a lot sooner.

Wow! I'e made this topic on a few different forums. You're the first person who will do his "sister". Everyone else said no due to genetic issues with future generations. 

I could sense a zombie apocalypse thread. How strange. Anyway, yeah, genetics man. We learnt from Ancient Egypt that generations of inbreeding basically kills you anyway, so there's no real point. I wish I had more points to make, but genetics sums it all up rather well.

Even in fiction incest tends to cause problems. Take pure blood wizards in Harry Potter for example. Bellatrix and Sirius are both a little crazy for a reason.

I think that's because everyone knows it causes problems though. There's really no way around it, it's not a good idea, but if it's to save a dying race, chances are, there won't be many left, and there will be some incest at some point. The more distant the relative, the healthier the child tends to be.

Off topic Harry Potter nerd talk time:

They come from a line of very pure wizards. If you think about this, you can't help but noticed that there aren't many pure blood wizards. Even Harry isn't exactly 100% pure blood since his mother was muggle born. The most important pure blood wizards are the Blacks, Malfoys (who are actually related to the Blacks and Bellatrix is Draco's aunt and she used to be Bellatrix Black) Lestranges, and Gaunts. The Blacks are mostly dead, and are all dead by the end of the last book, and there are only three Malfoys that are talked about much. The Lestranges pretty much consist of Bellatrix and her husband, and Bellatrix dies in the last book, Voldemort is the last Gaunt, and his last name is Riddle. Tom Riddle Sr., this father, was a muggle, so not even Voldemort was pure blood, and his mother was a squib(a wizard who cant use magic, or sort of can, but not well enough to be an actual wizard) It's really a miracle Voldemort got so strong in the first place. Not to mention Voldy may be related to Harry in some way. The Potters, Weasleys, Gaunts, Malfoys, and Lestranges are all related to the Blacks in some way. Even Harry and Ginny are distantly related O.o

"The Nobel and Most Ancient House of Black" Is a pretty accurate title in all honesty...

One of the reasons the series is so great is that it can be enjoyed by all ages, and the kids who grew up with it aged with the series. They matured as the books got darker. And when you get older, you tend to analyze things more, and you find crap tons of deeper meanings behind this awesome story from your childhood. Even if Rowling didn't intend a lot of the things you might find and the fan base is a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists who probably know the story better than J.K. Rowling herself, you have to admit, Harry Potter can be applied to a lot of things and is a ridiculously good series. It's so good that I should probably change my avatar...

Edited by Bob423

I don't care about genetics. this is plain wrong

anyway, I don't see any zombies around, and even if there were there might be other solutions. like trying to heal the zombies, or use sperm donations. or call doctor Who.

Wow! I'e made this topic on a few different forums. You're the first person who will do his "sister". Everyone else said no due to genetic issues with future generations. 

Dude, this is why I'm the last to survive.

The genetic stuff is way over stated. Everyone who said this is a moral because a screwed up population is still greater than an extinct one, even if the inbred's are as messed up as people perceive they would be.

Family gatherings would be awkward. It's like dad.. I mean brother... I mean uncle.... Etc.

Nah.. Couldn't do it. Sorry human race.

I tried to rationalize the need in my head over and over again.
Gives me shivers.

I always wondered though: Would the chance of defect decrease as generations went on, or stay the same?

I always wondered though: Would the chance of defect decrease as generations went on, or stay the same?

That's a fundamental part of the theory of evolution. A defect decreases the chances of survival and therefore natural selection, over a period of time that most can't comprehend, will get rid of them. That's if they had a defect. The chance of a defect would also decrease because people would become more distantly related to each other. The problem with trying to understand it is that most people think of several generations but shit changes much slower than that.