New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Leon

Shadows of the Forgotten

Shadows of the Forgotten

Story

"Five years ago, in the midst of battle, General Tyeg was betrayed by his own soldiers under his command." This was a popular story told by Maraux to the kids of the small village of Warlyth, when the war was over. However, this story always enraged General Tyeg's daughter, Annabel. Armed with anger and thoughts of revenge, she decides she wants to set out for the man who killed her father, Nyral.

You play as Reiner, General Tyeg's son. One who would rather stay at home and put the past behind him. However, with Annabel's wanting to leave, you must set out with her and help her find truth and peace, so that she too can finally put the past behind her.

Characters

General Tyeg

A general in the King's army. He was believed to have died at the hands of his own soldiers.

Reiner

A easy-going young man, and older brother to Annabel.

Annabel

A young lady bent on revenging the death of her father, who died at the hands of Nyral.

Maraux

An old friend of General Tyeg. He practically raised Reiner and Annabel.

Features

• Keep tabs on your current party with a graphic HUD.
  • Although you level, it won't raise your stats. You must create stat enhancing items. Just bear in mind your level determines the maximum.
  • The Real Time Active Battle System (by Cogwheel) will keep you on your toes as you battle fierce enemies.
  • A weapon system where the weapon itself will level. The higher the level, the more customizable the weapon is with the use of 'Tags'.
  • Hidden tag keywords will enhance your weapons even more.
  • Learn skills with a new Chart System. Customize the skills each character learns using Chart Points gained by leveling.

Screenshots

shadows.png

shadows1.png

shadows2.png

shadows3.png

Demo

Demo (2.13MB, through Megaupload)

Monotype Corsiva font - (not required, but recommended)

Credits

This is everyone who helped.

Scripts:

AMS by Dubealex

Shadows by Rataime

RTAB by Cogwheel

Multi-slot by Guillaume777

Change tileset by Ryethe

Minimap by Blizzard

Graphics:

Wyzrd

Story consultant:

DragonHuntr3ss

It's good, I recommend playing it lol. There are some things in here I have yet to see on a RMXP game before.

Guest Hellfire Dragon

It looks good, the windowskin you used is cool. I'll download the demo and say more later

I would but i get the following error:

The following errors were found

There was an error attempting to move the file to it's storage directory. Please contact an administrator

This game looks very promising, the story is good it meets all the requirments for me im gonna try and and ill give you feedback when i do. Also may I ask what hud you are using i like it alot lol?

I'm not a hundred percent sure but if I remember right, he made it himself.

Yeah, that HUD was custom built myself. I love new and exciting challenges like that. THings that make it look not so... rectangular

I finally got around to playing this at about 1am last night. And I must say, I am definitely impressed. I was actually inspired to start an RMXP project myself(which I haven't done in over a year). Keep up the good work Leon. I will definitely be playing the demo again until the end.

UPDATE: The new demo is nearing release. I estimate no more than 1-2 weeks longer before you see a full version of the demo. There are little tweaks that must be performed here and there, as well as testing of said tweaks. I'll be sure to let everyone know more upon release about what has been changed and so forth

A new demo has been released. This one is approximately an hour long, and goes around 10-15% into the game. Enjoy.

Well Arky

I downloaded the xp but it has 2 setup installers and both of them are giving me errors when I try installing them?

How exactly should I install it ?

Well, I'm an eventing expert. Not a software expert.

When I click on the setup installer I get this message-

The installer package cannot be opened, verify that the package exists ,contact the vendor to verify that that this is a valid windows installer.

This was the reason why I started vx because I got so bugged with downloading xp again and again and not getting it installed, I wanted to test what this software was all about, so I downloaded vx and it worked well and that time I had no link for this forum.

Have you tried installing it in safe mode?

Have you tried installing it as a Administrator?

What version of Windows do you have?

I would try running it in Safe Mode.

And when you ran it as administrator did you right click on it then go to "Run as" then select the administrator.