New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Spoofuss

[RMXP]Animations only

Question

Hello,

Please forgive if I posted this in the wrong section, all forums differ.

But my question is.

I have been looking around for animated side view battlers that was rather simple and used the actor character set, and I remembered this script

found here:

http://www.gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/custom-battle-scripts/sideview-battle-system-tankentai-xp

I am wanting to see if it was possible to only use the battler animation stuff, and not use the battle system that comes with it?

I have a battle system I been working on for a while now, it may be sweet and simple, but hey its mine ya know,

anyways off topic there.

If it is to hard, or impossible to do and I would understand,.

Thank you for the time.

2 answers to this question

I've answered your question on the page, but it seems there's more question in this thread.

Simply said, it's not impossible. However if you tried to integrate the Tankentai animation stuff to your battle system, things got complicated, as the animation stuff is integrated deeply on the battle system, and butchering it will be a hassle.

The easiest way to achieve what you want is to integrate your battle system to the Tankentai system, rather than the other way around. Simply said, you could build your battle system from the Tankentai system, removing whatever you don't need and vouila, you have a battle system with Tankentai system animation. It's a bit hard but not impossible.

Thank you for the reply.

And I can see how it's tied together, I was mainly curious about it.

The way my battle system is, it has help from certain add-ons, that I know would conflict with some of the stuff in the tankentai system.

I am currently using Paradog's sideview battle sprites, and I been thinking of using minkoff's animated battlers as well.

Again thank you for your time.