New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Spoofuss

[RMXP] A CMS in Need

Hello,

I am looking to get a CMS done.

I know, I know it will be some work,But I am trying to get something to fit the project.

I have been looking around at some other CMS scripts, some I have seen and liked require SDK or other stuff that I really dont need and even if you remove the unneeded parts they won't work, and with my scripting knowledge I know there is no way I could get them to work how I want.   :annoyed:

I don't think it is an over complicated CMS design, but I have been derping hard lately.

Here will be some stupid paint mock ups to show the general layout of certain stuff for the CMS, Which I hope is okay.

I am also using Game_Guys Hand cursor script from over at Chaos-Project.com 

Menu Sections:(in order)

Item

Skills

Equipment

Status

Quest (Either Game_Guy's or KK20's Scripts from Chaos-Project.com)

Party (Blizz's Easy Party Switcher)

Level Up (I have the script I am wanting to use for this)

Options

(^ It will be a small section to change Window Skins, Font Style, and Blizz Bars Style from TONs of ADDons over at Chaos-Project.com )

Save

Load

Quit

Main Menu:

dZHikhO.png

Black= The section where the selectable options would be.

Green= Where party members status will be displayed ( must be compatible with Icons for status effects from TONs of ADDons over at Chaos-Project.com)

Orange= Location name display

Yellow= Gold display

Blue= Play Time

Status Window:

W1PygoL.png

Green= Character actor sprite

Red= where parameters are applied (str., dex., etc.)

Purple= Where Level, HP and SP and States are shown

Orange= Where Equipment is shown

Blue= Where Elemental attack and defense from equipment are shown. ( prefer to use icon  for this as well)

Equipment Screen:

cGZFOzG.png

Green= Where actor parameters and hp, sp, etc. is shown (include the hidden Evasion stat)

Orange= Where current equipped items are shown and selected t be changed

Blue= Gives an idea of where the window pops up where selecting piece of equipment to equip

Red= Where Elemental attack and defense from equipment are shown. ( prefer to use icon  for this as well)

Item Windows and Skill Windows:

4tuHavH.png

Green= Help window

Black= Item categories ( would like to have Items seperated by type of item they are), and Skill types.

Red= Item selection 2 rows and columns 

If compensation is needed then I am sure we could come to some form of agreement

;)

To dirty? Yeah that sounded dirty.

What year is this? Do you realize that program came out 13 god damn years ago? How far along is your project, is there any risk of it actually getting completed?

Generally it doesn't sound like anything complicated, for the most part I just gotta move some windows around. And potentially do some compatibility resolution with other scripts. It would be most effective if I had access to the project itself, but considering the nature of the script, having access to the scripts file should be enough. I could do it without either of those, but I would be doing it blind.

And yeah, some compensation would be nice.

It's still a decent program (my personal favorite RPG Maker) and most of us here would be happy to help in any way we can. Saltome just wants to make sure you're serious about this and is afraid of wasting his time, as he's seen many people give up on these projects. While I haven't touched the program in a while, I have a little experience working with RGSS and have a lot more experience with general programming than I did back when I still used RMXP and would be happy to re-learn the API to help you. That said, we probably will require a few game files to make sure everything works perfectly with your current project. You can send PMs here, so don't feel like you need to post a public link or anything.

Oh I get where he is coming from, I have been working on this project doing the story line for years now, it looks like I wrote a novel down.

I have seen many projects that look promising, and never come to completion.

And I can pm a link with the project.

Hmm... undercutting my prices are you bob? xD

If you think you can get it done you can have the job.

Saves me the trouble of doing it myself.*goes back to the void*

Not undercutting, just trying to be more friendly and welcoming. You should try it some time.

Saltome is always rude (that's 1/2 of the reason we refer to him as "salty"). Lel. I must admit though, this is exactly the types of topics we were getting here in 2007. 

You could always warez the RPG Makers. There's no consequence to doing so. I'd only pay for software if I support the company and it was priced reasonably, and RMMV is certainly not. It's a more or less a bunch of JS built on third party libraries anyway. 

The irony is.., if I hadn't made that comment, this topic would have been ignored completely. Like usually.

You're right, I guess, and I suppose that it is ironic.. 

It's probs also better (and easier imo) to learn JS than ruby. But then again, I don't even know how you find time with five kids. Is the game for your kids? 

I feel as if I had started something  :annoyed:

I just appreciate the fact someone took a look at this topic. 

And the game is for my friends mainly, and as odd as it is to say, well embarrassing really.

But, its kind of a odd ball dream to make a rpg reminiscent of the SNES era, and to say I managed to make one. 

With five kids it does make it so you don't have much time for anything, I work on the game during my days off when the kids are at school, and when they go to bed.