New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
madpsy

[RMXP] Script Error

Question

Hello

I'm newbie with this program and cannot understand what's wrong with Compress Game. 

The fact is that when I made a compress of the game without a tick on the "Encrypt Archive", I have no problems when starting the game. But, when I put a check mark on the "Create Encrypted Archive", after launching the game i had error - undefined method 'width' for nil:NilClass.

What's wrong with game?

P.S. I use custom scripts - error indicates this : "   return @sprite.bitmap.width "

P.S.S. Sorry for my bad English

P.S.S.S. I havent problem without tick "Encrypt Archive"

Full problem in image:

post-31661-0-93634300-1531269446_thumb.jpost-31661-0-33047100-1531269451_thumb.j

post-31661-0-93634300-1531269446_thumb.jpg

post-31661-0-33047100-1531269451_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Based on what you've explained, it seems the problem lies on "@sprite.bitmap.width" where the bitmap is not defined yet when the script is running. About why it works on unencrypted archive but not on encrypted archive, I suspect that "somehow" it can't read the content of the encrypted archive, maybe due to the path is not registered or something else. Perhaps you could upload a demo project where we can test the problem (where the error occurs when it's encrypted but not otherwise) so we can solve and fix it. :)