New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Nisage

Skill Making - Analyze

Today I will be showing you how to make the skill Analyze with some Variables, Common Events, an Ailment, and Conditional Branches. (And thanks to Jimmyly, it's more detailed then before. And maybe better).

Step 1: Status Effect (or Ailment as I'll be calling it). Let's make an Ailment called Analyze, make it non-resistance so the enemy will have the Ailment easily, and for "Release Conditions" have it set to "After zero Turns, 100% chance". It should look like this.....

post-2803-1242442377_thumb.png

This will make sure that the ailment won't be removed. We will have to remove the Ailment from the enemy, but that will be mentioned later.

Step 2: Variable. This is a little tricky..... We open a new variable (let's say you made a new game and haven't used any variables yet. We'll use variable 1) Name it HP, the operation is "Set" and for Operand we put it to "Enemy"and for that one empty bar in the middle it should show a 1, like this.....

post-2803-1222920722_thumb.png

and the bar on the far right we put it on HP.

Make another variable and call it MaxHP, everything is the same as the last variable we made, but instead of HP, we choose MaxHP for that bar on the far right. Like so,

post-2803-1222921009_thumb.png

We'll get back to these two Variables after we made a Conditional Branch in a Common Event that'll be named after a monster. Let's choose Ghost for the monster.

Step 3: Switch, Conditional Branch, and Common Events. Let's make the first Common Event be called Skill Trigger since it'll trigger the Analyze skill. In that Common Event, make a new Switch called Analyze, and make sure that the Switch is on. In a new Common Event, let us call it Ghost. Now we make a Conditional Branch in Common Event Ghost which the condition will be "If enemy has this ailment"

post-2803-1222921351_thumb.png

Once that is done, we put in the two variables (first variable HP then variable MaxHP) and put the variables in a text messege (which will be shown in the next step)

Step 4: Variable Messege: For the messege you'll be putting after you put the variables in the conditional branch, you will type (in the quotes) "HP: \v[x]/\v[x]" \v[x] is just like changing the text color, insert the number where the X is. (Since we made variable 1 HP and variable 2 MaxHP, it should be like this) HP: \v[1]/\v[2], or like so,

post-2803-1222921947_thumb.png Press the F2 button, it should look like this post-2803-1222922000_thumb.png and I'm putting \c[3] before it all so the text color is green (<- for fun).

I'm going to add the enemies name (Ghost) before I put in HP:\v[1]/\v[2]. I also added a few things depending on the Ghost, like what it's Strong/Weak to. I also added some variables to show it's MP (whcih can be set up the same way I did with the HP)

So it'll look something like this......

Analyze7.png

Don't forget to add the Change Enemy State that removed Analyzed, or the game will freeze, and the Switch Analyze off so the battle can continue. Now we have to make sure that when the enemy is in a state of "Analyzed" it'll call Common Event Ghost, which can be done in the Enemy Troop Battle Setting.

Analyze45.png
It is set up that if Enemy 1 is in a state of Analyzed, it'll call Common Event Ghost, if not, it'll turn the switch Analyze off. Make sure that the Span is set to Moment so this will take effect as soonas any of the enemies has the state Analyzed.

Now for the most important part of all, the skill itself.

Step 5: Skill Making. This is kind of easy, change the maximum number of skills so you get a blank new one. Name it Analyze, make it hit one enemy, give it the Ailment Analyze (a "+" next to the name on the right)

for Common Event, put the one we just made called "Skill Trigger" and it should look like this now.......

post-2803-1242454487_thumb.png You can make it consume SP if you want (I'm making it use 10, and doing some small damage)

Now then, give a character class this skill. I'm giving the Fighter class the skill.

post-2803-1222923666_thumb.png

Now we test it out in battle. However, we only made it so this skill would only work on monster 1 in an enemy group. An enemy group can have a maximum of 8 monsters, we made this skill work for monster 1 since we didn't make any more conditional branches for 2 through 8.

Once the enemy is hit with the skill analyze, a test messege should appear and should look like this....

Analyze10.png
Ok, so I used a picture of me using my analyze that has MP and others on it. But it should still work nontheless.

If you want an Analyze that shows the element the enemy is strong/weak to, that's a script thing, I can't help you there, unless you like it this way. I almost forgot. if you use the skill Analyze and kill an enemy, then the switch Analyse will still be on, which means if you enter a battle that has the Troop thing set up like with Ghost, then it'll freeze. To prevent this, You'll need a Common Event and a new Switch. I called my Switch "Main Switch", I named the Common Event "Disable Analyze" and set its Trigger to Parallel as long as a certain Switch is on. In this Common Event, as long as Main Switch is on, the Switch Analyze is off. Let me show you......

Analyze11.png

When you enter battle and use the skill Analyze, the Switch will turn on. This Common Event will only work outside of battle. Why? No idea, put it comes in handy for something like this.

This concludes Skill Making - Analyze, I hope this makes things interesting now. Oh, one more thing! This skill can work in XP and VX. Please leave a comment about this, thank you.

Wow, thanks a lot, Nisage ^^

I think i can learn from that, a lot!

Most likely i might use it - anyway, first time see how you use variables, so the learning effect is most valuable ^^

I am happy to help^^ I'm now working on a skill that's like Hyper Beam in Pokemon. If you use this powerful skill, it paralyzes you for a few turns, or one. I almost have it, and it has no variables in it making it abit easier to make (unless if I need them, doubt it.)

Thanks. I experimented with a few things when I got XP, and then on VX later on. And thanks to searching forums on this site and learning new things, like changing text color \c[x], I'm better at eventing now. Yes, I got the "Hyper Beam" to work. I just need to make sure of a few more things with it, and I'll post it up.

I came with a upgraded Version of it so you can apply more Personal Information such as Names, Weakness, and Resistances.

Make the Comment Event switch on ###: Anaylze is on

and than do this on Troops Span Change it to Moment and Condition to When Switch ###: Anaylze is on.

Than follow the ConBranch from the top post.

Than Add better custom stuff like:

Name

Monster Type

Resist

Weakness Text

Remove Entire Troops State Anaylze

than end it with Switch ###: Anaylze is off

Its more Work but, it more custom.

I came with a upgraded Version of it so you can apply more Personal Information such as Names, Weakness, and Resistances.

Make the Comment Event switch on ###: Anaylze is on

and than do this on Troops Span Change it to Moment and Condition to When Switch ###: Anaylze is on.

Than follow the ConBranch from the top post.

Than Add better custom stuff like:

Name

Monster Type

Resist

Weakness Text

Remove Entire Troops State Anaylze

than end it with Switch ###: Anaylze is off

Its more Work but, it more custom.

An upgraded version already? (That was fast :))

True it means more work, but it will show more info on them. And it seems I might have forgot one little detail if no one has read it.

post-2803-1223068798_thumb.png

In that circled area, it is set for enemy 1 for any and all monsters that are enemy 1 in a monster group correct?

Make sure it's put on enemy 2 if you want Analyze to show the HP, MP, etc... (Going to say info) on enemy 2 in the monster group or it will always show the "info" for enemy 1, even when enemy 1 is dead (I found that out when trying the skill out, and I was wondering why it said the enemy had zero health yet it was on the field). I did say we'd only work on enemy 1 for this, but I'm letting you all know this detail just in case ok?

Hmm..... I wonder if it'll be easier if I uploaded a demo of the skill to make it better to understand. If anyone would like, I'll upload a demo of the skill Analyze, that is once I add in Jimmyly's upgrade and if anyone wants me to upload a demo. Question is....... where do I upload them again? Oh yeah here, http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index.php?showforum=18 Now I just have to figure out how to upload it, if anyone wants a demo of it that is. No point if no ones wants it right?

This is too easy for a needed Demo. People will be going to ask question about the demo that could have been answered by reading so I wouldn't put a Demo.

Well that is true........ Alright, no demo for now since it's easier to just read the replies above to make the skill.

This is a good tutorial, very descriptive and easy to understand. Now I ask what exactly is the analyze skill?

In some games there is a skill that let's you see how much HP an enemy has (how much it has left/maximum health), or to show its' stats like what it's immuned to and all that. With this you can see the enemies HP, MP, and elemental weakness. Like in one PS2 game I have, the name of the skill in the game is called Analyze, so I decided to use that name. That and I couldn't think of a better name for it. It can give you a bit of an advantage on the enemy by knowing what it's weak against.