New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

Holy Magic Century Remake

Interesting. I think I look the normal look better then the purple outfit you gave him, but otherwise, it looks pretty good ^^ Although, I didn't see much different between the first and second images

That gives me an idea to add some color variations for the clothing, i will remake his original costume again too, i think i can do a better job on it, after a little bit i will try creating some basic tileset parts as well, then when we decide on a look for the hero i will continue working on him :)

The main differences where some small strands of hair changes haha, i actually want to keep the hair similar to the original design, hey do you like the lighter color for the hair or the darker?

Here's the better look for the original look of his clothing, i think i went too baggy for the first attempt.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr239/T...e-1stremade.png

A very early wip of the first room, just so you folks see what i have now.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr239/T...st-earlyWip.png

Moving along-

HMC-Q64-innerRoom2ndpic.png

Give me opinions if you have 'em folks, here's that room from the start of game, i think we can make the room look less boring by adding a few things here and there so i added some barrels, i think we can use most of what i have from my town tileset for the first town of this game as well, let me know what you think of that too.

Certain things i think will look good if i keep plain in the end, such as those candle holders for example.

Litanddark.png

Looks pretty good. We could always spice it up with a couple bookcases, maybe a statue instead of the plain altar they hand, etc. Otherwise, it all looks pretty good so far.

Forgive me guys but i will stop working on this project for now, as it seems like i'm the only one who's interested in doing any work here (and Emily as well maybe, no idea), i'll be around once in a while, till next time.

Unfortunately, we need graphics before anything can be done...and it seems we don't have anyone willing to help out with that. I'll work on some makeshift levels and post them up, but I'll be using the RMXP RTP. Just give me a day or so...fighting a sickness that the entire family seems to have right now.

To all those working on the project at this time, behold, I have uploaded the first demo. It shows 2 new features not previously found in Quest64: Character Selection and the Tutorial Islands. I'd like a little feedback on it. Do you think the character selection works well with the game? Also, do you like the idea of the Tutorial Islands? Keep in mind that the Tutorial Islands are directly copied from an old game, and will be modified when we get the new battle and menu systems. Also, the monastery guy hits a loop, so quit there. It's just to show how the characters react to your character's gender and name.

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index....mp;showfile=167

Also, to anyone seeking to make music, I found this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hdzqzzilnhi It's the soundtrack for the game, and you may use that to listen to the music -nods-

Dunno if it's too late to get involved at all (having only joined yesterday I have to ask that about every open topic! haha!) but I downloaded the demo and had a run through.

I reckon that the demo itself works very well, especially the character selection screen and how the character changes in the process.

The only possible things I could find at all that could be changed are a few semantics - nothing to do with the actual functionality of the game at all lol;

- When you talk about pushing barrels, you said bushing

- Every time the player is told to use ENTER for things, I also found pressing space works equally well

- On the healing island you might wanna swap the E and the A as I read it as HAEL as it is set up (might just be me though haha)

- When fighting, you choose Fight -> Attack, not vice versa

So as I said, they have nothing to do with the actual functionality of the game, just wanted something to put in so I wasn't giving a perfect review as, let's face it, no game is!

Oh ok, came towards the end and found that a couple times the game crashed on me - first time it said "script is hanging" and the second time it said it couldn't find the sound effect Fire01.

Still, as I said before, an excellent start!

Hehe, don't worry, it's not too late as long as it's still open. What we need right now are graphics and things...Oh, and as to the things you reported...I would guess the fire SE was probably from the sword you were using. I copied over the animation, but I forgot the attack sound. The island does, in fact, say "HAEL" because it was designed to be read up-down and then left-right. This will probably be changed in a later version when I get graphics. As it stands, I may move the "Tutorial Islands" into the Monastery, as there are 6 unused rooms in there which would work great for the islands.

Most of the other reports on Tutorial Islands you made involved the battle system. Truth is, I have no idea if it will be changed or not. The battle system the tutorial is speaking of is the RTAB system in my crystals of chaos game (the islands came from there). Whether we will continue to use the RTAB, the DBS (the one currently in the game), or a CBS, I do not know, that has yet to be decided.

This project needs people skilled in the following areas:

• Scripting
  • Mapping
  • Plotting side quests
  • Making animations
  • Making music
  • Voice Acting (still unknown)

So, if you have skills in any of those, please let us know and we'll see what we can get your help doing ^^

Well I've already listened to the soundtrack from Youtube, and I'm interested enough to arrange it for our purposes.

Are there any particular changes to any of the pieces you'd like made, and how closely would you like these mixes to the originals? Would you like any original tracks of any sort? (possibly for extra content stuff)

I can do some side-quest plotting, animations (designed in the RMXP program I'm guessing?) and voice acting (I'm good with accents :P).

So anything you need in those departments, let me know!

:D

p.s. Someone needs to get me up to speed with battle-system acronyms btw lol

Umm...well, it would be nice if they were close to the original. I have no problem with modifying them up, but we should maintain a level where the music is recognizable and the players go "Yeah, that's <whatever>, all right." As for original tracks, maybe something for minigames would be nice. The game had no side quests or minigames, so we'll probably need music for those.

As for battle system acronyms:

• ABS = Action Battle System
  • DBS = Default Battle System (the one that comes with RMXP)
  • CBS = Custom Battle System
  • RTAB = Real Time Action Battle System (Think Final Fantasy except 10)
  • TBS = Tactical Battle System

And that's all the ones I know.

Final Fantasy I-III are also don't work on ATB.

I can get the music sounding pretty good, but Mixcraft has this weird delay after the end of a piece that I can't get rid of, so there's a 3 second gap between loops which is pretty bad. If anybody knows anything about this it would be great.

Umm...unfortunately, I don't have much until I can get maps made up and eventing done...which requires tilesets, and I haven't seen our tileset maker in a while. I recommend getting a copy of Quest64 and looking over the spells in the game (use a gameshark for max elements if needed) and see if you can make similar animations. I still have no idea what battle system we are using, but if I don't get anyone to tell me, I might go with an ABS...I'm not sure how well the RTAB would work in the game, and I know the DBS won't work at all for what we need.

Final Fantasy I-III are also don't work on ATB.

I can get the music sounding pretty good, but Mixcraft has this weird delay after the end of a piece that I can't get rid of, so there's a 3 second gap between loops which is pretty bad. If anybody knows anything about this it would be great.

I know I'm not in on the making of this game, don't really plan to be. But Mixcraft is a free program isn't it. If you want you can email me the files at twyzrds@yahoo.com I most likely guarantee I can get rid of that 3 seconds at the end.

I recommend getting a copy of Quest64 and looking over the spells in the game (use a gameshark for max elements if needed) and see if you can make similar animations.

Ok, I'll have a look. However I've been having problems uploading the RMXP data files for animations for the Unlimited Resource Pack, so I can't guarantee the animations I make will be uploaded any day soon <_<

I'll certainly make some though so that when I can get the files up they're ready to go!

Ok, so, this just came to me. I realized that, if we're going to work on this together, and we were going to make it known that RMXP Unlimited pulled together to make it, then we need a 640x480 logo to display in the game. I have a script for a splash screen at the beginning to show logos, I just need a logo for RMXP Unlimited. So, anyone think they are up to the task?

EDIT: Also, we could use a better title screen then the N64 rip. Come someone remake this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/tamo...i/HMC_alpha.png

I'll give it a shot - I've been known to turn out a few good graphics in my time ^^

Oh yeah and btw I'm trying to run through Quest64 in order to get a look at what the animations will need to look like, but I got stuck RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING! I'm stuck in the castle and can't get out!? Any help? (lol I really AM a noob :P)

EDIT: I just rustled up a couple quick ones. They're nothin special, just 30 second jobs - just wondering what kinda stuff you're after:

Image 1

Image 2

Image3

Well, the last one is more of what I'm looking for. I just need a logo to display is all, basically. But the image has to be 640x480 in order to work. As for the beginning...you just walk out the doors o.o It really shouldn't be that hard ^^" If you really need help, though http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/game/198386.html

Ok, well if you wanna use that one thats fine lol, or I can make a better one based on that this aft.?

Yeah I've tried walkin through doors lol but when he gets to the front door he hits it and shakes his head. So I found an alternate way out but at the end of the rooms he did the same thing! Argh! I'll look it up on that link :P

hehe, yeah, eventually, when you run into one of the doors, it will open. It's one thing that will be fixed in the remake for sure. No more confusing doors, yay! lol

And, yeah, you should try to make another one. In either case, those are all too small. They are only 480x360 and I need 640x480 Literally no other size will work. It's part of the script.

hehe, yeah, eventually, when you run into one of the doors, it will open. It's one thing that will be fixed in the remake for sure. No more confusing doors, yay! lol

And, yeah, you should try to make another one. In either case, those are all too small. They are only 480x360 and I need 640x480 Literally no other size will work. It's part of the script.

Oh crap are they the wrong dimensions? Durrrr me! Sorry! I misread the required dimensions for some reason XD

I'll get working on some tonight if I have time or tomorrow and upload them asap.

@Quest64 - Damn you all, I know it was back in the 90s but still, come on! Let me out!!!

Try pushing on the door until it opens. If you push on it, then walk more to the left or right, eventually you'll hit that spot where it will open.