New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

New Website Theme

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net

We now have a new website theme. Its quite different from the last one, the styles are a bit different, but overall I think this one better. The main feature of the new theme is the menu system. Also the theme has completely new framework.

What do you guys think of the new theme?

The website theme has been reverted back to it's original.

This is due to issues in IE, that page would not load for some people, myself included. I didn't realize because I hadn't tested it in IE previously.

About 40% of users are IE users, so a lot of people may have not been able to access the site with the new theme.

I will try to find out the source of the problem, so the theme may return if I can find out what's wrong. Unil then, we will use our old theme.

I like it! ....partially cuz I dont remember what it looked like beforehand lol but that just means this one is way better, more memorable.

I like it better but that's probably partially because I favor blue. ;)

Only thing is I think the 4 boxes across the bottom are out of place. You have to scroll all the way down to see them and a lot of people aren't going to do that.

I like it, especially the way that poll results are displayed.

It looks refreshing ... also makes me thirsty. lol

I like it.

but can we choose between the old one and the new one ... cuz I sorta liked the older one.

Black and red is awesome!

Only thing is I think the 4 boxes across the bottom are out of place. You have to scroll all the way down to see them and a lot of people aren't going to do that.

Ah, yeah I agree. I really prefer a bar long the bottom with separators rather than separate boxes. I'm going to fix this first and see what it looks like. The reason you have to scroll so far down is that on the news items on the home page have a minimum limit of 5. About 2 would like good I think, so i'll try to change that limit and then we'll see how it looks. I think it looks decent without them too though, we'll just wait and see.

EDIT: how about now?

but can we choose between the old one and the new one ... cuz I sorta liked the older one.

Black and red is awesome!

No, sorry. There's no way I can make that happen. Its because the menu system and module styles need different settings to work. If I switched themes right now it would take a lot of work to get it looking how it was. There are also new module positions so some things wouldnt even show up.

I'm glad everyone likes it. After setting it up I wasn't too sure if I made the right decision. That's partially the reason for such a short announcement.

Yes, that fixes it. Looks much better now. Great job Marked.

The first thing i said this morning when i got on was WOAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the look. I think its much better. Good job Marked.

Nope. IE. WHich only points out a single problem. If a potential member stumbles upon our main site before the forum, will they be turned away from simply using IE?

Well i just tried my IE and i don't get any errors. This is an odd problem.

Other things to check:

-Updated .net framework

-Updated flash and java

Other than that don't know what to tell you.

Nope. IE. WHich only points out a single problem. If a potential member stumbles upon our main site before the forum, will they be turned away from simply using IE?

The theme is designed to be compatible with all common browsers. I dont usually test things in IE, but I always have compatibility in mind.

The page doesn't load at all? Perhaps refreshing the page will work?

I love it it looks great goes with the forums a bit too! keep the updates coming Marked!!

Also it could be his connection too. I notice the new template takes longer to load now... maybe his connection is to slow to run it or something.

I tried refreshing, it starts to act like it wants to open the site, (shows the title in the bar) and then crashes on me.

I've tried using IE as well, same thing as Leon is getting. Page cannot be displayed error, but that's for the home page. The forums I can get to without a problem on IE.

Could it be the version of IE you are using? I have loaded it several times in IE with no problems.

Im using IE8 and no problems.

@Wyz and Leon what version you using?

You can tell by hitting alt then going to help then about.

Darn, it shouldn't be the IE version. I have an IE version checker, if the version is lower than the minimum it displays a link to upgrade. So if Leon doesn't see that, he should be viewing the site.

Perhaps its worth making a poll whether users can view it properly? If anyone else is having problems viewing it, could you please reply to this thread?

Loaded it (rather slowly) with IE6, and got the notice bar. It took the browser over 40 seconds to successfully render the page, and it didn't seem happy one bit about it either.

My main browser, SRWare Iron (Google Chrome modified) takes less than 5 seconds to pull it up.

EDIT: It appears IE6's rendering engine hates the site pages with a passion. I crashed the browser rather quickly trying to load the RGSS Archive. SRWare Iron had no problems with it

SRWare Iron

23698605.th.png

IE6

61103698.th.png

Anyone using IE please try Firefox. Everything loads faster, you won't have trouble with RMXP Un., and it has tons of awesome addons and themes.

Direct Link to Download

Anyone using IE please try Firefox. Everything loads faster, you won't have trouble with RMXP Un., and it has tons of awesome addons and themes.

Direct Link to Download

I prefer firefox, but IE should load everything just fine...(excluding IE6, in the case you get a message to upgrade/change browsers).

And also, the theme should load extremely quickly. The new framework I mentioned above has major speed improvements.

If IE does not work, I will change the theme back to what it was. But I need more feedback form IE users.

Aw, I'll miss the new theme, but if it doesn't let those with IE be on :(....... Oh well, maybe the next one will work.