New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Complete RPG Maker XP Spriting Guide

On the tkool.jp website there is a complete guide on creating sprites. Having looked through it, it covers every spriting aspect in RPG Maker XP(which of course can be carried over to RMVX).

The course is a complete guide so its starts off from the very basic to the very advanced, and its overall aim is to give you the skills to create your own original graphics.

I am posting it here because that's all I can do, at first I wanted to get it translated to proper English but the content is not allowed to be redistributed. So google translator is the best I can offer you... not all of it is understandable, but I think an english speaker can do it and learn a lot from it. Here's a sample: 05.gif

Thanks, that looks like a good guide. I'll have to read that over later; did you make that sprite at the end? It looks great.

An interesting tutorial, but it is more suitable for a professional artist, rather than for an artist like me. There are too many non-standard for the average user.

It's a good find. It will definitely come in handy when I get the time to brush up on my spriting skills. When I'm as good as the Inquisitor, then I'll be happy. :D

Marked means things like google translator. xD

And yeah, you don't need to bump pinned topics. :3

well, i spent the whole week trying to understand what it's alla about. a veeeery very interesting lesson for everyone, from the beginners like me to the experts i believe. the funny part f the sory is that i tried to use translator directly for greek. well, a total failure. the definiton of "it doesn't make sense!!"v anways, thanx a lot for your find, i hope i will get better and better as the time goes by. if you have a look at my topic about spriting, you'll see that i've actually done some progress (even though still dont know what else i need to fix...:P)