New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
evil cabbage

RMXP Pool - The Easy Way to Find, Share and Download RMXP Resources

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=239

File Name: RMXP Pool - The Easy Way to Find, Share and Download RMXP Resources

File Submitter: evil cabbage

File Submitted: 20 Dec 2009

File Category: Tools & Utilities

(Please note that the screenshot shown is of beta v0.1.0.0, the current version is v1)

For the past month, I have been developing a program called RMXP Pool.

Concept:

Basically, it works like this. Have you ever tried to find RMXP resources and spent hours browsing through forums and then finding a broken download link? And then, the author doesn't leave terms and conditions of use? (I certainly have)

Well the idea of this program is to make browsing and downloading RMXP resources much much easier for everyone.

What do you do with it?

Basically, you start by selecting the type of resource that you are looking for (animations, charsets, scripts, music, etc). Once you do this, you are shown a list of available resources in that category. You can quickly view original forum threads about the resource, view screenshots or download the resource. When you click "Download this Item" a dialog pops up with the terms of use that the author has specified. If you agree to the author's terms then the resource that you chose is downloaded quickly and DIRECTLY (no internet pages involved) to the following directory: C:\ My RMXP Pool Downloads.

To sum it up, it's like Scrive, but for all types of RMXP resources.

Click here to download this file

Just curious, what language did you write this in, and how are you going to keep track of where all the files are stored? Certainly you are going to use some sort of database.

Just curious, what language did you write this in, and how are you going to keep track of where all the files are stored? Certainly you are going to use some sort of database.

1.) I did not use a programming language at all. It was made in a "drag and drop" programming free application maker called Multimedia Fusion 2: Developer. You can get the trial here if you are interested

2.) I host the files myself. After a user uses the submission forms here to submit a resource they have made, I download it, scan it for viruses and then upload it and integrate it into the RMXP Pool database. The database is basically a load of .inis in a .zip folder.

If you would like some more info, RMXP Pool does have it's own site here: www.rmxp-pool.com

I decided to try this out, but the screen zooms in way too much and I can't exist or see what I'm doing. Is there a way to make the screen smaller?

I don't believe there is a way to make it smaller...I asked him about that before :(

Maybe it will be different in v.2...although, I dunno if he's still going with this project. dry.gif

It's so zoomed in, I only see yellow >.<

I hope he fixes it, because no one will use it this way -- because they won't be able to.

overall its an ugly program that was created with shortcuts and work around's. Its almost like an attempt at a more diverse scrive, but it just isnt up to standards. Im terribly sorry, but if I were to use rpg maker, Im not sure I would use pool.

overall its an ugly program that was created with shortcuts and work around's. Its almost like an attempt at a more diverse scrive, but it just isnt up to standards. Im terribly sorry, but if I were to use rpg maker, Im not sure I would use pool.

Yeah, I know it really kind of sucked and I learnt from that day how to make better interfaces (and not to use stupid "homemade graphics".) For those who don't know, RMXP Pool has actually merged with Scrive and is being programmed by formlesstree4 in VB. I run the website and database.

Um...twenty eight? I think, I dunno. It's pretty big, I guess.

Well, are the resources inside any good?

RMXP Pool v2 Beta 1 is completely different to V1 and is currently available here . Please note that this release was made by formlesstree4, not me and it is rather buggy at the moment (being a beta).

It's okay, I was angry or upset or anything ^.^

Thanks for the link. :alright:

Will I have to install it? Or is it just like a folder?

EDIT:

Nevermind! It seems really good, Form. But maybe a feature like a preview of the selected resource before you download?

Also, is there a way to gather resources and submit them so they may go in it? :biggrin_002:

EDIT 2:

Nevermind again, it's in settings. Okay, so far I love it. I'd still like to know if there is a way to put resources in.

There will be a method at a later date that will allow you to submit your own resources. The current methodology used to update the database doesn't allow you to actually insert your own at this time, but last I heard cabbage was working on a method to allow us to receive new resources to incorporate.

EDIT: I added you on MSN, you should get on and we can talk more if you want.

Alright, hopefully that feature can be added. I'm learning to sprite, and maybe I can put in some characters and personally made town sets ^.^

I don't have Messenger, it doesn't work well on my PC :P

But I do check my MSN account everyday -- morning, lunch and night ;)

There is no method to add resources to the DB in real time, but you can submit resources (now with file uploading!) here I am hoping to change to a host with FTP access soon. Once I do, real time resource adding will be available.

mmmmh might decide to add some of the resource's i converted into xp =3= or i'll wait till i get some more done instead....