New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Noob Saibot

Gathering of All The Templates

Well it is 11:03am on 07 APR 2010 and I am back pulling stuff from the RMXPU.net Archive...

Blue Text---Working Link!!

Red Text--- Broken Link

(This is a copied topic that I done over at rmxp.org, any template you need for spriting is bound to be in here)

I have organised this topic, cause alot of people keep requesting on the forum for specific templates. Alot of these aren't being uploaded into the downloader so I'll list them here, or gve links to topics

containing them.

RTP Male by Mack

RTP Male Edit by GameRage

RTP Female by Mack

RTP Child by Tana

RTP Big Male by Tana

RTP Giant by Tana

Seraph by ccoa

Geredreth Advanced by Despain

Geredreth Full by Despain

Desperu by Despain and Kaeru

Half Kaizer Topic

Half Kaizer Orc by Erk

Full Kaizer Male

Female Kaizer

Kaizer Side View Battler by Tana

-Male Coming Soon-

Large Head Female by The Cry of Fallen Angels

VEX Male by Valentineenigma

VEX Female by Valentineenigma

VEX Child by Tana

Angel's Template Male

Angel's Template Female

Angel's Template Kid

Angel's Template Fat

K-Sama Female Template by Kaeru-Sama

K-Sama Male Template by Kaeru-Sama

Gmanjudo's easy edit template small

Gmanjudo's easy edit template large

Shorty Template by High Mage Vivi

Shorty Climbing by High Mage Vivi

Small ff6 styled template male by Waiise

Small ff6 styled template female by Waiise

Sigma Star Template Normal Walking edit by Gmanjudo

Faceset Templates by Despain

That is all for now, there are a few more I need to get, but due to the hack that makes it hard. Right now I'm trying to get the desperu, but if Des comes on I'll just ask him for it.

Despain's Template Opinions:

RTP:

Advantages: Fits with most popular resources.

Disadvantages: Some people will look down on you for not being "original".

Opinion: The RTP style is harder to work with successfully than one might think. The size is perfectly suited for the RTP tilesets (duh!), which makes this one a great choice for most projects. The style seems to be better-suited for traditional fantasy projects, but it is flexible enough to be used in other settings as well. The biggest advantage to this style is that most resources you find will match it, so it's best for those not planning to invest a lot of time into original graphics.

Kaizer:

Advantages: Large size leads to great detail.

Disadvantages: Too large to be compatible with most tiles.

Opinion: I love the Kaizer, and who doesn't? It was one of the first original templates released, and is definitely the one that began the trend. In terms of spriting talent, Showkaizer's perhaps on the top, and this template shows it. It's very standard, not being too stylized, and because of that is very versatile. Its popularity is well-deserved.

Half Kaizer:

Advantages: Medium-sized allows for enough detail without being too tedious to sprite.

Disadvantages: Still slightly larger than normal RTP tiles.

Opinion: The Half-Kaizer is Showkaizer's improvement over his originals. Not only were these made to better fit with common tilesets, but his skill imoproved and the pixel art is far better in general. Like the full Kaizer, its style is nicely generic, allowing for great versatility. The template also has a large amount of different poses and body shapes. No wonder it's the post popular template of the day.

Geredreth:

Advantages: Large size makes for great possibilites for detail.

Disadvantages: Large size, single gender (now).

Opinion: Having made it myself, I'm rather bias. But trying to look at it from an impartial view, I am both drawn to it and turned off. It has a very unique style to it, emphasized by the round head and bead-eyes, which somehow make it look more geared toward futuristic games rather tahn the common medieval. Its size also makes it look intimidating for the spriter, guaranteeing a longer time working with it, but with possibly nicely-detailed results.

GeredrethAdvance:

Advantages: The smaller, thinner style makes it easy to sprite with.

Disadvantages: Not much room for detail, single gender (now).

Opinion: I made this one because the full Geredreth was simply too huge. Like the full version, this is very stylized and is better suited for modern/futuristic projects. It fits the RTP-size tilesets now, yet the unique style still sets it apart. More usable than the full version, though.

This post has been edited by Hydrolic on October 09, 2006 01:40 pm

Original Post: RMXPU.net Archive

Back Up of Images: back_up_Graphics.zip

================================================================================================================================================

================================================================================================================================================

Dash Template (maker unknown)

herodash1qi.png

Back Up of Template: template back up

These are some sprite bases (read: naked dudes) that I've ended up making as part of my gaming project. The first one, the male, is a modified version of another base. I do not know who made the original, nor where to find it, but it was terrible and I had to redo practically the entire thing, so there's not much here that's recognizable. The female is a modified version of the male, and the fat male was made from scratch.

gallery_13816_65_4010.png gallery_13816_65_2475.png

gallery_13816_65_130.png

These are free for use in any project - games, art, for-profit, non-profit, etc. The head comes from the actual bald head in the RTP, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems with hair. Credit (something along the lines of "Artistic Support") would be appreciated.

Watch this space - more bases will be uploaded as they become available.