New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
formlesstree4

ArkMessenger Public Beta

After many long weeks working on it, ArkMessenger is finally (in my opinion) stable enough to have a public beta for many users to test it out.

Basically, ArkMessenger is a very simple text based messenger. It has very few fancy features as it is designed to be extremely lightweight and fast. Therefore, no voice chatting or file transferring capabilities have been built into ArkMessenger.

Some of the features of ArkMessenger:

• Group Conversations
  • Optional Encrypting of Personal Conversations
  • Changeable screen name and statuses
  • Windows fade in and out
  • One-Click registration
  • IRC Style Permission system in Group Conversations

That's a list of features off of the top of my head. The messenger itself is written entirely in VB.net, nothing else.

Here are two pictures of the main interface:

74951818.th.png96943859.th.png

You may download it in the attachment below.

ArkMessenger Beta.zip

Once you download it, you need to register. Simply fill in a username and a password (a different one than you use on RMXPU please), press register and wait for the confirmation. After that, just login and you're done! You are free to add "formlesstree4" as your first friend.

So I downloaded it, registered, and added you. Seems like it could be a good thing. Runs smooth and fast from what I can tell so far. I like the no-install. Works great for my flashdrive.

Looks good, will try it out later on.

EDIT: can you delete my account, I messed up my password, and I can't log back in :/

Heh.. silly Isaac.

I'm going to have to make a userbar for this sometime.

I'm having a major problem with it. Every time I click login, it keeps saying NOT RESPONDING and goes all bugy on me :(

I'm having a major problem with it. Every time I click login, it keeps saying NOT RESPONDING and goes all bugy on me :(

Think the server is down. Formless runs the server on his everyday computer.

Sorry about things not working. I had to shut down my computer, not to mention I am doing some server updates. I'm hoping it'll be online by about 3:00PM (Central Standard Time, -6)

If it's not, then check back here. I'll try to keep you all informed on what's going on, but right now, it's gonna be down for a bit.

Thanks for all who participated already! You helped me nail down some rather disturbing bugs (the chat room bug still creeps me out) and stress the system out a bit.

I hope to see you all online again later today!

Yeah I needed a Msn for my usb 

Thanks formlesstree4 now downloading 

btw I really hope to be finished someday ;)

Keep in mind that it currently is online. The server is offline till 3:00. Which is like 8 minutes..

I'm glad its back up. ^>^ This is going to be my main messenger nao. All though I wouldn't rely on it to much since its in its beat stage. But once all finalized it will definatly be my main one. Thanks for this one.

Totally. ^~^

We were thinking of name, and all we could think of was precious little arky.

Ok guys, heads up, you will need to re-register. I've moved ArkMessenger to an official server (courtesy of clone1018), so yeah, I didn't want to transfer users since I'm a lazy guy and it was much easier to transfer the 3 files to run the server and have you all re-register!

Anyway, shouldn't be an uptime issue now, lemme know how it works.

ALL THAT TYPING!

FOR NOTHING!

xD Great to hear about the new server.