New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
formlesstree4

ArkMessenger Public Beta

I will check to make sure the registration isn't broken, but I don't think it is.

EDIT: Something's up. The server cannot create the file. I'm not sure why. It's not throwing an error at all which is what's very weird. I register successfully, but then logging in doesn't work. I believe this is on the actual server OS, not ArkMessenger itself. I will check more permissions in a few.

EDIT 2: Well, it's not the OS, it's ArkMessenger. I don't know what i broke in the last update, so I've restored the server to an older build and now you can register. It's missing a few things, but nothing drastic. A few bugs have returned, so tread lightly until I fix registrations for the new build. Thanks for reporting this, I wouldn't have found it if nobody had said.

EDIT 3: Fixed the registration problem by simply rewriting the entire handler. It was easier and faster than I thought and I even simplified it a bit! Yay! Now I'm implementing a few more server side goodies for me... ^_^, keep testing it if you guys want.

No problem, glad I was able to fix it.

No updates yet, but a client update will be coming soon, so I urge everyone who has the messenger to please check back frequently for an update. I might move the project to SourceForge or even Google Code so people can keep track and even compile their own builds....not sure about it. The idea of having all of the client's source out there makes me uneasy, that someone can come about and manipulate the system. Meh, anyway, I'll think on it.

Logging in is broken? That's unusual. I'll look into it.

EDIT: I just logged in. Nothing seems wrong. You -might- have an old account still logged in. It doesn't allow multiple logins of the same user.

Excuse the double post, but I got permission to Open Source ArkMessenger entirely. You may access the project page here on SourceForge. The SVN will be kept updated to have the latest code for you to use and what not. It will not have binaries on it. You can wait for me to compile the binaries myself, or you can download Visual Studio 2010 and compile them yourself (Express Edition will work just fine, you won't be able to compile the Installer however...I might remove that).

EDIT: Yea, removed the installer. It wasn't going to help anyone really but me.

Edited by formlesstree4

Can you make it handle multiple logins of the same user. I reinstalled a whole OS and it still says logged in already.

Can you make it handle multiple logins of the same user. I reinstalled a whole OS and it still says logged in already.

you reinstalled your whole OS O.o?

anywas im gonna get adding more poeple, and everyone better add me... or else

Not sure why it thinks you're still logged in. Try properly logging out next time, I'll release a fix on the client for that soon.

i get unable to intialize error when i try to use it :(

Make sure you have the .NET Framework v2 installed.

Released a client update to coincide with a new server update as well, yay. The client update is just a line change behind the scenes to handle how the server does checking for offline people.

if its checking offline people, then that may explain why i keep getting sent the message :ping every few seconds

if its checking offline people, then that may explain why i keep getting sent the message :ping every few seconds

The new update should fix that. It's a blank message sent by the server that's now discarded. It was the only easy way I can do it at the moment. If the message fails to send, the exceptions trigger the client to be kicked off.

ooh right sorry, for some reason i thought the update was automatic :P ill dl the new one now

edit: yep, got the latest and is work fine :)

I just downloaded the application, extracted the archive, fired it up and when I registered, the application doesn't respond. Perhaps it is due to an offline server. (Read the reply to the post in the link below)

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/5162-arkmessenger-public-beta/page__view__findpost__p__43175

It is. Last I looked, I had turned off the server for upgrading some code and I didn't turn it back on due to some Interfaces still being buggy. I'll let you all know when I bring it back online.

cool ok then, i havnt been on recently anyway, same applies to msn, trying to get work done but i should be on once its back up

I completely forgot I was hosting this lol. if you still want me to host it just PM me. Note the server is now CentOS.

I completely forgot I was hosting this lol. if you still want me to host it just PM me. Note the server is now CentOS.

Well crap. It won't work even with Mono probably. It's alright though, I've kinda slowed down Ark's progress because well, I was overworking myself.

Not -impossible-, but with my skill level at the time it certainly would've been impossible.

To all: The system is being rewritten from scratch to attempt to clean it up some. I doubt anyone will use it at this point simply because of the lax of an actual server to use it on (yeah..Windows server or perhaps could get away with a Linux box running Mono..dunno) and that I can't continually update it like I'd like to.

I suppose things will be different when I get more free time and get a lot of the nasty core work done. Asynchronous Methods while multi-threading is no easy task.