New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

Yes! lol Really good job, especially with the effects added in. =3

Another reason for me to either get better at mapping, or recruit some mappers for my full-fledged game. xD

@ProjectTrinity:

xD Thank you! :3

@Kiriashi:

Both of your maps are amazing! I like what you did with the water in the second post, very nice! I also love where you placed all the trees!

Very beautiful maps!:3

Its been a while since I last posted a screenshot, I believe. I'm not the greatest mapper and I have taken some time off of RPGXP in order to create all my sprites, edited tilesets (treehouses and some other things) and even to search up tutorials on Ruby, which is still on going. So tonight, I decided to redo a map from before with the edited tileset (shadow on one of the trees I didn't use in the screenshots is still screwed up) to see how bad I got at mapping from my break.

This is a work in progress, though I will keep the tone as its important to the story...

(Game-play peak; tone used)

2saymog.jpg

10q04m9.jpg

(Full view; no tone)

4tni8y.jpg

52et0l.jpg

(edits still being made, especially to southern part of map xD)

Those look really nice! Keep up the good work man!

And cool I never realized there was a screenshot thread@! This may motivate to get a little further in my game progress

Wow! Crimson you truly have improved to new levels! Your map looks great! Totally flawless.

Thanks guys! There's still errors I have to take care of, like the treehouses. You can see the cut off on the sides, which I will hopefully be able to fix. :sweatdrop:

@Broken:

Do you mean I should add leaves...? :3

thanks :) It is only a concept afterall, so I'll be refining parts of the tiles to look cleaner or generally better

I won't be uploading pics anytime soon though, I've got heaps of work due for my ever nearing deadline again :( But all should be good after that :)

This should be stickied...Anyways xD

Thanks to the wonderful, awesome "kellessdee" for the light script. It will literally bring my maps, when I learn to map better, to life! Thank you so much kellessdee! I would say "credits in my game" but that's not enough (you will be added of course lol). :(

I will think of something, I promise! :33

I'm working on lighting for my games (as suggested :D) and I was wondering if my lighting is good? I'm aware people event light that flickers, which I will try and do, but I'm trying to learn baby steps so I don't overwhelm myself xD

(I think I'll lighten the cave up a bit...)

2s142zc.jpg

So? What do you guys think? Too bright of light, or anything? :sweat:

Thanks! :D

Edited by CrimsonInferno

I gotta say you're mapping looks really awesome (Crimson), i've seen you're previous posts, this is just as the others; one word: AWESOME!, continue with you're work, would love if you used rmvx, so i could ask you to join my project, damn!.

Hello, for the first time ever, i actually present a game to an other community than RRR, i would like to post a "scan" of my game, as said it isn't in fully development, it is a spare time thing, but i hope you enjoy the "scan", it is pretty large, so i put it in a spoiler

presentingcc.png

Edited by Calamity

Thank you Calamity! :biggrin_002: Still need practice though lol

Speaking of RMVX, I was messing around with parallel mapping last night. The map itself may not be good, I'm just getting the hang of this parallel mapping :sweatdrop:

72dkl4.jpg

Your bar looks good. The chairs and tables really stand out. I never was good at making mas for XP.

Thank you guy's im glad you like how the project looks :), makes me want to work even further and harder on it :D

Crimson: I really love what you did with the windows (for some reason i've never tried any of those type of effects before :) )

I really see you're getting good at it, i reccommend messing around with photoshop, with the grid system it is like mapping generally.

the bar overall looks really good, a nice looking place to take a break :D

PS: isn't funny how awesome maps rmvx can have using parrallex mapping, the thing i always hated about RMVX was it's maps, but with parralllex mapping i love it ( just that it takes time to produce )

Edited by Calamity

I was going to add light to the windows, but the windows came with the light in the tileset. :sweatdrop: I did add light to the candles, its just hard to see >.>

(Game-play peak; tone used)

2saymog.jpg

10q04m9.jpg

(Full view; no tone)

4tni8y.jpg

52et0l.jpg

(edits still being made, especially to southern part of map xD)

Where did you get that tileset? I really like it :D

This should be stickied...Anyways xD

Thanks to the wonderful, awesome "kellessdee" for the light script. It will literally bring my maps, when I learn to map better, to life! Thank you so much kellessdee! I would say "credits in my game" but that's not enough (you will be added of course lol). :(

I will think of something, I promise! :33

I'm working on lighting for my games (as suggested :D) and I was wondering if my lighting is good? I'm aware people event light that flickers, which I will try and do, but I'm trying to learn baby steps so I don't overwhelm myself xD

(I think I'll lighten the cave up a bit...)

2s142zc.jpg

So? What do you guys think? Too bright of light, or anything? :sweat:

Thanks! :D

Mind sharing that light script? Looks pretty neat.

Keep the great maps coming, everybody :D

I made the tileset (well, the tree houses and whatnot) :P

Sure, here is the thread where the script is. It doesn't generate the light, you have to create it still, but it allows you to easily place it on the map :)

A friend named Felipe made me a tut so I can practice. I still can't get purples/pinks or some blues to appear, its probably because of my Light script... :sweat: :sweat:

Here is an update of a different lighting system (try mimic of Felipe's :33):

14muvwj.jpg

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Crimson: dude i love those lightning effects, they look really awesome, or atleast that is my opinion.

and you're sprite looks awesome ( i kinda stalked you and watched as how you progressed as a spriter lol :) )

the sprite looks awesome good work, it will be fun playing you're game.

Thank you Calamity! The script kellessdee made for me and help from a few friends, have really helped my mapping. xD

Stalking is nice, as long as it doesn't go too far xD

The blue haired man, Edgar, was actually made by "Shiroiyuki" over at Save-Point, though. I do sprite for my game, but Edgar is Shiroiyuki's property :)

Crimson's parallax mapping in VX gave me inspiration to parallax map for my next game. Here's what I have so far.

The map consists of 3 different fogs and some leaves flying around. :D Iknow it doesn't seem like much yet, but I'll post more when I get more tiles.

2i8zx4x.jpg

333g709.jpg

9rlk4z.jpg

Edited by rgangsta

Your title looks great. The mapping seems fine. It seems to be lacking trees.

Thanks. :D I'm in the process of adding trees now. But I need a few tiles first.