New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

Wow, that looks really scary and oddly magically...hmm. I think it looks good, though a slight suggestion of mine would be to add a bit more vegetation to the top right corner, but overall I like it! Especially if the clouds are partly animated!

Thanks for the feedback on my screenshot! =)

There actually already are some green spots on the map with a few trees and flowers. As you already noticed, you can see a small excerpt of this at the top of the screenshot.

Editor view of a Beach Map...

P1.jpg

With a bit of weather...

P2.jpg

Nice and sunny...

P3.jpg

The Player isnt normally allowed to walk here, but just to show off some of the detail...

P4.jpg

Editor view of a Beach Map...

P1.jpg

With a bit of weather...

P2.jpg

Nice and sunny...

P3.jpg

The Player isnt normally allowed to walk here, but just to show off some of the detail...

P4.jpg

Those look really good to me! Nicely paced out, detailed and well placed.

Wow, nothing new hasn't been posted in 10 months. That's not good. :(

Well anyways, here's a screen shot of my main menu I just finished:

main%20menu.png

Everything is mouse clickable, but you can still use the keyboard to move the cursor around the screen instead of the mouse. Everything is done in sprites instead of windows do to the fact I'm only using images, so the game runs a bit faster. There's also 2 moving backgrounds, the states scroll to the left, and that circle in the middle spins. When I'm completely done with the menu I'll show a video in the my game thread. Enjoy the beauty :ok:

Thank you :P . The funny thing is that the coding isn't the issue, it's trying to figure out what to draw. Otherwise I would have two more scenes finished. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of the month of December.

I like the idea of the map, but I think you should randomize things a bit more. With the way things are now in some areas it seems a bit clustered, but overall, I actually kinda like it. Also, have you considered adding clouds or some form of fog/filter over the map?

I like the idea of the map, but I think you should randomize things a bit more. With the way things are now in some areas it seems a bit clustered, but overall, I actually kinda like it. Also, have you considered adding clouds or some form of fog/filter over the map?

Not for the purpose of that map.  The Map is part of a Demo for Super Event Sensor, which is available for download in my Sig (Collection, not Lightgeist).  There are reasons I didn't put in any Clouds on that map like I normally do.  Its a 50 x 50 Map so there is a LOT more to it than just what you see there.

So, can YOU find The Crumbling King?

CrumblingKing2.jpg

Edited by Heretic86

[image Here]

A sidescroller in RPG Maker? Interesting.

I wish I had a bit more to show on my current projects. I'll upload some screenshots from Hope Afloat Remastered when I get around to it, but here's a customization system I was working on earlier this month. I posted it in the status area, but here is probably more fitting:

jcnAqHS.gif

I've been meaning to, just that uni is sapping all of my time and motivation lately. Hopefully I'll have some more time before next term starts.

I wish I had a bit more to show on my current projects. I'll upload some screenshots from Hope Afloat Remastered when I get around to it, but here's a customization system I was working on earlier this month. I posted it in the status area, but here is probably more fitting:

jcnAqHS.gif

Love it, Tomo! I recognize that menu from a Resident Evil shooting system demo I got off a site somewhere. Did you make it?

I remember Hope Afloat from the cosmetic fog tutorial you did, and the maps looked great. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Everything in this thread looks amazing. Looks like I've got to work on getting a hang of the RMXP engine and try to improve my mapping skills. :P Seeing all this fantastic work makes me half depressed.

Edited by GermanyXItaly1000

Love it, Tomo! I recognize that menu from a Resident Evil shooting system demo I got off a site somewhere. Did you make it?

I remember Hope Afloat from the cosmetic fog tutorial you did, and the maps looked great. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Everything in this thread looks amazing. Looks like I've got to work on getting a hang of the RMXP engine and try to improve my mapping skills. :P Seeing all this fantastic work makes me half depressed.

I made that whole system from scratched, based off of that "check" function in the shooting system. I've revamped the engine so much it's crazy.. All the weapons with the new system are dynamic, and, rather than having a separate pistol for different settings or attachments, there's one weapon with ever-changing data.

I have a few maps from Hope Afloat Remastered, although they're a bit old. I'm sure I've posted them before, somewhere, sometime, but I'll post them again. Just remember that the screenshots are a bit old, and, some areas have been tweaked, others haven't, but, for the tweaked ones, I haven't gotten around to taking new screenshots yet. Just really busy. I'll get around to it soon enough :exhausted:

jeNDDMJ.png

The room you start in. Has been revamped a little since, but not much.

GeC7ht8.png

Really old image of the first area you enter immediately after the first room. I was thinking of doing some panorama mapping on this one, or maybe just re-spriting huge sections of it.

jzDRFEV.gif

I assure you, this looks way better in-game. You just can't make decent quality gifs using more than 256 colours, which makes your cosmetic fog layers look terrible, and which is why I favour .pngs. But this is an example of a cosmetic fog layer that changes. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't make the game go all choppy. The map has been hugely revamped since.

JDPLHYL.png

And here's a Legacy screenshot; a project I should really work on more. This was pretty much the last mapping I've gone in quite a while. I'll probably end up re-doing a lot of the Remastered maps with this style of mapping. Everything blends together much better.

Love your streets and buildings, Tomo. That menu--probably my favourite out of all the others I've browsed through. Can't imagine the pains you went through to piece it all together. :P 

Now that you've posted screenshots (which I recognize from the cosmetic fog tutorial), I'm even more excited.
(Your tutorial, btw, has been a huge help.)

Love your streets and buildings, Tomo. That menu--probably my favourite out of all the others I've browsed through. Can't imagine the pains you went through to piece it all together. :P

Now that you've posted screenshots (which I recognize from the cosmetic fog tutorial), I'm even more excited.

(Your tutorial, btw, has been a huge help.)

Thanks :grin: The menu took several hours of crying and screaming to get working, but it turned out really well. Sadly, I could probably get the game out faster if I gave 1/10th of a shit about mapping itself. I find that I boot up RPG Maker XP, open the project up, decide I'm going to do some work, realise there's mapping to do, and then close it again.

And it's good to hear the tutorial has helped :thumbsup: It really helps to build atmosphere and some cool lighting effects.

jcnAqHS.gif

Couldn't help but notice gangsta bullets. So everytime someone fires that gun, I'll pop out an punch a zombie in the face? kewlman.gif

Couldn't help but notice gangsta bullets. So everytime someone fires that gun, I'll pop out an punch a zombie in the face? kewlman.gif

Practically xD You have your default brands, and then some special brands, which differ from weapon categories to just exclusive to weapons themselves. The "Gangsta" brand turns pistols to dual-wield, and, yes, it is named after you. All the exclusive brands plan to be named after people on GDU.

Practically xD You have your default brands, and then some special brands, which differ from weapon categories to just exclusive to weapons themselves. The "Gangsta" brand turns pistols to dual-wield, and, yes, it is named after you. All the exclusive brands plan to be named after people on GDU.

That's pure badassery. :) I have a plan for this community in CyberDrive as well...  :shifty:  Is it weird that I love this emoji?

Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while D:

Because I'm a guy who doesn't bother with outside maps and cool stuff, I'm going to post a screenshot of a bar.

I'm not the only one involved in the game this screenshot is from, so I made the map and someone made the lighting. Ignore the floating envelope and the white line behind the cupboard, this is an old screenshot. :P Eventually we deleted the envelope and made the white line transparent.

screenshot_1_by_espada_kitsuki-d7o45ok.p

Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while D:

Because I'm a guy who doesn't bother with outside maps and cool stuff, I'm going to post a screenshot of a bar.

I'm not the only one involved in the game this screenshot is from, so I made the map and someone made the lighting. Ignore the floating envelope and the white line behind the cupboard, this is an old screenshot. :P Eventually we deleted the envelope and made the white line transparent.

screenshot_1_by_espada_kitsuki-d7o45ok.p

Nice stuff, Germany. This reminds me I have to finish your game sometime tonight. I really liked the mapping and lighting.

Here's two screenshots. The first is of the title screen.

New year, new graphics. I think this will be the finalized title screen. Can't see the fog well but it looks cool in motion.

aabtitle-9873.png

I posted this map in the blog but since I updated it today, I figured I should post it. It took a while but I finally got the floor reflections and lighting to something I'm happy with.

This is the intro scene for CyberDrive, so if you've played the demo, you know what happens here. The player will actually get to move in this scene; you'll notice by the new tutorial HUD. It'll be visible while you move. :D

d82office-9873.png

office2-9873.png

Nice stuff, Germany. This reminds me I have to finish your game sometime tonight. I really liked the mapping and lighting.

Here's two screenshots. The first is of the title screen.

New year, new graphics. I think this will be the finalized title screen. Can't see the fog well but it looks cool in motion.

aabtitle-9873.png

I posted this map in the blog but since I updated it today, I figured I should post it. It took a while but I finally got the floor reflections and lighting to something I'm happy with.

This is the intro scene for CyberDrive, so if you've played the demo, you know what happens here. The player will actually get to move in this scene; you'll notice by the new tutorial HUD. It'll be visible while you move. :D

d82office-9873.png

office2-9873.png

Wow, RGangsta, that looks phenomenal. When is Cyberdrive getting an update? Any time soon?

Wow, RGangsta, that looks phenomenal. When is Cyberdrive getting an update? Any time soon?

Hopefully soon. Omar and I have set a deadline for March. It's been almost 2 years since the demo was released. About time we updated the game.

*squints at date of last posted*

*contemplates consequences of necroposting*

... eh. I'd really like to revive this thread, though, so have a map.

the-beginning-and-the-end-09-03--27952.p

No, seriously, this thread seems super cool. I'd like to have more recent members see and maybe get interested in this kind of discussion. :D