New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

Thanks, Crimson. To tell you the truth, the screen isn't tinted. The fogs blended together is causing it to look like that. Cool huh?

Rgangsta; welcome to the world of parrallax mapping lol :D, no just kidding, but seriously looks good, just continue adding trees and such, looking forward to see the full product :)

Updates on my Lighting

1pghav.jpg

34gk0oo.jpg

So...? I've been working on my lighting skills with the help of Kelle's script (I mentioned earlier), so what do you guys think?

Here are some of my work I got and wanted a review and anything I can work on please reply

post-19803-0-39368600-1307421889_thumb.jpg

THANKS =)

post-19803-0-02112400-1307421864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.Fiasco

moresnet.png

Started mapping a new town for my game Ascension. I'm still experimenting but I like this style. Any comments?

I love this...

I promise I'll upload some new screenshots of Hope Afloat Remastered after I finish improving a few things :D Oh, also, hoooly... -shifty eyes- No swearing... Aaanyway. Everybody is getting waaay better at mapping and Im not :/ But nah, you guys are making some amazing maps! Especially crimson. I've always been a fan of your maps :3 And you just keep getting better and better and better and... you get the point ;) .

Updates on my Lighting

1pghav.jpg

34gk0oo.jpg

So...? I've been working on my lighting skills with the help of Kelle's script (I mentioned earlier), so what do you guys think?

Looks great! Love the lighting script your using and the mapping seems to be very good imo, I can't really spot anything to improve. Well, maybe the crystal shard circle lights are too sharp for my liking

Here are some of my work I got and wanted a review and anything I can work on please reply

THANKS =)

I like the thrid screenshot, its nice :) For the 1st and 2nd pictures, I'd day add a little more detail as they look a bit plain atm, but not too plain, also the tree looks odd with the hedge type auto tile :P but apart form that, it's good

Looks great! Love the lighting script your using and the mapping seems to be very good imo, I can't really spot anything to improve. Well, maybe the crystal shard circle lights are too sharp for my liking

I like the thrid screenshot, its nice :) For the 1st and 2nd pictures, I'd day add a little more detail as they look a bit plain atm, but not too plain, also the tree looks odd with the hedge type auto tile :P but apart form that, it's good

thanks I guess my problem is my maps are to plain I will work on it today

Oh wow Crimson.. you've come a long way! :3

@ Mr. Fiasco, here are some quick tips to help you get a second version of your map, and we can work from there:

Red Circles: WRONG USAGE

These autotiles are to be used sparingly, and they always need a path under them.

You have them going off that path, which is not good.

The whole point is to make it look like there are holes in the path where grass is growing due to being warn out from overuse.

Blue Circles: MORE VARIATION.

These areas are bland and need to be spiced up.

In the case of the tall grass, use the circle and line grass pieces to add variety to the grass patterns. If you upload the grass tileset I'll show you what I mean.

With the overhead tree tiles (Which I don't really like anyways so if it was up to me I'd get rid of em'), just spread them out more.

Lime Green/Yellow Circles: MORE TREES

This
is
a forest, isn't it? Forests have trees. Lots of trees. I shouldn't be able to look at your map and count the trees with one hand. x3

You could also add some tall grass below some of the trees, and put flowers and stuff around them.

Black Circle: WHAT HAPPENED

Why did your path just stop? Why is there a gap in the river? Extend the River all the way so the two lines are connected.

Now add a bit of path to the lower portion of the map, and connect the to sides of the river with a bridge.

Orange Circle: MUSHROOM WEEE

Just move the mushroom to a shaded area like under a tree. That's it. :3

Dark Slate Gray
NEED SUPPORT

These sections of your map need support from trees. Just put some trees under the leaves.

postedimageb.jpg

Oh wow Crimson.. you've come a long way! :3

@ Mr. Fiasco, here are some quick tips to help you get a second version of your map, and we can work from there:

Red Circles: WRONG USAGE

These autotiles are to be used sparingly, and they always need a path under them.

You have them going off that path, which is not good.

The whole point is to make it look like there are holes in the path where grass is growing due to being warn out from overuse.

Blue Circles: MORE VARIATION.

These areas are bland and need to be spiced up.

In the case of the tall grass, use the circle and line grass pieces to add variety to the grass patterns. If you upload the grass tileset I'll show you what I mean.

With the overhead tree tiles (Which I don't really like anyways so if it was up to me I'd get rid of em'), just spread them out more.

Lime Green/Yellow Circles: MORE TREES

This
is
a forest, isn't it? Forests have trees. Lots of trees. I shouldn't be able to look at your map and count the trees with one hand. x3

You could also add some tall grass below some of the trees, and put flowers and stuff around them.

Black Circle: WHAT HAPPENED

Why did your path just stop? Why is there a gap in the river? Extend the River all the way so the two lines are connected.

Now add a bit of path to the lower portion of the map, and connect the to sides of the river with a bridge.

Orange Circle: MUSHROOM WEEE

Just move the mushroom to a shaded area like under a tree. That's it. :3

Dark Slate Gray
NEED SUPPORT

These sections of your map need support from trees. Just put some trees under the leaves.

postedimageb.jpg

thanks Ill try to work on it right now thanks for all that

Thanks Kiriashi! :33

I have finally fixed the tree shadow problem I had! Now I'm back onto the workings of the tileset. I'm trying to get flowers on my trees by marking with events so I can get a screenshot of it, paste it and then edit the tileset to the exact placement of how its placed. I wanted to add some varity to the trees, and so far this is what I have. Its a bit hard because my tree settings makes whatever I put over it, under it. :sweatdrop:

*Please ignore the thief dude. I was testing an event earlier and I forgot to remove him. xD

2vvkizo.jpg

33wp2l4.jpg

Thanks Shiny :)

If I ever complete it and destroy all the errors, I don't see why not. :biggrin_002: It could be a while though :(

I finally got 2 screenies to show you from Hope Afloat Remastered. It's taken FAAR too long to get just 2 screenshots up (I've got other maps completely just not lighting and touch-ups). Here they are:

New Title Screen:

Its an on-map title screen, so the rain actually flows. The paranorama in the background I made myself with Photoshop. Originally I was going to upgrade the graphics for the raft but I think I'll keep it as-is... I just love that freaking raft :yes:

hopeafloatle.png

An in-game screenshot:

Oh, I forgot. I redid the main heroes sprite so that it fit RTP more than it previously did. Anyway, this is the starting building. Some lighting and new tileset but thats about it, really. Hope you guys like it:

hopeafloat.png

Thanks Kiriashi! :33

I have finally fixed the tree shadow problem I had! Now I'm back onto the workings of the tileset. I'm trying to get flowers on my trees by marking with events so I can get a screenshot of it, paste it and then edit the tileset to the exact placement of how its placed. I wanted to add some varity to the trees, and so far this is what I have. Its a bit hard because my tree settings makes whatever I put over it, under it. :sweatdrop:

*Please ignore the thief dude. I was testing an event earlier and I forgot to remove him. xD

2vvkizo.jpg

33wp2l4.jpg

Think about where you place stumps! xD Sometimes they just don't fit.

I finally got 2 screenies to show you from Hope Afloat Remastered. It's taken FAAR too long to get just 2 screenshots up (I've got other maps completely just not lighting and touch-ups). Here they are:

New Title Screen:

Its an on-map title screen, so the rain actually flows. The paranorama in the background I made myself with Photoshop. Originally I was going to upgrade the graphics for the raft but I think I'll keep it as-is... I just love that freaking raft :yes:

hopeafloatle.png

That lighting does wonders!

An in-game screenshot:

Oh, I forgot. I redid the main heroes sprite so that it fit RTP more than it previously did. Anyway, this is the starting building. Some lighting and new tileset but thats about it, really. Hope you guys like it:

hopeafloat.png

I spent a few hours on this map. I think it looks like a great field.

fieldcopy.png

Nah just kidding. I want to improve my little town/village but don't know how.

mytown.png

Nah just kidding. I want to improve my little town/village but don't know how.

mytown.png

It might just be me...but the paths look a little too straight to me...

I would probably suggest decreasing the number of trees, maybe replace a few trees in the town itself with a few stumps, and to put in some foliage 'cause to me the ground looks pretty bare.

that's my two cents anyway, take it however you will :)

Edited by UrHappyPlz

zaphires? is that a typo? but apart from that its a pretty cool screenshot :alright:

999th post

I think it looks decent enought, i cant see anything wrong with it.

vhsh.png

Okay, i am starting to link the storie of this fangame with the history of the real Resident Evil. The point of that Screen is to show a video (yes, it actually shows a video) about the history behind the creation of the virus T, william birkin and Marcus. After that Vincent is gonna recover part of his memory ;D

pol, i just noticed the house in the bottom left of your village has a tree growing on it :D

edit- here is a town i have made, what you guys think?

post-19396-0-43946200-1308178433_thumb.png

Edited by diagostimo

pol, i just noticed the house in the bottom left of your village has a tree growing on it :D

edit- here is a town i have made, what you guys think?

post-19396-0-43946200-1308178433_thumb.png

Actually it doesnt. since the tiles are set for a lower priority they appear behind the house in game :) Little tileset lesson lol.

Nice town. you just need to add some more ground decoration.

lols i did no that, it just passed my head when i looked at it lol, iv also been at work with the cave you can see at the back there ...

edited:

post-19396-0-38710600-1308245844_thumb.png

post-19396-0-87735300-1308245835_thumb.png

Edited by diagostimo