New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bigace360

Warriors Episode I

WarriorsEpisodeIBanner.png

WarriorsseriesLogo-2.pngWarriorsEntertainmentStudios01-1.png

Title: Warriorz Episode I: Legacy of the Prophecy Code

Maker: RPG Maker XP

Creator: Anthony "Bigace" Clark

Project Start: June 21, 2009

Team: Solo

Other Projects: None. This will be my first RMXP game.

Release Status: To Be Announce

3505-warriors-e.jpg

Warriors Episode I: The Legacy of the Prophecy Code is a role-playing game and the first of the Warriors series. The game runs on RMXP which is a Enterbrain built engine.

Creators Notes:

Hey there, figured I'd give a little background story before I get into the Game. This games concept, story, and some graphics created entirely by me, owner of Warriorz Entertainment Studios save for some graphics and scripts I used which all will be given credit too in due time.

BUT…Anyways, I’ve been trying to make a game ever since 2007 when I found RPG maker XP, but all my projects ended up being scrapped due to loss of interest and horrible…horrible story writing and plotlines. But finally in early summer I finally got most of my ideals together and started back to work. A little mapping here, a little creation there, and before you knew it I was totally back into it, using my Photoshop skills to create custom/edited sprites, maps, pictures, I knew I finally had the chance to create my own game, after hundreds of times This Game would be the one I’d finish.

Now Warriors Episode I itself actually looked quite different when I started, as a matter of fact I redid the entire game (well what I had so far) 4 times now, revamping the story, redoing sprites, changing the names of countries and some people.

I think the time spend was worth it, after all this will probably be my first complete and LAST complete game I work on by myself.

So I hope you enjoy what I'm about to show you, and structured critique is ALWAYS welcome.

Storyline.png

Prologue

Still Writing

Past

In the beginning of Onogoroshima History, centuries before the founding of city states, it was an age of endless war between multiple clans and then there existed the God of Evil, Amatsu-Mikaboshi. Mikaboshi plagued the world of despair and chaos until the Great Sage appeared and defeated him then sealed him within Yomi, which he was praised as a god by virtue of his victory. After evil kami’s defeat, the Sage travelled throughout the world, spreading his ideas and religion, and the art of magic. His great deeds and true desire to bring peace to the war-torn world made him widely known as the Savior of this World.

Although he had successfully sealed Mikaboshi, his power was so great that the god could rise again. Aware of this, the Sage used his ability known as Creation of All things to divide his spiritual energy into fourteen spiritual beings, and then sealed them into seven elemental crystals and seven sacred items. At his death bed, he gave his seven children and their descendants the power to wield each of the Occuria’s to use against Mikaboshi when he is resurrected. The Sage would leave behind a tablet for his descendants, detailing his own history with the Kami how to defeat him when the time comes.

The Sage's ultimate wish to establish peace throughout the world was a goal that could never be achieved within his lifetime alone. By the time of the formation of countries on Onogoroshima, the Elemental Crystals were handed down to five major countries, while the Light and Dark crystals were lost in the sands of time.

Story

For Centuries, a war between the Amaterasu Empire and the other Great Empires have waged on over land and power, leaving most of the small countries in their paths only to be swallowed up by the war. As war looms on the horizon again, the mighty Amaterasu Empire begins another campaign to subjugate its remaining neighbors. After the Empire of Sarutahiko’s fell, only the Susanoo and Tsukuyomi Empires stands in their way, and it is here that our hero’s tale begins.

In a fight for peace, fallen royalty and unlikely allies must struggle to fight for their homeland. Trace the mysteries behind a thousand year old war and unmask the players in a drama of justice and betrayal.

Gameplay.png

As with most of RPG's, the player characters will level, gain skills, cast magic, Limit Breaks, and fight monsters.

Characters Development

In order to gain levels, the player must defeat enemies in battle to earn Experience Points (EXP). Only alive members receive EXP from felled opponents. Certain bosses like the Occuria give no EXP.

Skills and Magic are one of the three principal forms of attack in the series; the other being physical attacks. Although the specific features of the ability system vary significantly from game to game, many concepts have remained consistent throughout the course of the series.

Battle System

Warriors Episode I uses the Conditional Turn-Based Battle (CTB) system similar to Final Fantasy X’s battle system. At its most basic, CTB is a turn-based system, which does not operate in rounds; the order of the turns does not guarantee each participant in a battle will have an equal number of turns. The system is distinguished from Active Time Battle system by the fact that when a character's turn begins, all action stops while the player decides upon an action. This shifts the focus from reflexes and quick decision-making to strategy and careful planning. The player is also able to change characters on the go during battle.

A Reiryoku Drive is Warriors Episode I’s version of Limit Breaks. Reiryoku Drives are powerful attacks which can be utilized when a character's Reiryoku Drive bar has been filled. While some abilities can be shared between all characters, each character also has their own Overdrive skillset that can be learned by beating certain bosses or acquiring skill scrolls from chest. The Blitz drive is also added which requires button inputs to increase their effectiveness.

Ammunition Requirements: Characters that use guns in the game require the player to buy ammunition at the market in order to use their weapons. Ganjutsu skills also require bullets to execute them.

Game System

•  
  • New Game+ - Essentially, once you beat the game, you can then use this option to restart the game with all your items and skills from the previous file.
  • Full-Screen Mode – Full Screen selection before title screen.
  • Skip Scene – Allows for scenes to be skipped.
  • Day/ Night and Weather System – During normal game play, the game has a night and day while during certain areas have different weather effects.
  • Save / Teleport Crystals - Save points come in the form of Save Crystals that come in two colors; blue, the standard Save Crystal, and orange, a Gate Crystal that can also teleport the player to other Gate Crystals. A total of nine Save Crystals take the form of Crystalbugs, monsters that attack once the player inspects the crystal. Upon defeat, they turn into real Save Crystals.
  • Skill Shops – A shop where you buy skills for a designated character.
  • Crafting – A system that allows for creating or upgrading items in the game.
  • Banking – Unlike most RPG’s where you gain money every time you defeat an enemy, in Episode I the player must sell items in order to gain money. Addition to that the player has a bank account where they gain interest during the story mode. The player can also create an interest bond while using the banking system.
  • Quest Log – NPC’s may ask for your help with more mundane matters. All side quests are optional, but completing them is a good way to earn EXP, Party SP, (occasionally) rare item rewards.
  • Bazaar - The Bazaar is a special shop menu in Warriors Episode I. Whenever a player sells enough quantities of certain loot, new items will become available. The bazaar can be accessed from any shop, and all item quantities sold are carried over to every shop. Some of the game's strongest armor can only be obtained here.

Field Skills

•  
  • Harvesting – Allows you to harvest items at harvesting points. (Sophia)
  • Jumping – some areas in the game allow the player to jump to.
  • Mining – Allows you to mine ores at mining points in caves and tunnels.
  • Rock Smash – Allows the player to shatter breakable walls
  • Sprinting – The player gains a short burst of energy
  • Stealth – Allows you to hide from enemies on the field for a limited time. (Neji)
  • Swimming – Allows the player to swim in some the water sources. (Andre)
  • Trap Evasion - Reduces the amount of damage taken from traps on the field. (Masahiro)

Mini Games

•  
  • Susanoo Olympic Colosseum - The Battle Colosseum is a recurring feature of the Warriors series. Inside, party members fight monsters for cash and item prizes. The Arena houses a sidequest that is used for both storyline purposes and is available after storyline events, Chapter 4 – Act III: The Crystal of Light.
  • Celestial Weapons - Each playable character in the game has their own distinctive Ultimate Weapon, which require some hard work and traveling to acquire.
  • Fishing – Player can fish for prizes or just gain food for their journey saving money from actually having to buy any.
  • Lightning Dodging - Player must dodge lightning bolts in the Thunder Plains.

Setting.png

Immerse yourself in a world that has been devastated by war for many centuries. Onogoroshima, Onogoro Island, is an entire geographical continent in the world of Expel that consists of five major countries though only small regions of each are explored. Geographically the continent consists of a large body mass with eight mini islands off the west coast. Most of the continent is particularly mountainous while other parts are rolling plains, deserts, or forests.

The map shows the continent once under control of many countries, but now mostly under the control of the Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Susanoo, and Uzume Empires. The Continent is populated by humans that are based off Japanese Shinto mythology. There also consist of two other realms which are two foci points of the story; Yomi, which is the Japanese version of hell, and Takamagahara, a realm where the powerful kami of Japanese mythology live.

Races.png

In the world of the Warriors Episode I & II there exist many races outside the living Human beings. Below is a brief explanation of them.

Demon

Living, but non-human and animal, creatures and the main antagonist of Warriors episode I & II. They are creatures who reside in Yomi but travel to the living world to feed on the souls of the living and dead alike. While the majority of Demons can be overcome by the spiritually strong Humans, there are some which surpass even the most elite Humans in strength. All demons are placed into class system of strength with strongest as S class and the weakest as E class.

Fiends

Animals or plants that have merged with demons and who roam the Continent of Izanagi. After merging with a demon, some animals and plants retain their form while others can morph into something more vicious creature.

Hanyo

By fusing their demon powers with human spirit energy, these demons regain the ability to reason, sometimes obtain a Humanoid form, and gain access to human powers transcend their abilities.

Human

The Humans of the Warriors Series are much like any other human, weak but dominate. Some humans become either fighters or Magicians, and a few amongst them have particularly strong spiritual power and can fight on even ground with Demons. Many Humans have an abiding attraction to power, which is why some dabble in demon magic. Their insatiable will to power is the cause of the constant fury that has been consuming Izanagi for centuries. However, the race’s deep-seated curiosity and desire for knowledge has driven the creation of innovative ways and technologies. Sophisticated and stable internal political systems, stunning and nuanced architecture, and the dogged pursuit of a better, more secure life are the culmination of the human race.

Kami

Gods of the ancient kingdom of Takamagahara. They are creators of all life and reason in the universe.

Metahuman

A group of humans who have also obtained Demon powers through “illegal” means, by absorbing multiple amounts of demon energy, merging with many demons, or summoning the Mikaboshi full destructive power.

Occuria

Deities created by the great sage who are sealed into special crystals. Each spirit has a domain over one of the 7 elements.

Transcendental

Someone who has mastered and surpassed all human and demon arts of combat. Those who have done this reside on the same dimensional plane as a God, creating incredible feats such as producing the 7 elemental crystals. Only two known creatures have been known to do this: The great sage (human) and Mikaboshi (demon).

Characters.png

Warriors Episode I feature eight playable characters, who are slowly assembled when their journey is just in the beginning stage. One character becomes the major antagonist through majority of the story before returning to the hero’s side later in the story. There are also eight temporary characters that join the party during the course of the game during only certain events. Although the game focuses on each of the playable characters equally, Andre Hariken is the main character of the game. The main playable characters are all human.

Playable Characters

Andre.png

Hitomi.png

Kisuke.png

Masahiro.png

Neji.png

Sehyung.png

Sophia.png

Brian.png

[table=Temporary Playable Characters]

TemporaryCharacters.png

Non-Playable Characters

Rikken Abe:The new Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 1st Division (Magic Division) during chapter 3. Previously he was the 2nd Seated Captain until promotion.

Shido Reinzu: The Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 2nd Division (News and Investigations Division).

Lyle Raingoddo: He is the former Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 3rd Division (Tactic and Strategies Division) after being supposely killed after the Battle at the Forbidden Desert.

Tatsuki Orochi: She is the sister to the king of the Orochi Clan and the Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 5th Division (Stealth Force Division).

Juushirou; Nishimura: The Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 6th Division (Research and Development Division). He opens the Crafting System for Andre and Company to use, while giving him advice.

Ritz Kobayashi: The Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 9th Division (The Medical/supply division).

Mashu Shimura: The Former Commander General of the Tsukuyomi Military's 1st Division, before defecting to the Amaterasu Empire when his plans to overtake the Tsukuyomi Empire and become God-Emperor. He is now the sixth Judge Master of the Amaterasu Empire.

Emperor Ninigi Mikoto: He is a storyline boss and the secondary main antagonists of Warriors Episode I. Emperor Ninigi is leader of the Amaterasu Empire and his main goal is rule everything, or does he have some type of other agenda.

Mikaboshi-Amatsu: He is the primary antagonist of Warriors Episode I & II. He is the fallen god of evil and of the stars, specifically the pole star that was defeated by the Great Sage 2000 years before the current storyline. He is the mastermind of the Elite Demon Army and main reason of all the pain and suffering in the world. His main goal is to return everything to darkness.

Hitoke Yamatai

She is a antagonists of Warriors Episode I and the leader of the infamous Onmyoji Clan.

Organizations & Nations

Amaterasu Empire: is one of the main political powers, one of the three remaining superpowers on the continent of Onogoroshima, and can be considered the primary antagonist of the world of Warriors Episode I. The empire has a powerful military consisting of many fractions. One of its most notable is the Amaterasu Judges. The Empire is based off of the Mythology goddess of the sun Amaterasu.

The Amaterasu Judges are the de facto guardians of law and order in the Amaterasu Empire and commanders of the Amaterasu military. They are also the elite guards of Imperial Household.

Onmyoji Clan: is a cult that is made up of sorcerers or members of high ranking families that attempt to awaken Mikaboshi full destructive power and use against their enemies.

Susanoo Empire: is one of the three remaining superpowers, and unlike the other countries, Susanoo is the only country that is made up entirely of islands. Other than the First Continental War, Susanoo is the only country that hasn’t been affected by the war, closing its doors just right after the Amaterasu Empire began its campaign on ruling the entire continent. Due to this, details about Susanoo are scarce until the Fourth Continental War where the Tsukuyomi Empire sent Hitomi’s group to ask for help in the ensuring war.

Tsukuyomi Empire: The Tsukuyomi Empire is one of the largest and most powerful countries in the series, and the home of the main characters of the game. The main source of military power in the empire is the Tsukuyomi Nine Divisions Military.

Yomi: Yomi is the realm in which horrible creatures guard the exits. It is a “polluted land” where the dead go to dwell and apparently rot indefinitely. Once one has eaten at the hearth of Yomi it is impossible to return to the land of the living. It’s also the home to all the demons in the world. The most notable is Mikaboshi’s Elite Demons, which the primary antagonist group next to the Amaterasu Empire.

The Elite Demons are S class, top-ranked Demons in Mikaboshi’s army of Demon-Mortal hybrids. They are the most powerful demons, and are the main antagonist groups of Warriors Episode I & II.

Screenshots.png

Warning:Screenshots are kind of outdated and will be updated in a couple of weeks so bare with me on this one. Sorry fo the inconvience, just needed screentshots.

Menu Screenshots

Battle Screenshots

Scene Screenshots

Map Screenshots

Credits.png

Creative Director:

Anthony "BigACE" Clark

Lead Designer:

Anthony "BigACE" Clark

Writer:

Anthony "BigACE" Clark

System Engineering:

Enterbrain - RMXP

Mapping:

Anthony "BigACE" Clark

Mr.Fiasco

Dragon324

Kirishi

Animation:

Anthony "BigACE" Clark

Graphics:

Anthony "BigACE" Clark

Nexon

Various Artists (I'll get back to ya'll on that)

Scripting:

Anthony “Bigace” Clark,

Zeriab,

Leon_Westbrooke,

Enu,

Noobitron,

Game_guy,

Ccoa,

Modern algebra,

El Conducter,

Fyre,

Leon,

Synthesize,

XRXS Scripter (Jap Dudes),

Hunter x,

Rune,

Night_Runner,

The Law G14,

Trickster,

Selwyn,

Rataime,

DerVVulfman,

Hawk-McKain,

Near Fantastica,

SephirothSpawn,

coolmariners98,

azrith001,

Mr Wiggles,

Shana Na,

Summer,

Kain Nobel

Sound Design & Music:

Rpg maker XP original Music & Sounds

Beta Testers:

N/A

Special Thanks to:

Night_Runner (Edited Scripts)

Paradelous (Edited Music)

Rpg Rpg Revolution

Creation Asylum

RpgmakerVX.com

RMVXP

Special thanks for the Enu Sideview battle system:

1. Shu (for translation help)
  2. Moonlight (for her passionate bug support for this script)
  3. NightWalker (for his community support for this script)
  4. XRXS (for the script of damage gravity, which was modified and
  5. used as the system's base of damage exibition)
  6. Squall (for the FF styled damage script, which was modified
  7. and added to the damage exibition system)
  8. KGC (for the STBreaker script, which was the base for the
  9. attribute limit system)
  10. Herena Isaberu (for her support in XP version bug fixes)
  11. Enu (for making an awesome battle system)

Want to become an supporter then add this to you signture:

Supporter.png

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy94/Bigace360/RMXP/Supporter.png

gallery_9661_77_158789.gif

http://rpgrevolution.com/forums/uploads/1260423801/gallery_9661_77_158789.gif

Edited by bigace

This looks interesting. I'll make sure to keep up on this topic and DL the demo when it comes out. Lol, and, also it looks like you're using that map tileset that comes with the XAS ABS for your title screen.

This looks interesting. I'll make sure to keep up on this topic and DL the demo when it comes out. Lol, and, also it looks like you're using that map tileset that comes with the XAS ABS for your title screen.

Actally the whole title screen is his script I just edited, I'll credit him when I finish menu system. I hate the original. I'll some more data on the non-playable characters and data in the organization section when I finish with the mapping in chapter 1. try and guess how many times I trashed my maps. :sweatdrop:

Thanks for the reply though I appriecate it.

Edited by bigace

Your project will spark a lot of interest. Did you make the title screen? It looks very good.

Good luck

Your project will spark a lot of interest. Did you make the title screen? It looks very good.

Good luck

Everything but he map is made by me in that titlescreen. The map in the back and the core script was by Moghunter, and thank you for that I apprieciate it. :lol:

Edited by bigace

project card has been added, it that means anything.

I'll add the Menu system next week to show you, as of right now I'm still working on it. Next week will be the beta stage, with some bugs to fix.

Battle system still needs work if anyone is willing to help script it.

Edited by bigace

UPDATE: Feature List has been updated for your pleasures. I'll be adding a new feature later, which is similar to FFTA & FFTA2 job Board at the pub. The script allows for the player to send your troops out on missions to gain money and resources. This will be my second script that I've made that isn't a core script from MogHunter.

Next Update I'll add the info for the enemies section and screenshots, and after that the first Demo should be out.

Edited by bigace

BetrayelScene.png

"Don't forget I'm more stronger and more superior one here!"

It is improper to use the word MORE before the word STRONGER because of how you used it; this also applies to the MORE before SUPERIOR. I suggest, "Don't forget who the stronger and superior one here is!"

"Even with the combined strength of you two, you guys are still on the same level."

The second part makes no real sense either, but also feels like an incomplete sentence when reading it, plus it clashes with the first sentence. I would suggest, "Even with your combined strength, you two are far from being on the same level as me."

So combined it reads, "Don't forget who the stronger and superior one here is! Even with your combined strength, you two are far from being on the same level as me."

OR you could use, "Don't forget who the stronger and superior one here is! Even with your combined strength, you two are no match for me."

EDIT: ALSO

[quote name='bigace' timestamp='1289554498' post='50707']
Menu Screenshots
[spoiler][/spoiler] 
[/quote]

Did you leave that spoiler empty for a reason or forgot to add the image?

Edited by Kage Kazumi

It is improper to use the word MORE before the word STRONGER because of how you used it; this also applies to the MORE before SUPERIOR. I suggest, "Don't forget who the stronger and superior one here is!"

The second part makes sense, but also feel like an incomplete sentence when reading it, plus it clashes with the first sentence. I would suggest, "Even with your combined strength, you two are far from being on the same level as me."

So combined it reads, "Don't forget who the stronger and superior one here is! Even with your combined strength, you two are far from being on the same level as me."

OR you could use, "Don't forget who the stronger and superior one here is! Even with your combined strength, you two are no match for me."

Oh sorry those are old screen shots, I only used those because rules say you need screenshots. Meaning I haven't really revised my story script since then, even the battle system is kind of old. I'll update screen shots in like 2 weeks maybe less depends on school and how fast I get things done. Anything else on the thread that you think you need revising would be nice though.

Edited by bigace

You're really working hard in this project. Congratulations.

It looks interesting so keep on; I'm sure you'll be proud of the game when you'll finish it.

UPDATE:

•  
  • Organization Flags have been added;
  • Hitomi's info has been added to the Main Characters section;
  • Amatersu Empire & Yokai Empire character info has been added to the Enemies Section.

Next update will be screenshots, hoping to release the demo in january

Edited by bigace

Update: Two map screenshots :drool:

Forest of Death Part 1

EC20ForestofDeath.png

Forest of Death Part 2

EC20ForestofDeath2.png

If you guys were wondering why both maps don't connect, it's because there is a time interval in between them. The Whole first two parts of chapter 1 is linear, while rest of the game is open world. Just case anyone was wonder why there was interval.

Edited by bigace

BUMP

Come on people, all this information here and no one has nothing to say. I even posted two maps someone post something that is informative and not just tell me "i'm doing a good job" and "it looks good" because there could something off that needs to fix in my games thread. Positive or critism is needed to sometimes help advance a game people.

Edited by bigace

I reccomend you get a more original title battleground. I see that one a lot, mainly when used with Moghunters FireEmblem Animated Title.

Uh that's because it is Moghunters Animated Title, i've said that like 3 times.

BUMP

If any ever looks in this section anymore <_<

I'll be releasing a small demo soon the battle system once i get it up to where i want to be with this battle tournament that comes in later. So far i haven't actually seen any RGSS scriptors but any of you do exsist i really do need help. Also like i've said a million of times, feed back would be nice however nothing on the title it's been said like 5 times already choose something new out of all that context. I mean theres screenshots in there too.

lol, march last year okay. So not yet a update but an announcement.

Okay the CMS is almost ready for a pre-view video, just need to complete the Bestairy and the custom graphics. Then back to Revelations the Demon Slayer Game. After I finish the mapping in the other game I'll return here for the battle system and then I should be somewhere close to Alpha stage.

It is august now any more news yet? An update would be nice.

I'm working on the menu system and Battle System, so due to the lack of help 50% of it is on hiatus as I can't find any mappers that will actually you know, map. They say they will and just dissappear, so until I can get a mapper that will actually stay do there job it's going to take while. The characters and gameplay is all written out, I just have to finish the story, menu system, battle system, and mapping. Sorry for your inconvience.

Wow this game looks pretty cool...

Criticism....mmmmm.....Maybe if u can possibly create a small teaser demo?This will give us a feeling of the game and we'll be able to criticize it....Lol...if there's anything to criticize...

But yeah..I'll be folowing this...maybe it'll motivate me to continue with my project....Scripting is not my thing...and not to mention finding a CBS for my project..Youve seen me asking about the SBS...yeah....

But yeah the thing that I cant criticize about at all is the way you introduced your characters.Its pretty awesomebiggrin.png