New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
evil sgt death

IGM experience anybody?

So I'm thinking today about where I'm taking my current project (RMXP) and I had already planned for it to be episodic. Roughly 1-2hrs each one. I'm thinking for episode 2 to make it a run & gun shooter, a la Metal Slug, Midnight Resistance (look at me getting retro!) etc.

Now I haven't had much time so haven't downloaded and tested the demo of Indie Game Maker but I'm aware that this engine is capable of making this kind of game.

I would like to know if any one here has any experience with it.

I would like to know if working with IGM is in any way similar to RMXP? Will I be able to carry the skills learnt over to it? Is the tileset system and spriting system similar? (I am aware I will only be working in the side view right to left world now as opposed to RMXP's almost top down view).

I'm a while off actually doing anything with this just yet but thought I'd see if any of you guys had worked with this engine?

Thanks

Sarge

I downloaded the demo once. It was really terrible to me. You're better off doing it through XP.

IGM isn't awful , it's just very different from RMXP and Enterbrain kind of throws you in there without guidance, so the learning curve is quite steep. Only get it if you can figure out how to use it well.

IGM isn't really supported by Rpg Maker Community all that much yet, Its so new ppl are still trying to figure it out. Heck RMVX only recently started to pick up momentum

I'm quite a way off yet so think I'll wait to see if it gets a bit more momentum and support. Thanks for your thoughts though guys