New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

The cat starts out understanding english, then learns spanish so they can understand the people in the Spanish quarter. for example

It might be interesting to have 'languages' as a skillset, and the languages could be represented simply by different fonts once you learned the language. If you didn't attain the specific said language skill, the text could be left untranslated so if it was German you'd see the actual German text unless the cat could translate German, then you'd have a german font translated into english.

So you'd either have to know, translate or learn the actual language, or attain the skill to translate it into English. It would be yet another way to keep people out of areas we don't want them walking around yet, lol if the cat couldn't translate something he could occasionally shout something like 'WTF!' or maybe that could be another downfall is that he can't respond properly lol, if he has a german convo without german skill all the options could show up as 'WTF!' haha...

I've been working on some stuff for this game myself, custom tilesets for a game zone reality section I'm working on, so far the graphics are very nintendoish, lol, but in a high tech, but simple way. I want to have different mini-games inside this game. I've written some basic games inside Expression 2 (garry's mod) lol, like snake and racing. If anyone can help contribute types of simple minigames we should write for inclusion in this game, that would be epic helpful. I know a couple people who can help write the mini-games, but I have zero ruby experience so I'll either need help, premade minigames, or extra time. This is kind of like a zone where for some reason, the cat tripped out and got tossed into mini game land.

1) What minigames should we put in here?(list as many as you want)

2) Why did the cat end up in minigame land? (has orange floating roads in space, connected to orb rooms, puzzles, and obscure teleport zone icons for the most strange games)

Speaking of that, I know there's some decent scripting how-to stuff on here by Leon and other RPG Maker dudes, I've looked over it a little, faving for later.

3) I was wondering if there's something specifically on how to interpret the help section that comes with RMXP, for use with coding...

4) I know the logical order is obvious, but, as an RMXP noob, should I learn Ruby basics to code in ruby first or should i learn rmxp scripting basics first, then research ruby syntax?

5) and/or I'm curious if there's outside website resources on RMXP Scripting or Ruby that would still apply to working with RMXP

Happy new year by the way guys!

-Abe

Could you make another topic for that in Game Making support? Just so we can keep the project topics clean and about the actual games. Mixing it with help will just make annoying to read and deter readers.

Could you make another topic for that in Game Making support? Just so we can keep the project topics clean and about the actual games. Mixing it with help will just make annoying to read and deter readers.

Thank you for the advice. i have done as asked. the link is now in my previous post.

If i can concentrate this project should get a lot more work done on it.

here is a rough dialog sample from the opening scene.

The edge of Sanity is where this tale begins.

Excerpt from the History of Existence Volume 1

“When you peer deepest into the abyss is when you realize that you are not alone.”

-Nomrik, Sage of Dismal

Unnamed

“Where are we?”

Tristis

“Why does it is matter the outside doesn’t exists?”

Miror

“It must or the inside couldn’t exists”

CANCELLED...

This project started off as a valid Idea in my mind. but after only a short break i have lost interest. im sorry for getting everyones hopes up. but i am still working on something. it is a short project... total top secret.

Thank you.

Violentpurge09

Well I was going to start working on this again but... it got corrupted...

Attached is a screenshot of what i was working on.

:mad:

post-16922-035638300 1300823441_thumb.jpg

Cancelled? :( I really like the sound of this A drug addicted cat with multiple personality disorders? Yes please :(

However for the future, to answer your question about getting rid of the box around the menu (in case you want to know in the future) instead of making multiple windowskins, you know how you have to set @window_name.back_opacity = 0?

change it to:

@window_name.opacity = 0

with @window_name being the window you object you are using.

window.back_opacity only adjust the background opacity, window.opacity adjusts the entire window's opacity.

but if you ever continue this game i would love to play it

Sorry about that... getting people all hyped about it... it was just one of those things that happens sometime. on the plus side it made me look into VX.