New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
evil cabbage

Gmail Account Blocked: Help Needed

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Since a few days ago, when I log into my Gmail account, it tells me that my account has been disabled due to suspicious activity (not just gmail, but also youtube and anything related to google). The reason for this is likely because I am in England at the moment, visiting a tonne of relatives, so the account has been accessed with lots of different IP addresses.

Anyway, the only way to unlock the account is for me to enter my phone number which I entered when I created my account. The problem is, about a month ago this phone was stolen. I managed to get the handset back, but the SIM card never turned up. I can't reset my password because "my account has been disabled", so the only way to get my account back is through my old phone number which I no longer have because my SIM card vanished. In any case, even if I did have my old SIM, I would still have to wait about a month to get my account back.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed the problem? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to contact Google specifically about this kind of issue.

Thanks