New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

The 2011 Best Game Trailer Contest Winners!

Congratulations to gRaViJa! He made the best trailer for 2011! Thanks for everyone who entered the contest. rgangsta you came in second place! Broken Messiah's and madanchi's prize money for 3rd place will be split because they tied!

Please make paypal accounts ASAP to receive your prize money.

Yay! First is the worst; second is the best; third is the one with the hairy, hairy chest! :P

xD

Congratulations guys.

Might I warn you that you won't be able to spend paypal money until you have confirmed your account with either a bank account or a credit card.

Its pretty easy to do it with a bank account though..

Yay! Thanks for the votes everyone! I hope the trailer sparked some people's interest to also play the demo of the game Ascenion ^^

Also congrats to the other contestants. I saw some nice video's that made a very intresting competition. Also thanks a lot to Franklin to give away the great price pool!

If anyone wants to know how i'll spend the money: It will be used for the webhosting of the game's website and i'll come up with a competition of my own soon where you can win real posters of my game!

I'll give you my paypal-account name tomorrow Franklin! :)

congratulations winners! loved seeing trailers being submitted for your game and the competitions. and obviously a huge thanks to Rated for holding this great competition and for rewarding with money out of his own pocket, which is amazing! =D

Congratulations gRaViJa and the runner ups. Also to you RKO, good work on a successful contest :alright:

Personally I don't think the contest was very successful. Less than half of the people who signed up actually made a trailer. It did not bring any new active members to the forums. I feel that I failed.

I'll make a new contest when school is out much longer to see if the turnout will improve.

Might I warn you that you won't be able to spend paypal money until you have confirmed your account with either a bank account or a credit card.

Its pretty easy to do it with a bank account though..

F*********! Are you serious? Now I gotta open a bank account. <_<

Personally I don't think the contest was very successful. Less than half of the people who signed up actually made a trailer. It did not bring any new active members to the forums. I feel that I failed.

I'll make a new contest when school is out much longer to see if the turnout will improve.

I think the trailers that were submitted were pretty good in the end, but there might have been some thing you could have done to gain more competitors and voters (and new members):

* this contest should have gotten a nice place on the homepage

* You could have posted about this contest on many other forums like hbgames and rmrk. Because there were money prizes, i'm sure a lot of people would have came over to this forum

* With a contest like this it's possible to accept games from other makers liek XNA, flash etc.

I posted the information on RMK. Only one person came here to sign up, but never submitted a trailer. Someone on RMK lied that it was a fake contest. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41320.0.html

I don't post at HBgames because I have a very bad rep on their sites. Their members were very rude to me.

I believe so? I woulda have figure everyone here to have a bank account though. Even I have one... less than $20 in there though, haha

Edit:

Once I get a job, I'll run a contest of my own, for less money of course, lol. $175 is a lot to give away for me right now, lol

Edited by Chief

I wont be able to claim my prize since I dont have a bank account or enough money to start one :(

Can money be added to paypal even without a bank?

Dude you can make a bank account really easily. At my bank (which I live about 70 yards from xD) you only need five dollars. And besides, that money is yours anyways, you just have to keep it in there to sustain the account. Then ask for your routing number and use that and your bank account number to confirm with paypal. They'll make two small (cents) payments to your account, and you have to confirm what they were. Walla, paypal account.\

You could use a credit card, but I'd assume you'd have a bank account if you have a credit card. lol

F*********! Are you serious? Now I gotta open a bank account. <_<

See above post. xD

shouldn't this have been sorted out before entering the competition? oh and you don't need a abnk account to open a Paypal account, you need either a bank account or credit card

shouldn't this have been sorted out before entering the competition? oh and you don't need a abnk account to open a Paypal account, you need either a bank account or credit card

Broken Messiah was informed about this in the announcement topic.

whoa, is it really that hard to get a bank account in the us? Here, in Belgium opening a bank account is free and all you have to do to link your paypal account is giving your bank account number. Weird how such small things are different in every country

* this contest should have gotten a nice place on the homepage

It did actually. I made two announcements on the homepage about it.

As for paypal, I think I found a way around it. In NZ we can get these things called prezzy cards which ur supposed to give someone to buy something online, or something like that. They cost $5, and then you put whatever amount of money on them. I started my paypal account with one of those. :) Hopefully there's something like that around in the US...