New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Dragon324

Project in a week has ended.

Okay here we go this contest is for anyone and everyone that wants to apply. As the topic suggests the goal here is to make the best project that you possible can ( Please no teams it would not be fair)in a week. The rules are quick and easy

1. Work on the project by yourself no outside help. You can use other peoples scripts and stuff and you an request scripts and sprites you just cant request anything that would advance your project. Examples of what you ant request aid for is maps, events, and anything that has to do with the database/game itself. Just no gathering the material until the start date.

2. You must propose a title for your project before the contest begin.

3. There will be no cheating and anyone expected of cheating will be kicked from the contest. Examples include working on it before the start date.

4. Judges word is finale to a degree if you feel someone has done scored your project wrong talk to me.

5. Judges must provide examples of why someone got the score they got. This has to be in sentence form with at least two sentences. A simple it was good or bad does not work.

6. Rpg maker xp/vx only. This means that judges are required to have the program or at least the rtp for each.

7. Last and not least have fun with it, this is to help you as a creator to increase your skill and to increase your knowledge.

Who's competing so far:

1.joman195~"Dragon's Den"

2.Polraudio

3.rgangsta

4.madanchi

5.Kiriashi

6.Tomo2000~"Demons"

7.ShinyToyGuns

8.chaysejack

9.Broken Messiah

Who's judging so far:

1. Dragon324

2. Midnite Reaper

3. wii1990

We need at least 2-3 other judges so you people out there who are good with rpg maker sign up. We also need at least three competitors.

Rewards are still in the air so if anyone has an idea please post or send me a message.

Lastly the start date begins March 13 12:00AM GMT-5 or United States Eastern time and ends March 20 12:00AM GMT-5 time. I will post the official start of the contest on the date for those of you who don't know for sure.

Hf everyone cant wait to see some awesome Projects :clap:

Edited by Dragon324

This actually is not a new concept around here. I did a game in a day competition before. The problem is that people were given little time to do anything. This could work though :alright:

Well with the permission of Marked and some other members I would like to start this as soon as possible for sign ups seeing as how spring break comes up in 9 days so it would be a perfect time to have it.

~moved to contests~

We had one of these a while back and the results were awesome.

You may start this whenever you want.

I will post announcements around the place to help advertise :biggrin_002: .

Okay here we go this contest is for anyone and everyone that wants to apply. As the topic suggests the goal here is to make the best project that you possible can ( Please no teams it would not be fair). The rules are quick and easy

1. Work on the project by yourself no outside help. You can use other peoples scripts and stuff and you an request scripts and sprites you just cant request anything that would advance your project. Examples of what you ant request aid for is maps, events, and anything that has to do with the database/game itself. Just no gathering the material until the start date.

2. You must propose a title for your project before the contest begin.

3. There will be no cheating and anyone expected of cheating will be kicked from the contest. Examples include working on it before the start date.

4. Judges word is finale to a degree if you feel someone has done scored your project wrong talk to me.

5. Judges must provide examples of why someone got the score they got. This has to be in sentence form with at least two sentences. A simple it was good or bad does not work.

6. Rpg maker xp/vx only. This means that judges are required to have the program or at least the rtp for each.

7. Last and not least have fun with it, this is to help you as a creator to increase your skill and to increase your knowledge.

Who's competing so far:

Whos judging so far:

We need at least 2-3 other judges so you people out there who are good with rpg maker sign up. We also need at least three competitors.

Rewards are still in the air so if anyone has an idea please post or send me a message.

Lastly the start date begins March 13 12:00AM GMT-5 or United States Eastern time and ends March 20 12:00AM GMT-5 time. I will post the official start of the contest on the date for those of you who don't know for sure.

Hf everyone cant wait to see some awesome Projects :clap:

Edited by Dragon324

I could judge, as I will have school during that period, can't enter a project...sad.gif

Oh...and I have the RTP for both so I can play any project, but can't double check database on VX as I don't have it and trial ran out...

Edited by Midnite Reaper

Thank you for replying you both have been added to the appropriate sections. :alright:

I will do judging if its ok with you.

K youve been added to the judging section. We do need more people if it helps with sign ups your not going 2 be judged on how long your game is were just looking more for quality not quantity.

Also would you rather just money to be a reward or something else like services to help with your project? Meaning your big project not the one being entered. Its up to you but I'm sad to say the money rewards would be quite low since I'm short on cash right now.

Edited by Dragon324

I would join, but I know Dragon324 in person. That might give me a slight advantage. :P

I see that most people are not joining because time seems to be an issue. Remember we ( the judges) are not judging you by how long your game is. Sure you need to have more than 30 min. of game play but you don't need 5 hours. The minimum amount of game time is probably 2 hours but not necessarily which is not bad and can be as long as you want it to be. Just make sure its long enough to show what you want the judges to see.

As the time is drawing closer I would like to see many members as possible to sign up and try this. Theirs no point in a contest if only one person signs up. So please even if you think that time is going to be an issue for you but you would like to sign up, do so anyway you can always withdraw later if absolutely need be.

Also as another reward on top of getting help on your project that you would receive a Project in a week reward banner to show off in your signature that states what month and year you won. Kinda of like the MOTM thing but for Project in a week.

I would like to make this a monthly thing but every month add a new twists but it all depends on how you the community make this turn out.

So remember join in on the fun and get ready to start on March 13 GMT-5. :biggrin_002:

Edited by Dragon324

I see that most people are not joining because time seems to be an issue. Remember we ( the judges) are not judging you by how long your game is. Sure you need to have more than 30 min. of game play but you don't need 5 hours. The minimum amount of game time is probably 2 hours but not necessarily which is not bad and can be as long as you want it to be. Just make sure its long enough to show what you want the judges to see.

As the time is drawing closer I would like to see many members as possible to sign up and try this. Theirs no point in a contest if only one person signs up. So please even if you think that time is going to be an issue for you but you would like to sign up, do so anyway you can always withdraw later if absolutely need be.

Also as another reward on top of getting help on your project that you would receive a Project in a week reward banner to show off in your signature that states what month and year you won. Kinda of like the MOTM thing but for Project in a week.

I would like to make this a monthly thing but every month add a new twists but it all depends on how you the community make this turn out.

So remember join in on the fun and get ready to start on March 13 GMT-5. :biggrin_002:

I'd love to participate but I think you are HUGELY misunderstanding gameplay time. A FULL RMXP game can be around 40 minutes. That's not a short game. So for a contest like this, 2 hours is insane. It takes about 4 hours to make a good ten minutes of game time. And I'm not counting battles, since that is a lot more dependent on the player.

I'd say a good total game time MAXIMUM should be around 30 minutes. Since I like to put extreme detail into every little map, I'd say my entry will probably be 20-30 minutes.

2 hours is way to much. It took me 1-2 years to just get 45min with working on it every day for 3 hours. I dont think there should be a limit on time.

Also i would like to join instead of being a judge.

2 hours is way to much. It took me 1-2 years to just get 45min with working on it every day for 3 hours. I dont think there should be a limit on time.

Also i would like to join instead of being a judge.

Yea I'm sorry about that it was mainly just to prove my point that we are not judging time as one of the criteria. I just forget that I'm working so hard on mine that I average about 1-2 hours a week and I was thinking I was slow. So yea good quality play time is 30 is min or so but again there is no time limit just please no 5 min :alright:

As far as everyone who replied ty for taking part in this and I'll add you to the list of competitors.

Kiriashi I'm assuming from your post that your joining please send me a message if I'm wrong. :sweatdrop:

Lastly I would like to have at least one more judge to make it more of a good number :P. So if anyone would like to judge please sign up.

Edited by Dragon324

I'll join :D Might kick-start my motivation and I can get working on my projects again :)

This contest will do much better when it is done during Summer Break.

Yea but I was hoping to have one every couple of months or so idk it really depends what happens with this one. Although in my opinion sign ups is going really well and a lot of people are entering.

And I have updated the list for the other two people that joined.

Lastly I would like to remind everyone to either PM me or post under this topic before Sunday the proposed title for your project. Also as I reminder on Saturday 5 hours before the competition I will post a 5 hours left post that way some of you can judge when it begins. Then I will also post exactly when it starts.

Until then.

Lastly I would like to remind everyone to either PM me or post under this topic before Sunday the proposed title for your project. Also as I reminder on Saturday 5 hours before the competition I will post a 5 hours left post that way some of you can judge when it begins. Then I will also post exactly when it starts.

Until then.

Might be a problem. I usually come up with the title last. I make my games completely random and come up with a title that goes with the story.

I suppose i could try to come up with one.

Wait

If we start Monday how are we supposto get a title by Saturday? The only way to get the title is if you already have a story and to have a story means you were already working on your game. :ermm:

Im confused :huh:

Sorry if im making things harder than they need to be. Just ignore me if you have to.

Might be a problem. I usually come up with the title last. I make my games completely random and come up with a title that goes with the story.

I suppose i could try to come up with one.

Wait

If we start Monday how are we supposto get a title by Saturday? The only way to get the title is if you already have a story and to have a story means you were already working on your game. :ermm:

Im confused :huh:

Sorry if im making things harder than they need to be. Just ignore me if you have to.

In my opinion it is almost impossible to not have people think about what their going to do for their game. So basically the way I see it is you can have an abstract idea of what your going to do before it actually starts you just cant have specifics yet. Hope that helps maybe I should post an example?

Next its just a proposed title you can change it at anytime during the week of the competition if you choose to its just to help me identify what project belongs to who for the possible banner and for when I get the score sheets written up.

Also it starts Sunday at 12:01AM and ends Sunday 12:01AM my time which again is GMT-5 Lastly if anyone else has any questions feel free to post or send me a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. ;)

After thinking about it your probably right so nvm about giving me the title 4 your game before hand as long as you give it to me the day before the contest ends that will be fine. :alright:

Edited by Dragon324

Project in a week starts in approximately 5 hours and 7 minutes.

For anyone who wants to sign up you have until then to do so.

Also I did not realize until recently that tomorrow we turn the clocks forward an hour so the ending time for the contest will be a hour past what I posted

Lastly for anyone who cant wait for my post to begin you can go here for a clock that has my time on it http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/eastern-daylight-time.htm Just remember it doesn't start till the clock hits 12.