New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Descendant of Orr

Guild Wars DnD 3.5 (feedback request)

So, I am firing up a 3.5e campaign based on the amazing lore and locales of Guild Wars. I have decided that I will give every class 2 skills from the game (reworked into D&D class abilities), one basic and one elite. The skills that I am basing mine on are not important (if you didn't play Guild Wars this is ok), I was just wondering if I could get some feedback/help balancing my abilities from the people here at RMXP! I have already had my players wipe once during my campaign. No one created a healer class, so they died fairly easily (I don't throw my rolls to make my players happy. If they fail it is generally their fault.) So, here are my reworked abilities - let me know what you think!

====================================================================================

Warrior

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bull's Charge

(Con Modifier) times per day (Must declare before charging)

Charge an enemy at 2 and 2/3 times normal movement speed - on successful hit, the enemy is Staggered (able to take a single move or standard action) for one turn and pushed back 5' - if the enemy cannot be pushed back, it takes 1d6 damage, and must pass a balance check (DC 5 + damage taken during this action) in order to avoid becoming prone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Healing Signet

(Con Modifier) times per day

Heals the user (Level * (Con Modifier + 2)) hit points - for the remainder of that players turn, they receive a -4 penaly to AC and take 4 extra damage when hit

====================================================================================

Monk

Boon Signet

(Cha Modifier) times per day

Heals the user (Level * (Cha Modifier +2) / 2) hit points - your next healing spell that targets an ally heals that ally for extra hit points equal to the amount gained by this ability (lasts for 1 hour)

Martyr

Once per day at level 1 and one more user every 4th level (must declare before damage is rolled)

Whenever an ally would take damage, negate that damage - you take damage equal to the damage your ally would take minus your (Class Level + Cha Modifier)

Assassin

Shroud of Silence

Once per day

Target touched enemey may not cast spells for (1d4 - 1, minimum 1) rounds - you are unable to act for 3 rounds but receive total concealment- when this ends you may shadowstep to the target enemies current position as long as the total distance shadowstepped does not exceed double your base movement speed (you may chose on which side of the enemy you appear)

Sadist's Strike

(Passive)

If you strike a foe who is at full HP, who is either unaware or otherwise flatfooted, you deal extra damage equal to the foes hit die count - after a successful hit, you may choose to forgo this damage to be insterted first in the initative list and receive an extra attack at your highest basic attack bonus during the first round of combat

Mesmer

Illusionary Weaponry

Once per day

As a swift action, all attacks for (Base Attack Bonus / 2, minumum 1) rounds become touch attacks. These attacks ignore concealment and ethereal while dealing flat damage (average weapon damage plus strength) and do not apply any effects that require the attacker to hit their target. Damage reduction is ignored for the sake of this ability.

Energy Surge

Once per day

As a full round action, you call upon a surge of energy at target opponents location. The area effected by this ability is a (15' + 10' per 4 caster levels) diameter circle. This ability does not move even if opponents do. Opponents move 1/2 speed while in this zone and take (Int Modifier * (1 + caster level / 5)) damage whenever they attack, cast, or use any activated class ability. This can only effect an enemy 1 time per turn. It lasts a number of turns equal to the casters (Int Modifier). Allies in the area also receive damage reduction (Int Modifier * (1 + caster level / 5))/-